QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry I have to totally disagree. This site was started as a fan site and a few years ago I got really frustrated with the negative comments, but know I think that the channels on the whole get the comments that they deserve.

QVC could have answered the question, but have chosen not to reply to me.

I really believe that QVC would benefit by opening up a dialogue with ShoppingTelly.com, I am always very happy to post positive stories as and when they arrive, QVC have chosen to blank this site, their choice but without answers the customer has every right to complain.

I am not even objecting to the policy QVC have, what I am objecting to is the on screen "buy and try" attitude, then send customers "the letter" or customers receive "the call". Make the policy clear on screen and you wont hear another complaint from me.

Ok. Deep Breath. Expecting, sadly, more insults.

In order to "open up a dialogue" with QVC you have to meet them. Face to Face. The MD, CEO or Chairman, whatever their fancy title is. If you've NOT managed to do this, try again. And again. And then think again about the way you tried to get hold of this person and why it's not worked.

You do assertive, you don't do aggressive. There's a difference. You know this. No insults, please.

You have HUUUUUUUUUGE influence over the QVC people (plus other shopping channels) not least in advertising revenue and immediate customer feedback. And...advertising on your site, giving me the right to make unreasonable posts. You are the most influential powerful person regarding distance selling that they'd want to meet to be honest and I reckon you know this.

Why would they want to see you - get in front of them and tell them. Lose the patronising responses please.

Ok. Deep Breath. Expecting, sadly, more insults.

In order to "open up a dialogue" with QVC you have to meet them. Face to Face. The MD, CEO or Chairman, whatever their fancy title is. If you've NOT managed to do this, try again. And again. And then think again about the way you tried to get hold of this person and why it's not worked.

You do assertive, you don't do aggressive. There's a difference. You know this. No insults, please.

You have HUUUUUUUUUGE influence over the QVC people (plus other shopping channels) not least in advertising revenue and immediate customer feedback. And...advertising on your site, giving me the right to make unreasonable posts. You are the most influential powerful person regarding distance selling that they'd want to meet to be honest and I reckon you know this.

Why would they want to see you - get in front of them and tell them. Lose the patronising responses please.

But if they won't even acknowledge a letter or an email, I can't imagine that a face to face meeting's gonna be that easy to arrange. I'm guessing that to arrange this sort of meeting, then a letter, or a email would have to be the starting point!

Last edited:
But if they won't even acknowledge a letter or an email, I can't imagine that a face to face meeting's gonna be that easy to arrange. I'm guessing that to arrange this sort of meeting, then a letter, or a email would have to be the starting point!

If you're "good" - you get in front of people. I know! (often, I'm "not good"! - but sometimes I am)

S

Hi!
I'm glad you enjoy working for QVC. Whenever I speak to people in your call centre, they sound as if they enjoy their work, too and it's generally a pleasure to speak to them.
Most of us are here because we've spent far too much money with them, for our own good which shows that they are good at their job - which is selling. I've been with them since the first day. I have also lurked on this forum for an awful long time and know that it is not here because we want shopping channels to go under - where would the fun be in that!
At the moment, we are getting upset and worried about the letters and phone calls that many loyal and honest customers are receiving about their returns, while, at the same time the presenters are urging us to return goods. It may well be that a few are spoiling it for the many. It is certainly the case that we receive returned goods sometimes.
I've had clothes with makeup on the collar and incomplete, or used items of makeup.We are upset that these count against us when it is the fault of QVC. If it is just called a 'return' then it can look as if we are abusing the system. We want clarification of this so that we don't get the phone call.....

i can tell you 100% they dont count against you they would rather speak to person who put item back in stock

I always thought the idea of these Forums was so we could share our experiences of the various channels, good or bad. Graham has highlited a flaw in the way QVC operate - good for him. As someone who has never sent anything back to them, I have not received the dreaded phone call or letter, but if I did, I'd be be angry, as to me, 'no quibble' means you can send an item back, and no action will be taken against you. Obviously, this is NOT the case, and it is this that Graham wants clarified. QVC cannot have it both ways, either it IS a no quibble returns policy or it is not. Simple innit ? As for the bad mouthing of folk in this debate, I'd hate to think anyone took it seriously. Rather, I think it proves how much we like and care about QVC and the other channels.

A meeting's not easy to arrange. It's true. But If I was in the same situation I would only post stats regarding a return rate if it was. A. Press. Release. Otherwise lawyers may well be watching.

I always thought the idea of these Forums was so we could share our experiences of the various channels, good or bad. Graham has highlited a flaw in the way QVC operate - good for him. As someone who has never sent anything back to them, I have not received the dreaded phone call or letter, but if I did, I'd be be angry, as to me, 'no quibble' means you can send an item back, and no action will be taken against you. Obviously, this is NOT the case, and it is this that Graham wants clarified. QVC cannot have it both ways, either it IS a no quibble returns policy or it is not. Simple innit ? As for the bad mouthing of folk in this debate, I'd hate to think anyone took it seriously. Rather, I think it proves how much we like and care about QVC and the other channels.

agree with most of that

but if they was refusing returns thats a quibble trying to reduce future returns is not quibbling (hope that makes sense) :thinking2:

i can tell you 100% they dont count against you they would rather speak to person who put item back in stock

Well, we all rather hope that these people get spoken to. I don't want to labour the point because it then looks as if I'm picking on you or trying to harrass you, and I'd hate you to think that when you've been good enough to come on here and speak to us. There are , however, people who ARE being penalised for returns that are not their fault. QVC is huge, and mistakes will be made but there is definitely something wrong with the system, and that's why we sound like miserable sods who do nowt but complain at the moment.

