QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JF did on Indigo Moon this am.
"If you can't decide on a colour, order both, try them on at home - you have a 30 day mbg.............."

That's deliberately misleading the customers! To say this implies that there is absolutely no problem at all with making returns, maybe she should have said something like,......If you can't decide on a colour, order both, try them on at home - you have a 30 day mbg, however if you have already returned a few items in the past you might like to think twice about this as QVC has a ceiling on its returns policy, oh and by the way if we have ever sent you someone elses used old carp and you sent it back that counts against you as well! simples! :tongue2:

There seems to be a recurring opinion on here that buying and returning used makeup and skincare (as opposed to buying things and sending them back completely unused) to QVC is somehow taking the piss. I think of course that customers should not take the piss and order item after item and return them all but I do think that if you receive a blush which is sold to you as 'suitable for all skin colours' as EVERYTHING on QVC inevitably is and you end up with great purple splotches on your cheeks that you are entitled to send it back, under their own much lauded MBG. They say constantly on makeup shows that the beauty of QVC is being able to try skincare/makeup/body products and if you don't like them, send them back. So frankly I'm going to take them up on that so I'll order a LG TSV and when none of the colours suit etc, I'll send it back. Used. Like they said I could. I don't think I'm being unfair to QVC

I don't return a lot of items but I don't feel guilty about the ones I do return, used or not.

Tx

A meeting's not easy to arrange. It's true. But If I was in the same situation I would only post stats regarding a return rate if it was. A. Press. Release. Otherwise lawyers may well be watching.

Why worry about lawyers? Makes no sense tbh QVC won't respond to Graham I am sure - it's all about reputational risk! In this case it's all theirs......if I was their Head of Compliance (and I am Compliance Officer) - I would weigh up the risks of the publicity on this forum vs press and this would equal - let staff know, train them better, get legal to make T&C clearer.

We make not ever get an answer but QVC will likely react within the organisation.

Last edited:
there is little or no lure for me to try cosmetics or clothing under the 30 day mbg.
1. i dont want to pay 3.45 to post a lip gloss or rather oddly £4.95 for some brushes.these postage costs would go some where into the purchase price of some really nice mac makeup or otherwise.
2.i would not be hard pushed to find better at cheaper prices than some of the unknown brands that qvc sell. smash box is under the max factor umbrella and i dont do max factor. or laura geller them so called baked stuff is littered on the high street. rip off or what...
3.qvc and other shopping channels will continue to use and abuse people who love to spend thousands of year on qvc "unessential" items.
shopping has become a bit of a hobby..:cash::cash::cash:

there is little or no lure for me to try cosmetics or clothing under the 30 day mbg.
1. i dont want to pay 3.45 to post a lip gloss or rather oddly £4.95 for some brushes.these postage costs would go some where into the purchase price of some really nice mac makeup or otherwise.
2.i would not be hard pushed to find better at cheaper prices than some of the unknown brands that qvc sell. smash box is under the max factor umbrella and i dont do max factor. or laura geller them so called baked stuff is littered on the high street. rip off or what...
3.qvc and other shopping channels will continue to use and abuse people who love to spend thousands of year on qvc "unessential" items.
shopping has become a bit of a hobby..:cash::cash::cash:

Smashbox was created by the nephews of Max Factor, it is not owned by Max Factor as far as I am aware, they are an independant cosmetics studio.

My point was not whether it's good value etc to buy cosmetics from QVC, obviously you have the option to shop wherever you like and if you don't choose QVC then so be it. My point was the implication by some posters that customers who DO buy cosmetics/skincare, try them and send them back are somehow abusing the MBG when we are positively encouraged to do just that in every show.

for me cosmetics are a bit of a no no.but thats just me. buying from a large shop that sells dozens of brands is confusing enough but you can at least test them out for free . most department storeswill do a makeover for nothing.

paying the huge sums to buy and return cosmetics on a constant basis to me seems like a waste of time and money.

anather case in point is the gardening shows people are spending hundreds if not thousands on plants and fertilizer each year.
if you were to listen to richard jackson you would spend around £100 a season on root booster,plant excelerator,flower power,spray and grow and a miriad of other nonsense to get your plants to flower...
they even show results against unfed plants and plants fed with flower power. stuff and nonsense.

i have been using which current best buy for £2.50 a box. fantastic results!

qvc will constantly take the mickey some folks are too quick to hand over their money..good on qvc may the fools and their never ending supply of money be parted and may you be invited to many customer events.:cash::cash::cash::cash::cash::cash::cash::cash::cash::cash::cash:

Smashbox was created by the nephews of Max Factor, it is not owned by Max Factor as far as I am aware, they are an independant cosmetics studio.

My point was not whether it's good value etc to buy cosmetics from QVC, obviously you have the option to shop wherever you like and if you don't choose QVC then so be it. My point was the implication by some posters that customers who DO buy cosmetics/skincare, try them and send them back are somehow abusing the MBG when we are positively encouraged to do just that in every show.

I have taken advantage of their mbg on skincare in the past, especially as I have quite sensitive skin. I took Alison Young on her word when she recommended certain skincare as suitable for my skin, tried it, had reactions so sent it back. I don't feel guilty about that, nor do I feel anyone should, nor have I suggested anyone should.

The point I have made is that some people do take the piss, see some of the outlet shop threads to see what gems some members have seen in the shops - dirty, worn clothes and shoes, kits with items missing etc. These returns are registered in exactly the same way as someone returning an item in exactly the same condition it arrived in! It doesn't say on your account whether the return was new or used, so genuine people are being treated the same as the people who take the piss! To QVC a return is a return, whatever the condition.

