QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not even objecting to the policy QVC have, what I am objecting to is the on screen "buy and try" attitude, then send customers "the letter" or customers receive "the call". Make the policy clear on screen and you wont hear another complaint from me.

Precisely my feelings too Graham. If QVC actually trained the presenters to tell it like it is, we would all know exactly where we stood. If not, then they should practice what the presenters preach and operate no limit on returns. It's not rocket science it's just telling the truth and being up front about their returns policy on air. I personally very much appreciate your efforts in trying to get this sorted out for us.

i think qvc are too generous to be really honest.
there is no way you could wear next, m&s stuff etc for 30 days and return it for a full refund..they would go out of business.
you would still get your guarantee under the sale of goods act if something developed a fault i.e a zip broke after a while but qvc are really excellent offering this perk...and that is what it is a perk.

long distance selling rules are you can try something on, look at it but never return in in used condition...ever just because you change your mind..
fair is fair and common sense is common sense...

there is no way you could wear next, m&s stuff etc for 30 days and return it for a full refund..they would go out of business.
you would still get your guarantee under the sale of goods act if something developed a fault i.e a zip broke after a while but qvc are really excellent offering this perk...and that is what it is a perk.

long distance selling rules are you can try something on, look at it but never return in in used condition...ever just because you change your mind..

What QVC need is to have much stronger quality control with a check on all returned items. When something is returned in a condition unworthy of resale (whether dirty, damaged, missing items) it should be taken up with the customer who returned it and, if necessary, refusal of a refund.

Oh what is the truth about dennis basso? Also many newish members dont know st history relating to qvc.

Dennis Basso deals in the real fur trade, so basically skinning animals alive for their coats. He is a cruel and evil monster. There were some sticky threads about him once, which I havent checked recently but hopefully they are still there so there is a continuing highlight about this issue for newbies.

Completely agree and hand on heart everything I have sent back has been as it arrived. The thing is there is obviously no difference between a 'new' return and a 'used' return. If I was someone who was regularly ordering, using for the 30 days then returning then I could understand QVC's attitude, I would be taking the P. However someone who does that is treated exactly the same as someone who returns items as they would when ordering from Next etc. With QVC a return is a return no matter what the condition!

What QVC need is to have much stronger quality control with a check on all returned items. When something is returned in a condition unworthy of resale (whether dirty, damaged, missing items) it should be taken up with the customer who returned it and, if necessary, refusal of a refund.

I agree 100%, this sounds like a great idea. My daughter needs a job and she would be great at dealing with these problems plus we dont live that far from Liverpool. QVC could save themselves so much trouble, lets hope someone reads this and likes the idea.

I agree 100%, this sounds like a great idea. My daughter needs a job and she would be great at dealing with these problems plus we dont live that far from Liverpool. QVC could save themselves so much trouble, lets hope someone reads this and likes the idea.

Scampdog, I think your daughter should apply for this job, attaching the relevant posts from here to her CV, to explain why they should employ her!!

Well that's ok, but the whole crux of the problem is that the presenters urge us the customers to wear things trying them out for 30 days and then send them back.

This thread has made me look at this 30 day MBG in a wholly different way. I never used to return things as I always thought that I could pass the item on to someone else as a gift and recently bought some Hanna's Candles with the intention of just doing that plus they were cheaper than YC for the equivalent size. When I burnt one it smelt off and I then read reviews from other people saying they smelt bad. Now, had I bought them in a shop I would have thought there goes £30.00 wasted and chalked it up to experience but because of the selling spiel on QVC I had no qualms in returning them - I still would not do this on the High Street and must admit that if I'm thinking of trying a new skincare range I would not hesitate in ordering from QVC because I know I can send it back.

i treat qvc like any other retailer. i really only buy stuff that i know i will like i.e branded stuff. and the price has to be keen.

i have to be really honest i have sent back very few items cos i really dont like the hassle..this restricts my impulses.

clothes is a real issue for me and i am really fussy.it will take many hours if not days to get the right fit etc so i dont buy clothes from qvc.

qvc sell a wide variety of stuff maybe too wide and some of the brands to me are not to my specs this yet again restricts my purchasing from qvc. i live near too many fantastic shops to kill myself with this type of shopping..

also i find the quality too variable on some of the clothing i have bough.there is a thread here about a centigrade coat. when you factor in the p&p costs and the quality you may as well go to primark or asda or tesco or sainsburys.

too much sales talk can lull customers into a false sense of security.

having ranted i still enjoy the little shopping i do have with qvc but i dont go mad ....i dont have to!

QVC Have not got a Clear and Precise Policy in Place, their 30 Day "NO QUIBBLE" money back guarantee is NOT TRUE...... many other things have already been listed on this Thread.

Also, when I buy anything from M&S etc, the CLothes, Shoes, EARRINGS, Bedding etc have NOT BEEN WORN BEFORE and then SOLD to ME....... also Handbags that have used Tissues in them, all these things and more have happened from QVC.

