QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would imagine that the QVC management will have got wind of this debate now, they may curb their habit of sending out 50% letters or making phone calls, unless ofcourse the letters are automated. They may as I have said before call it all a marketing strategy initially but i agree with 'allthatglitters' this is a form of bullying and a good lawyer and a recorded phone call (with notification) could put QVC in a very tricky situation.
If QVC's main strategy of 30 dmbg isn't working for them then they need to come up with new strategies not penalise or isolate customers for simply doing what the presenters recommend constantly.

I don't think the letters can be automated because the cs rep told me he would be sending out a letter detailing what we had said in the conversation so that would suggest each letter is regarding an individual case. I may be wrong but I'll soon see when it wings it's way to me!

Do you know, it's very strange that I was the one who had a conversation regarding this issue and yet I'm being told that what I was told by a QVC cs rep is wrong??? How's that???:taphead:

Why do you think you have been given the correct info as opposed to us??

One of their customer service people told me YESTERDAY that their return rate is 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT as you have been told 70%.

When I have been told that and other posters have also been told the same why do you think you are correct because you have been told differently?

Finally if you had ever had to return an item as faulty and then checked on your QVC account you would see that it is registered as RETURNED not FAULTY. Or are we all wrong about that too?

My account normally says "replaced", don't know about yours. If it's returned for a refund due to being faulty it gets marks on your account as such.

I'm not the superior person you think I am. Please stop this.

Surely the 30 day money back guarantee only covers items that are of (merchant quality) or whatever it is ? meaning it can be tried/used for 30 days to see you can get on with it.

So surely items that arrive with a clear fault, short on number, incorrectly sized etc etc etc
They surely then can't be tried for 30 days so therefore should not be included in your 30 day no quibble money back return rate.

Just a point to think about is the number of items in sets/collections that you are asked to return the whole collection.
Such as damaged cosmetics - one item maybe leaking but all the set has to go back.
Such as Envelopes in a card kit come creased but the whole craft kit has to go back.
Or such as a Yankee candle set one of the glass containers comes with a cracked but it all has to go back.
A bed set that one item comes damaged and marked but the whole collection has to go back.

I would have thought that anyone being contacted regarding their own return rate could and should take QVC to task if the return rate being quoted to them includes returned items that were faulty.
As clearly your contract with QVC on purchasing an item is taken for granted is what you are being sold to try for 30 days can be done so.

What about the sale of goods act which is always being quoted on here and gives you protection against buying for 7(?) days anyway????

I don't think the letters can be automated because the cs rep told me he would be sending out a letter detailing what we had said in the conversation so that would suggest each letter is regarding an individual case. I may be wrong but I'll soon see when it wings it's way to me!

I had a letter asking me to phone QVC, when i did I got questioned about my return rate, it was that type of letter i was referring too, that may be automated.

My account normally says "replaced", don't know about yours. If it's returned for a refund due to being faulty it gets marks on your account as such.

Tigerseye, I have only ever had items that have acutally be replaced marked as such. For expample, a ring and a dress that was the wrong size but I liked enough to want them to send out replacements.

I have returned three items due to them being faulty and did not want a replacement. On each of these occasions they were marked as 'Returned''. On two occcasions I had to call them as they hadnt refunded P&P (although they had sent a prepaid returns label) on the first faulty return, I was too didnt give the P&P a thought as I was fairly new.

Bet

Well my account has always said returned.

It's not me thinking you are a superior person, you're given a great impression of it all by yourself.

Please stop what??? I posted on here that I had had an embarassing phone call at home and Graham decided to support me and the other posters who have suffered the same indignity. YOU are the one who has turned it into a personal thing, attacking Graham regarding his motives and doing all you could to prove I was not telling the truth.

Why on earth did you feel the need to get involved and ring CS yourself? Then to post on here suggesting that everyone who has personally experienced this issue is wrongh because you have been told something different. Let me ask you, if several of us have been told one thing as opposed to just you being told the other who's more likely to be correct??

You are the one who needs to stop!

I can assure you I don't order then return an excessive number of items, nor do I send back half used items!