I'm aware that I sound like a whinging harpy now so I'm not going to comment again. I haven't heard back from QVC in reply to my letter and don't expect I will tbh.

I think we're making the same point but in a different way LOL!

I was most surprised when QVC replied to me about claiming to be the only supplier of Smashbox. I mailed hem again about it recently but heard nothing back this time...

Tx

I e-mailed and phoned ages ago about Smashbox because I was geting it from Selfridges.... Guess what, no reply to e-mail and no sensible reply to phone call.

As I posted earlier many times they say **EXCLUSIVE** to QVC and IT'S NOT... so in any Lingo/Jargon that is outright LYING............

Also the **30 Day NO QUIBBLE Money Back Guarantee** that's what the Thread is all about, and that is certainly NOT THE TRUTH..........

Hi all,

I've just cancelled a waitlist order with QVC and had this reply back:

Dear Karen,

Thank you for contacting QVC.

We can confirm that we’ve cancelled the above order for you, just as you asked. No charge has been made to your credit/debit card.

It’s easy to cancel items with QVC if you change your mind after ordering. Plus, our 30-day money-back guarantee allows you even more freedom to try an item before making a decision.

We look forward to you shopping with us again soon.

Thank you for emailing QVC.

I've never had so much spiel on an email, it seems they're promoting the 30MBG even further????

BB
x

I think we're making the same point but in a different way LOL!

I was most surprised when QVC replied to me about claiming to be the only supplier of Smashbox. I mailed hem again about it recently but heard nothing back this time...

Tx

I bet they never email u back either

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

i only return things that don't work, or are not as they were advertised. For example, 12 inch papetrs that are only 11.5 inches is false advertising. And lipsticks that burn are no use to anyone. Maybe they should be more honest

A few years ago, I completed a course to become a legal executive. Part of the course involved Contract Law and I'm positive that somewhere in there, we were taught that the terms of a contract could be rendered invalid if they were not disclosed before the point of actually completing said contract (Unfair contract terms act 1977? Sorry, I can't recall now). Surely QVC not disclosing that "terms and conditions apply" before any customer makes a purchase means that any contract between the purchaser and them is invalid and they, therefore, cannot enforce their 50% returns limit as a result. Their T&Cs might well be on the website somewhere but they've never told us that on air. I only know because I've seen it here. And what if I didn't have web access, as many don't? Those people don't have any chance of knowing what T&Cs might apply to their purchases.
QVC's T&Csare readily available on line and presumably you can ask CS for a copy either by phoning them or writing

QVC's T&Csare readily available on line and presumably you can ask CS for a copy either by phoning them or writing

Indeed, but that's still no use if they don't tell you that they have them in the first place :)

I recently ordered a George Foreman oven, and on arrival, it was marked, quite heavily scratched and had dirty marks on it, so it went straight back and I re-ordered. The second one arrived in the same state. We were very annoyed and had to order it from somewhere else and pay a lot more, but at least it looked new and wasn't scratched and dirty. I understand from other posters in here QVC has admitted not everything gets checked, so you can see why my item was sent out in that state, but they still have a cheek, to be honest. The two I ordered both got sent back, which, no doubt, upped my quota, through no fault of my own and done to their poor quality control, so I coud well have "the letter" or "the call", and I don't care if I do as I'd like to give them a piece of my mind.

The issue I have with this 50% business is that it's not advertised. We are told every day that we should feel free to order what we like, and how many we like as there's a no-quibble, 30-day money back guarantee. I can understand some people might order, for example, an expensive necklace/ring, wear it out and send it back, basically like people do with catalogues, and that's a bit of a cheek, but they don't say you cant, so why not?

I dont like sending things back as you need to pay p&p, queue for ages in the P/O, and wait at least 3 weeks for a refund as they're so slow, and everything we've sent back, more so lately, has been because they've been unfit for purpose. Which brings me onto Health and Safety. As far as their hygiene goes, QVC should not allow us to sent back items such cosmetics, earrings, shavers and tweezers. You cant return any of those to a store unless there's a fault, and I cant see QVC binning them, therefore I dont order make-up anymore after receiving some used items, and certainly wouldn't order shaving/tweezing items knowing someone could have cut themselves, cleaned it up and sent it back - and knowing that QVC doesn't check everything.

If I end up having "the call" or "the letter", I'll be asking them about that, and questioning their integrity as a company to deceive their customers and treat them in such a shabby way!

Becs I just wanted to say *Excellent* Well Done - you have expressed my thoughts perfectly ! Super Post Thank You X X

inatzzy

I had the same issues with the George Foreman oven, I had 2, one of which had scratches, and both digital displays went faulty.

Plus, it took twice as long to cook a chiken than the QVC demo said and that it would take in a normal oven!

Last edited:

Not good enough. They are a TV shopping channel so the T&Cs need to be available on TV.

Not good enough. They are a TV shopping channel so the T&Cs need to be available on TV.

The T&Cs are quite long so I don't think they could really show them on screen.

Do they send you a copy when you first buy something? It's so long ago that I cannot remember but I certainly think they should do that.

Has anyone ever tried contacting Watchdog about all these issues? I personally dislike the programme and it's presenters but they do have their uses. Could make a good bit of TV for them. They would probably drag out that French and Saunders sketch where they took the pee out of QVC - it is hilarious!

Has anyone ever tried contacting Watchdog about all these issues? I personally dislike the programme and it's presenters but they do have their uses. Could make a good bit of TV for them. They would probably drag out that French and Saunders sketch where they took the pee out of QVC - it is hilarious!

I have contacted You and Yours on Radio 4, maybe now Anne Robinson is back in control of watchdog she could get her teeth into QVC and get some answers.

Latest posts

Back