QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The T&Cs are quite long so I don't think they could really show them on screen.

Do they send you a copy when you first buy something? It's so long ago that I cannot remember but I certainly think they should do that.

I cant remember whether they sent them either BB, all I can remember is getting a ring and bracelet sizer!

Perhaps they could put something on that little ticker tape bit that shows the txts, something to the effect of ....... 30 Money Back Guarantee, Terms & Conditions Apply, Call Customer Services or see the web for more details. Also the presenters could say 'terms & conditions apply - contact CS' once in a while. I agree they couldnt put the whole chapter and verse though, they have enough trouble getting the item details correct at times!!!!

On the whole, run-forest-run, I enjoy QVC, but I know I have spent... ooh,... probably *thousands* that I would not otherwise have spent over the years, on products I 'want' rather than 'need'. QVC get the benefit of the profit on that, much of which would probably not have come their way, had I not had the perceived security of the returns option. But in many ways, I envy your withdrawal from QVC and the feeling that one has - once again - bought a 'want' rather than a 'need'. I salute you!

Oh, but that 'lady stain' thing.... eeeew! I hadn't heard that one before!!!

I so agree .This is really shows that they should discriminate more in their calculation of who should be warned , or have their account closed.

I am pretty sure you would not have spent thousands if you weren't assured that you could return things without a problem. QVC have many customers the same I am sure. People buying off the TV , catalogue or web need to know that they can see the item in reality before committing to buy. I know that when I go to the changing room I take several versions of the same outfit , the shops don't seem to penalise me for trying on , they are just glad if you finally buy something . Remember when M and S had no changing rooms , back then they were always happy to accept returns .

I hardly buy much anymore ,( some clearance jewellery and some beauty TSVs mostly ) but according to my account I have returned 3 times more than kept . One was the same thing 3 times for being faulty , never tried on just arrived broken , another was my philosophy auto delivery that twice did not arrive , was returned to them as "undeliverable " by the courier and then twice had to be reordered.
So that's 2 purchases and 5 returns ???? a call coming soon I wonder .

There is also the right of return in 7 days once you have inspected something, if it is faulty or not as described that is QVC's issue and not the customer .

Anyway if they want to close the accounts of people who spend a fortune with them then they are very foolish.

Strange though, that Rob Locke and the Ideal World bloke (can't remember his name) objected to you publishing them though, isn't it?

Most folks I know would never mark emails as "not for publication" if/when they sent them as they'd assume a degree of trust and confidentiality. Or am I just hopelessly naive?

Not necessarily naive but maybe you this has highlighted a training need .??

I suggest you have not looked at many professional emails in your day or need some practice looking at small print .

More than half the emails I receive have a little " not for publication .... " legal jargon at the footer.

Yes I am being sarky , but I was keeping pretty steady until you mentioned "training " now I can't help myself ... oops :wave2:

Although I have not returned 50% of my goods, it always annoys me when they drive home the money back guarentee message on QVC. If they do not want to say so on air, it should at least say on the the product when you recieve it, 'if you return more than 50% of your goods your account will be cancelled.' This happened to me with freemans, they cancelled my membership wih no warning saying I returned too many goods. I was going on holiday and ordered quite a few clothes in two sizes so had to send about 10 items back. Now I can never have an account with freemans again. I wish this had been made clear before.

Although I have not returned 50% of my goods, it always annoys me when they drive home the money back guarentee message on QVC. If they do not want to say so on air, it should at least say on the the product when you recieve it, 'if you return more than 50% of your goods your account will be cancelled.' This happened to me with freemans, they cancelled my membership wih no warning saying I returned too many goods. I was going on holiday and ordered quite a few clothes in two sizes so had to send about 10 items back. Now I can never have an account with freemans again. I wish this had been made clear before.

I think people have been contacted about their level of returns rather than having their account cancelled without warning.

What Freemans did sounds a bit harsh.

I was listening to Simon Biagi this morning and normally they mention the "no quibble" returns !, but this morning he was very careful not to mention it at all :thinking2:, I wonder if QVC are listening ?, as I am sure they will be monitoring this thread !.

Great stuff, I love You and Yours ! It would be wonderful if they took it up.:clapping:

I think Pippa used to be a presenter on you and yours when she was known as Pippa Gordon , I could of course be wrong

I bought my first item on their channel last week a samsung tv 22" £362.00 and I saw a 26" one in tesco for the same price (not samsung) and wanted to return it but they wouldnt let me as it would be 100% back. They said the only way i could return it was to buy something cheap or someonething i wanted and just to return the tv and get lumbered with the other product!! this is no way to treat new customers. Tesco wouldnt tell me that would they? so why did QVC?

The sit-up.tv channels (bid/price drop/speed auction tv)might have hefty p&p charges but if you return 100% they dont mind and they get a few quid out of poastage from you! Thats why i buy from those channels.

I think qvc think people just buy and return items but it isnt like im gonna buy 10 products and return them all because id have to pay £50 poastage.

:hi:QVC's MBG allows you to return an item within 30 days. According to QVC's returns slipyou can choose from several options including changed your mind.

If I were you, I would phone QVC and say that you want to return the item, and QVC will have to arrange to collect it (since I imagine that it didnt come via Royal Mail or Parcelnet/Hermes!).

Should you have any problems, ask to speak to a team leader and he or she will ring you back. If you don't want the TV and you're within the 30 days MBG, you should be allowed to return it (assuming that you haven't damaged it).

Hope that helps you, shoptilyoudrop.

I remember some years ago now I sent my first purchase back to QVC and there was no problem doing that. I can't see how they can refuse to refund you. Hope you get it sorted out.

they said it is out of thier hands if it is above 50% EVEN on your first product. They said they say you have to make sure you like your 1st product other wise your stuffed! (they didnt put it like that but they were trying to make it out that way!) But ive never heared them say that before, have you?

I have never heard such nonsense in my life. How do you know you will like a product until you see it in the flesh. What if it was an item of clothing and didn't fit you, would you have to keep it? Non of the presenters have ever said that you can't send back your first order. It doesn't seem right to me.

Computer Active magazine have a Consumer Active section which concerns legalities and all that sort of thing, it might be worth getting in touch with them to see what they say, they do have a forum.

Just go to customer FAQs, and click on guide to returning a product. They confirm there that QVC offers a 30day money back guarantee on every product.

I bought my first item on their channel last week a samsung tv 22" £362.00 and I saw a 26" one in tesco for the same price (not samsung) and wanted to return it but they wouldnt let me as it would be 100% back. They said the only way i could return it was to buy something cheap or someonething i wanted and just to return the tv and get lumbered with the other product!! this is no way to treat new customers. Tesco wouldnt tell me that would they? so why did QVC?

The sit-up.tv channels (bid/price drop/speed auction tv)might have hefty p&p charges but if you return 100% they dont mind and they get a few quid out of poastage from you! Thats why i buy from those channels.

I think qvc think people just buy and return items but it isnt like im gonna buy 10 products and return them all because id have to pay £50 poastage.

please dont reply to this or offer advice its not true

what ur saying is completly different to what graham and has put in news item no other forum member/customer has ever been refused a return when under 30 day mbg

please dont reply to this or offer advice its not true

qvcw - it's an odd thing to say on a forum where you declare you work for QVC (if indeed you do), are you not able to expand upon the point as then this would give what you say more kudos - or have QVC tied your hands, so to speak?

You are alleging another forum member is making this up - this is a serious statement if you do work for QVC and quite frankly I would be surprised if you were allowed to comment at all on an individual case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back