I order things occasionally and if I am not happy with them I return them in exactly the same condition I receive them in, usually the next day. This is no different to catalogues and Next etc.

I have not ordered any skin care or make up from QVC for years as the 1 or 2 things I did buy reacted badly with my skin. I would expect any decent company to offer a full refund in such circumstances (Avon do).

Yes there are some people who will take the pi:cash::cash: out of the return policy but I am not one of them and for QVC to treat me as such is extremely insulting, which is the point I am making.

When did I say YOU sent back half the items you order? Just commenting that anyone who does should understand they are asking too much of a company.

Honestly some people on this forum seem to just jump to the defensive for some reason. If this thread is about you in any way I am not commenting on that just generally on the 30 day mbg

When did I say YOU sent back half the items you order? Just commenting that anyone who does should understand they are asking too much of a company.

Honestly some people on this forum seem to just jump to the defensive for some reason. If this thread is about you in any way I am not commenting on that just generally on the 30 day mbg

I know you weren't specifically meaning me but I was just making the point that I don't order loads of stuff and send it all back.

The only real time I send something back if there isn't anything wrong with it is when I've ordered 2 sizes to try, cos lets be honest QVC's sizing sucks doesn't it?

The thread is kind of about me (originally) because I'm the one who got the call and posted the other thread so I'm just a bit sensitive about it really. Didn't mean to post in a snotty manner.:angel:

I know you weren't specifically meaning me but I was just making the point that I don't order loads of stuff and send it all back.

The only real time I send something back if there isn't anything wrong with it is when I've ordered 2 sizes to try, cos lets be honest QVC's sizing sucks doesn't it?

The thread is kind of about me (originally) because I'm the one who got the call and posted the other thread so I'm just a bit sensitive about it really. Didn't mean to post in a snotty manner.:angel:

Oh ok all is forgiven! xxx

Or am I just hopelessly naive?
No you are far from naive or innocent. Imho you are an accomplished sh*t stirrer with an agenda that has nothing to do with QVC returns rate, the phone call or the letter. Why are you really here I wonder?? :pPC:

*raises head above parapet*
IMO, another contributing factor to the high returns rate is when a presenter says about an item of clothing, "We also have it available in *insert colour* but we don't have a sample to show you", then positively encourages viewers to order and use the MBG if the item is not suitable. I think that if an item option can't be seen on TV, it shouldn't be offered for sale.
*ducks below parapet again*

The fact is that a television shopping channel is more powerful than a catalogue or a plain old web site and the distance selling rules should be accordingly. The channel should not be allowed to promote a no quibble mbg if there is a quibble -even if people abuse it. It is their choice to have it, but there should be laws to stop them exaggerating at all.

** Another head pops above the parapet **
I joined this forum today, having 'lurked' for a couple of weeks. Until this afternoon, it had seemed to me a fun, light-hearted, engaging and supportive environment, mostly populated by people who seemed to enjoy shopping on qvc, but who had occasional bugbears and the odd moan, as do customers of any retailer. I've been dismayed by the direction this thread has taken today. I pass no judgement on anybody at all, I'm simply dismayed.
IMHO (my opinion only) (no axe to grind), I don't believe that for qvc to want to query, and even discourage, a 50% return rate is all that surprising - or all that objectionable. Just as I understand that occasionally one might, through no willful bad behaviour whatsoever, arrive at such a return rate. Whether you are offended or angered by a call on this subject is a personal matter. How the call is handled from the qvc end might also have some bearing on ones feelings about it. I don't know, but I'm guessing, that the reason qvc don't publish strict rules about their return rate, is that this is flexible, not hard-and-fast, and that they accept there may be circumstances where returns aren't correctly recorded, or goods are misrepresented, which could alter their view of any individual customer who *appears* to fall within their 50% scenario. I'm just guessing, that's all.
I have the odd complaint about qvc, just as everybody must do. I too can see that they occasionally suffer from hyperbole when describing the latest, greatest thing we cannot possibly do without. I can see that sometimes the people in the returns room read the slips and sometimes they don't - that's not perfect, but then who is? But I'm also, on balance, a relatively happy qvc customer - happy enough to continue shopping, albeit a little more carefully now that I understand the unwritten "50%" rule.
Nobody is obliged to shop with qvc, just because we have an account. We can stop, any time, if we no longer enjoy the experience, or if we object to the conditions. Just as we can (and I sometimes do) avoid certain shops in the high street, if we don't like them. Shop, or don't shop. If enough people stop shopping, qvc would want to know why, and then the 'rules' would probably change.
What one person loves, another person hates. What one person thinks is unreasonable, another is untroubled by. Can we not just 'play nicely' and agree to differ?
Am I in trouble? I hope not.
** Head down **