Last edited:
hi paw m&s are just really good at checking thier returns and putting them back on the shop floor lol. and its obvious from some of the posters here that qvc are poor at that.

they must get ridiculous amounts of returns all going to the same place. m&s have thousands of shops and each shop does their own returns that has to be on a lot smaller scale than qvc...

its all of a madness to me anyway qvc is just anather shop.

A few years ago, I completed a course to become a legal executive. Part of the course involved Contract Law and I'm positive that somewhere in there, we were taught that the terms of a contract could be rendered invalid if they were not disclosed before the point of actually completing said contract (Unfair contract terms act 1977? Sorry, I can't recall now). Surely QVC not disclosing that "terms and conditions apply" before any customer makes a purchase means that any contract between the purchaser and them is invalid and they, therefore, cannot enforce their 50% returns limit as a result. Their T&Cs might well be on the website somewhere but they've never told us that on air. I only know because I've seen it here. And what if I didn't have web access, as many don't? Those people don't have any chance of knowing what T&Cs might apply to their purchases.

Last edited:
QVC should have text that pops up on screen regularly to say that "We reserve the right to enforce the Terms and Conditions of our 30 day MBG". Preferably that should be said every time a presenter tells you to order one of every shape/size/colour and send back what you don't like.

A few years ago, I completed a course to become a legal executive. Part of the course involved Contract Law and I'm positive that somewhere in there, we were taught that the terms of a contract could be rendered invalid if they were not disclosed before the point of actually completing said contract (Unfair contract terms act 1977? Sorry, I can't recall now). Surely QVC not disclosing that "terms and conditions apply" before any customer makes a purchase means that any contract between the purchaser and them is invalid and they, therefore, cannot enforce their 50% returns limit as a result. Their T&Cs might well be on the website somewhere but they've never told us that on air. I only know because I've seen it here. And what if I didn't have web access, as many don't? Those people don't have any chance of knowing what T&Cs might apply to their purchases.
When QVC send you the letter or phone you though they are disclosing the terms and conditions. I would have thought that every purchase is a separate contract so going forward when you make your next purchase you do know about the returns limit. I'm not aware of anyone being refused a refund for something they have already purchased (though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

If QVC want to refuse anyone's offer to buy from them they are entitled to do that and that seems to be what they would do rather than fail to honour an earlier contract.

I recently ordered a George Foreman oven, and on arrival, it was marked, quite heavily scratched and had dirty marks on it, so it went straight back and I re-ordered. The second one arrived in the same state. We were very annoyed and had to order it from somewhere else and pay a lot more, but at least it looked new and wasn't scratched and dirty. I understand from other posters in here QVC has admitted not everything gets checked, so you can see why my item was sent out in that state, but they still have a cheek, to be honest. The two I ordered both got sent back, which, no doubt, upped my quota, through no fault of my own and done to their poor quality control, so I coud well have "the letter" or "the call", and I don't care if I do as I'd like to give them a piece of my mind.

The issue I have with this 50% business is that it's not advertised. We are told every day that we should feel free to order what we like, and how many we like as there's a no-quibble, 30-day money back guarantee. I can understand some people might order, for example, an expensive necklace/ring, wear it out and send it back, basically like people do with catalogues, and that's a bit of a cheek, but they don't say you cant, so why not?

I dont like sending things back as you need to pay p&p, queue for ages in the P/O, and wait at least 3 weeks for a refund as they're so slow, and everything we've sent back, more so lately, has been because they've been unfit for purpose. Which brings me onto Health and Safety. As far as their hygiene goes, QVC should not allow us to sent back items such cosmetics, earrings, shavers and tweezers. You cant return any of those to a store unless there's a fault, and I cant see QVC binning them, therefore I dont order make-up anymore after receiving some used items, and certainly wouldn't order shaving/tweezing items knowing someone could have cut themselves, cleaned it up and sent it back - and knowing that QVC doesn't check everything.

If I end up having "the call" or "the letter", I'll be asking them about that, and questioning their integrity as a company to deceive their customers and treat them in such a shabby way!

QVC should have text that pops up on screen regularly to say that "We reserve the right to enforce the Terms and Conditions of our 30 day MBG". Preferably that should be said every time a presenter tells you to order one of every shape/size/colour and send back what you don't like.

They still need to state exactly what those terms and conditions are, either live on air or include the precise details in the text.

I'm curious now - I've not heard a single mention of the MBG on air since last night. Has anyone else noticed that or have I just not been paying attention? Hopefully they've been watching this thread and have had to rethink how to "sell" the guarantee for the forthcoming Fashion Day, which is sure to generate a fair number of returns.

I haven't been watching but given the other thread regarding Julian mentioning BurlyBear it would suggest that some of the presenters are aware of the forum and someone may well have been reading this thread.

We will wait and see. The clothing shows are usually when they push the buying and trying sales pitch so something must have happened if they aren't doing it.

I've just watched the Laura Geller hour with Pipa and now that you mention it I don't recall her mentioning the MBG either. x

I've just watched the Laura Geller hour with Pipa and now that you mention it I don't recall her mentioning the MBG either. x

JF did on Indigo Moon this am.
"If you can't decide on a colour, order both, try them on at home - you have a 30 day mbg.............."

Latest posts

Back