why dosent qvc say that you can look at something but return it in resellable condition. most other companies operate this way and it seems fair to me...
maybe qvc have shot theselves in the foot with this 30 day unconditional guarantee...
it seems unfair to withdraw it at a whim! specially as the presenters advertise this point several dozen times an hour.

reminds me of a story about an all you can eat cavery that got very narked when some folks appetite was a little too large for the resturant.
they asked the 'offending' party to leave before they could get more food...
seemed like a bad move to me ..so many people dont eat a great deal some do it kind of balances itself out!
se la vie!:wave2:

I've only recently joined this forum and posted once or twice. I've read this thread through from the start with mounting horror as a succession of people ganged up on one person. A site owner happy to describe someone as " as nasty piece of work" (post 41)?!
I work in similar industry, also know the quirks and systems but detailing anything would only leave me open to abuse so I won't bother. I am really disappointed in this forum and won't be posting again

No...(that's a sarcastic remark I don't relate to) it would so I can see what you're really like...face to face. Probably a nice person (as I am) and I'm sure less aggressive than you seem. I live in Brighton. Can travel. Are you far? Brighton is cool for meeting up.

No - I am exactly the same offline as on.

I've only recently joined this forum and posted once or twice. I've read this thread through from the start with mounting horror as a succession of people ganged up on one person. A site owner happy to describe someone as " as nasty piece of work" (post 41)?!
I work in similar industry, also know the quirks and systems but detailing anything would only leave me open to abuse so I won't bother. I am really disappointed in this forum and won't be posting again

Mounting horror? Erm okay...

You and I must be reading different threads because all I see is people getting increasingly frustrated at being spoken to like drooling idiots.

I will never understand why some people expect forums to be the land of milk and honey, no internet forum is any different to ST, they are places for people to discuss and exchange views - there will always be disagreements and fall outs. There will also always be criticism as well as positivity.

I appreciate your comments qvcworker but what this needs is official clarity from QVC, i'm sure nothing would please Graham or the people who have received "the letter" more than to be told exactly what the situation is for returns but after years on ST I know better than to believe that QVC will respond to concerns. Why do you think Graham is battle weary over it all? We've trodden this path before and got nowhere.

Personally I stopped giving them my money when I found out the truth about Dennis Basso - another issue QVC refused to respond to us about.

I would be perfectly happy for QVC to publish a Return Limit, and for them to vary it as commercially necessary- as long as they informed me what it was and how it was calculated, and as long as it took into account only those returned items which were not resellable and not faulty. After all, I can return to Next, La Redoute, M&S etc. quite freely, so why would I put up with an inferior service from QVC? What I don't like is the sense that QVC are arbitrarily deciding I have 'over-returned', when I have absolutely no way of estimating that for myself. Send me out a statement every month telling me how close to the limit I am, and I'll be happy.

Mounting horror? Erm okay...

You and I must be reading different threads because all I see is people getting increasingly frustrated at being spoken to like drooling idiots.

I will never understand why some people expect forums to be the land of milk and honey, no internet forum is any different to ST, they are places for people to discuss and exchange views - there will always be disagreements and fall outs. There will also always be criticism as well as positivity.

I appreciate your comments qvcworker but what this needs is official clarity from QVC, i'm sure nothing would please Graham or the people who have received "the letter" more than to be told exactly what the situation is for returns but after years on ST I know better than to believe that QVC will respond to concerns. Why do you think Graham is battle weary over it all? We've trodden this path before and got nowhere.

Personally I stopped giving them my money when I found out the truth about Dennis Basso - another issue QVC refused to respond to us about.

Oh what is the truth about dennis basso? Also many newish members dont know st history relating to qvc. What sorts of problems have qvc not responded to. A phonecall demanding a senior person should fix problems even though im sure this has happened

Oh what is the truth about dennis basso? Also many newish members dont know st history relating to qvc. What sorts of problems have qvc not responded to. A phonecall demanding a senior person should fix problems even though im sure this has happened

Have you ever tried to ask to speak to a supervisor or manager at QVC? It is impossible!!!

I would be perfectly happy for QVC to publish a Return Limit, and for them to vary it as commercially necessary- as long as they informed me what it was and how it was calculated, and as long as it took into account only those returned items which were not resellable and not faulty. After all, I can return to Next, La Redoute, M&S etc. quite freely, so why would I put up with an inferior service from QVC? What I don't like is the sense that QVC are arbitrarily deciding I have 'over-returned', when I have absolutely no way of estimating that for myself. Send me out a statement every month telling me how close to the limit I am, and I'll be happy.

I agree it would be reasonable to expect QVC to tell us what the returns limit was and over what period. I also agree that faulty goods shouldn't be included in this calculation. Not resellable is a different issue, what would be classified as not resellable? We have a thread on here complaining about returns being sent out again as we all want brand new items.

Anyone with the internet can view their account and see how many orders have been returned, maybe QVC should add more categories so the return of faulty goods could be distinguished from a general return.

Why should you put up with an inferior service from QVC? Well that's a good question and that's what I don't understand. Nobody should put up with an inferior service, if my returns level was 50% and I felt their service was inferior to other retailers then I wouldn't keep on buying from QVC because I wasn't being satisfied by them for whatever reason. QVC is a busness and if they saw a drop in sales because people weren't satisfied then they would look at how they operate and possibly change some of the things people don't like.

Latest posts

Back