Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered a ParcelSafe from Q, a large lockable box that screws on the wall for safely storing parcels if I'm out.

Unfortunately, I was away for a few days when it arrived. so a neighbour about 3 doors away, who I don't know well, took it in.

It is fairly large, and he was not pleased to keep it in his hall until I got back.

Oh, the irony lol.

No-ones had to take anything in for me since I bought it.

With regard to parcels, I always take neighbours deliveries in and they take mine in. I can't see the bother in it to be honest, even big things. The sorting office is 15 miles away and if I can save someone that boring waste of time and petrol then I will.

Last year my immediate neighbour had a Sylvanian Families house delivered to me (to hide from her girls) and I had many a wonderful night playing with that 😀😀 Complete lie of course but I was sooooo tempted to open it and set it all up. I love dolls houses.

CC

What's a cleavage?

Wikipedia definition: Cleavage is the narrow depression or hollow between the breasts of a woman. The superior portion of cleavage may be accentuated by clothing such as a low-cut neckline that exposes the division, and often the term is used to describe the low neckline itself, instead of the term décolletage.

Nicola likes to show hers off. 🙄

With regard to parcels, I always take neighbours deliveries in and they take mine in. I can't see the bother in it to be honest, even big things. The sorting office is 15 miles away and if I can save someone that boring waste of time and petrol then I will.

Last year my immediate neighbour had a Sylvanian Families house delivered to me (to hide from her girls) and I had many a wonderful night playing with that 😀😀 Complete lie of course but I was sooooo tempted to open it and set it all up. I love dolls houses.

CC
Up until a few years ago we were the same, give and take no problem but 8 per day and half
for someone who doesn’t live there plus the redirection note he felt they were just taking the pass and said that the next thing they would be expecting us to sit in to be available.

Wikipedia definition: Cleavage is the narrow depression or hollow between the breasts of a woman. The superior portion of cleavage may be accentuated by clothing such as a low-cut neckline that exposes the division, and often the term is used to describe the low neckline itself, instead of the term décolletage.

Nicola likes to show hers off. 🙄
I have a prairie!

Isn’t it surprising how many people see you as their servant? The moment I think that, close down.I am more than willing to take parcels in but it happens very infrequently, likewise my Hermes knows ‘ leave behind the pot’.

CC
Sylvanian Families oh those were the days 😊
We had a good clear out of under the stairs would be 7 years ago or so when our daughter was degree/masters-ing.
She’s kept some boxed families, but think we helped a fare few little ones with some lovely items.
One family had made over their sitting room and Dad was making shelving at the side of the chimney breast and the mansion was being incorporated, Mum was so excited about the surprise.
Mansion house, cottage, canal boat, windmill, convenience store, horse & cart, pony stable, school, bakery, boutique, bus, furniture sets and families.
Was so sad to see them all go. 😍

I'm getting even more confused by the Qurio app, or should I say the lovely ladies. A lady who's recently started posting stuff, and is obviously vying for top dog has posted a review of a pair of Frank Usher fur trimmed gloves she's just found in a bag on top of the wardrobe. Fgs, what do you mean just found in a bag on top of the wardrobe?! Surely when you order something, you intend to wear or use it, not chuck it on top of the wardrobe still in its bag and then find it by surprise. Anyway, thank God she found them 'cause they're lovely (in her opinion), in fact they were so good that she posted another review entitled "update on gloves"....Ooh what's she gonna say "I put them on and they're really scratchy and they've got a hole in one of the seams -Don't waste your money"? Oh no Sir, she put them on and literally said.. they're very nice,this is the wrist, and these are my fingers" -seriously, I thought you were trying to put them on your feet! Anyway thanks for that, I've learned a lot eg, that a glove goes on a hand , and where my fingers and wrists are located!
My biggest confusion as to this kind of review. WTF is it for? Is it that important to show us a pair of blinking gloves you've bought for yourself? What result are you hoping for? That everybody rushes to the website and orders themselves a pair and then thanks you profusely for the tip off? - It's only Q that will benefit from this let's face it! If you wanted them that much you wouldn't have thrown them on top of the wardrobe - but then if Lola can drag her hoover out of cupboard then I'm going through all my nooks and crannies for anything I can find to push her further down the page - it's getting hilarious!
Wonder how many are going through their bins and hoping that the packaging for the mince pies they bought are still there, or picking their teeth for the remnants of the Joe n' Seph's popcorn which undoubtedly would've cost them more than a gold filling!

I think they're all going crazy trying to post as much as possible so they are in with shout regarding winning that free prize - hence the sheer number of useless videos being uploaded

Sylvanian Families oh those were the days 😊
We had a good clear out of under the stairs would be 7 years ago or so when our daughter was degree/masters-ing.
She’s kept some boxed families, but think we helped a fare few little ones with some lovely items.
One family had made over their sitting room and Dad was making shelving at the side of the chimney breast and the mansion was being incorporated, Mum was so excited about the surprise.
Mansion house, cottage, canal boat, windmill, convenience store, horse & cart, pony stable, school, bakery, boutique, bus, furniture sets and families.
Was so sad to see them all go. 😍
I do recall my sister rummaging in someone's rubbish outside their house to retrieve the SF gypsy caravan. She was in her 40's at the time :LOL::LOL:

CC

Did glove woman wear the gloves before she did the first review?
No 'cause you could still see the tags attached - By the looks of it, on the second review she'd merely tried them on indoors, so was unable to tell us how warm they kept her hands, or whether the fluffy cuffs got in the way. I think she said she's gonna wear them on Xmas eve, so perhaps a 3rd review is on the horizon!

I’m not on the tatty appy- is there a prize? What is the criteria and will it be like crowngate?👑
I think there was a prize draw to win a ninja cooker, but that appears to have gone now. I didn't read the rules but if it meant that every video posted gives you an entry into the draw, then of course the chances of winning it will be pretty high. Lola better start preparing her acceptance speech, but she'd better watch out for HollyDolly who's creeping up on the rear! Lola (bless 'er) has bought yet another jumpsuit but is bemoaning the fact she can't go anywhere because of covid. Sod Covid love, you'll catch your death wearing that, or any of your other jumpsuits in this blinking weather. Sounds like she's from the North East, so probably a bit more hardy than a softy southerner like me..but fgs girl get yourself a decent coat, and not from QVC!

I’m not on the tatty appy- is there a prize? What is the criteria and will it be like crowngate?👑
It's no longer being advertised on the app (but definitely was still on there yesterday) but I'm sure it was one of those Air Fryer contraptions that they were giving away. For EVERY video uploaded, the poster would be entered into a prize draw to win it so I'm assuming these people were creating/posting ridiculous videos of everything and anything they have ever purchased in order to have more entries. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough who wins 'the prize' as they are bound to upload a video on it. Fingers crossed it's not going to be one of the self obsessed ladies who post something everyday and it ends up being someone who is using the app to genuinely showcase the product/offer constructive feedback and not be all about them.

Latest posts

Back