Presenters roots showing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
I'll forgive AK because she is getting married soon and she will most probably be saving her touch ups for then. CH has had hers showing for far too long. So much for that powder stuff they all raved about. Obviously too much hassle, just let it all hang out!

I thought exactly the same about AK. The rest have no excuse especially the resident beauty expert!

Roots are the bane of my life (especially as they're grey:mysmilie_51:) I'm waiting for them to bring out Colour Wow in red.

I thought exactly the same about AK. The rest have no excuse especially the resident beauty expert!

Roots are the bane of my life (especially as they're grey:mysmilie_51:) I'm waiting for them to bring out Colour Wow in red.

Goodness, yes! Mine are even trickier - snow white roots and dark purple hair - I need purple colour wow or similar...

Maybe Chuntleys hairdresser is on the DHS, and we know she hates stepping foot in the DHS, or even, maybe they've banned her from it for slagging them off all the time.

As I struggle with grey roots, I'd love dark roots and may show them off myself if that was my problem.

I don't dye my hair so roots aren't a problem. And QVC will never make a fortune out of me with hair products.

Or fashion.

Or beauty.

Don't know why Chuntley has gone for that very un-natural brassy yellow hair colour. I seem to remember her 'natural' shade of light brown suited her best.

I would far rather touch my roots up, than use that, in my opinion, horrendous WOW I think it's useless, I ordered it, tried it and hate it - don't see what all the fuss is about, if I need a quick out the door touch up, I simply have a drawer where I keep old mascaras and use that instead - even on my brows.

Chuntley does enough shows with Percy and Reed, you would think they would offer to do her colour.

Yes, AY goes on about how simple and great the WOW stuff is to use etc. Strange since she has never used it.

That WOW stuff does look guide good in the demos but I always wonder if they select the models based on whose colour exactly matches the product.

I would far rather touch my roots up, than use that, in my opinion, horrendous WOW I think it's useless, I ordered it, tried it and hate it - don't see what all the fuss is about, if I need a quick out the door touch up, I simply have a drawer where I keep old mascaras and use that instead - even on my brows.

Mascara for touching up roots, never thought of that! I have black hair that needs colouring every 4 weeks as the greys (well, whites!) stick out out like a sore thumb. May give mascara a go.

That's one thing I have noticed, that a lot of the female presenters don't have great hair or colours, Catherine ,Ali Young, Ali Keenan and Claire all have the horrible yellow colour (which cannot be described as blonde)-Jackie has unflattering peroxide white and Chloe has the dead looking lifeless pale yellow...and all have dark roots nearly all the time!!

Not good really.

Mascara for touching up roots, never thought of that! I have black hair that needs colouring every 4 weeks as the greys (well, whites!) stick out out like a sore thumb. May give mascara a go.

I have black hair too, the thing with me is that I went grey overnight literally when I was close to 30. I was very close to my dad and he took ill, the thinking was that he wouldn't make it thru the night - long story short he did, and lived for another 10 years, but when we were given the news, I went back to stay for a couple of nights with my mother to keep her company as there was nothing we could do at the hospital, next morning I woke up, and was about to put my makeup on, looked in the mirror and there I was sides of the face pale grey, since then I've died my hair if I left it I'd probably be grey all over now, I've just not had the guts to leave it. When I've been short of money, and had these mascaras which you don't use after about a couple of months, I didn't feel like throwing them away, so that's when I started touch up with them. It's not a complete cure all, but it certainly helps till you're ready for a complete root colour, it comes out when you wash your hair so if you're the type to wash your hair every day, you'll get fed up doing this I'd think, I wash my hair every 3 days.

I have other issues more deserving of my attention, than whether presenters need their roots touched up. Who really cares?

I've decided to grow out colour and let my natural pepper and salt (originally dark brown) take over! Trouble with most dyes (including semi-permanent) is that they lighten and tend to go brassy, especially in the summer. Red tones just do not suit me. It's got to the stage of looking like a rather strange lion/badger hybrid but I will persevere. Guess it's difficult for those on TV to grow colour out, until they retire anyway :smirk:

Yes PrussianRed, they need to present a professional and classy appearance. OOPs, I think I just knocked most of the female presenters!!!!:mysmilie_17: Well they are suppose to be selling us the dream of beauty and glamour.

I remember when young, my mum and even my granny used to say women with roots showing looked dirty. Not sure if it was because only ladies of the night coloured their hair way back then???

At the Tarte TSV launch they were also selling 207036, a brow product and also a root cover up, but Alison didn't demonstrate it on herself. It would have been more impressive a demo than the dark haired model covering her scalp around her hairline. Mind you, maybe a 2.8g compact wouldn't be big enough to cover Ali's roots!

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back