I have returned faulty items and also items that have been USED but they have always shown as returned items. This is unfair as the items should not have been sent out in this state!

I havent been a member here for long either Jools but I do know that its not just a forum, its a very close knit online family with friendships which go back way before my time.

From the way I read it, there was only one person not playing nicely. Graham put in his inital post that he had tried numerous times in the past to get a response from QVC but without success but he was having another go on our behalf. I for one am very grateful for this and so are many others, so when he is attacked for doing so, he is going to be defended.

I feel if QVC is to query a return rate. it must be transparent as to what this return rate is and how it is calculated. QVC must also (IMO) consider its approach in doing so. A phone call on a Sunday lunch time is not the right way to go about it.

You can rest assured it is a brilliant forum, I have had support, advice and a huge amount of entertainment and I know you will too. Welcome :flower:

When I got in last night, I was going to post regarding the nastiness earlier but I'd had a couple of drinks and wasn't terribly clear-headed. This morning , I find that Jools has said just about all I wanted to say, and very eloquently, too.

I don't want to drag it out but would just like to point out that if Grahams letter is flawed because it is based on hearsay, then HE is the one who will end up with egg on his face, so the attack is both senseless and gratuitous.

I too, have lurked on this thread for a long time enjoying the comments and camaraderie until I began to feel like the worst type of snooper and decided I really ought to join in - and I'm glad I did.:happy:

That's all! I'm off on my weekly trip to Athens shortly. Have a good day.

I havent been a member here for long either Jools but I do know that its not just a forum, its a very close knit online family with friendships which go back way before my time.

From the way I read it, there was only one person not playing nicely. Graham put in his inital post that he had tried numerous times in the past to get a response from QVC but without success but he was having another go on our behalf. I for one am very grateful for this and so are many others, so when he is attacked for doing so, he is going to be defended.

I feel if QVC is to query a return rate. it must be transparent as to what this return rate is and how it is calculated. QVC must also (IMO) consider its approach in doing so. A phone call on a Sunday lunch time is not the right way to go about it.

You can rest assured it is a brilliant forum, I have had support, advice and a huge amount of entertainment and I know you will too. Welcome :flower:

I very much appreciate your perspective, BetLynch.

I absolutely agree with you that phoning somebody on a Sunday lunchtime is not helpful, or conducive to good customer relationships - that's why I made my comment about the way the call is handled by qvc might affect how it is viewed/taken by the customer.

As for this being a brilliant forum, I certainly thought so too, and still do. I've never signed up to such a forum before and am looking forward to the experience, and the fun of sharing.

But I do wonder if the reason that nobody has got a clear-cut, definitive response from qvc has more to do with the fact that qvc wants to remain flexible, so as not to alienate customers who occasionally and innocently overrun the "50%". Nobody wants to lose customers, after all, and if there's a good reason for the customer's dissatisfaction with their various purchases, or their shopping pattern, I wouldn't expect qvc to then high-handedly stick to a 'rule' which means they are obliged to cancel an account - because if they didn't, then somebody else whose account was cancelled would, quite reasonably, object to having been treated differently - and who knows what kind of a hornets nest that could open up. It's only a view, that's all.

Ouside of this discussion, I am grateful for, and delighted by, the witty debate, humourous exchanges and the sense that there are so many people 'out there' who feel the same way as I do about qvc, and about certain brands, products, presenters, turns of phrase etc etc... the things that make me laugh, where laughter is fun to share with others... :flower:

Hi Jools, welcome, you will enjoy this forum, we are very friendly and love everyone to join in. Nice post by the way.

Latest posts

Back