QVC Presenter Ages

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EleanorFrancis

Registered Shopper
Hi all,

Was just wondering whether anyone knew how old Anne Dawson was? Sure someone mention she was the oldest female presenter, but thought that was Julia.

Also, on the topic, they are all getting on a bit and with Kathy retiring, Julia in ill health, Ali K in her sixtites, Debbie late fifties, and Catherine on long leave - not surprising they have introduced new presenters, although I've not taken to them...yet.

That makes her sixty two Still young
I was 63 last month & I retired when I was 59. I can't understand why any of the tat presenters would want to continue to work when they could be enjoying life & having fun. Continuing to work for financial reasons is obviously a priority for some but I can't see that situation applies to them. Carpe diem because we never know when we'll run out of days.

Not long ago Jackie and Ruth clearly and proudly stated neither would be retiring. Jackie said she would be working at Q until they didn’t want her and I think too her off air.

Not long ago Jackie and Ruth clearly and proudly stated neither would be retiring. Jackie said she would be working at Q until they didn’t want her and I think too her off air.
Just read that Eamonn Holmes is quitting This Morning to go to another Station expect Ruth will leave too.

C'mon people ! there's only one reason why nobody retires from QVC - altogether now ... "IT'S THE FREEBIES" !!! NEVER having to fork out for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary presents, just delve into the freebie box. Never having to buy skin/hair care products, cosmetics. Tech products, cleaning stuff, food, jewellery, ok, the godawful fashion, shoes, home accessories. The list is like a supermarket sweep around a department store.

Even if they ARE considering retirement, what's betting the spare bedroom is stashed ceiling high with goodies. Even if they do splash the cash, its no doubt heavily staff discounted. I bet they wish that the cruise companies would dump Ideal World and migrate to QVC - Craig would REALLY be in an orgasmic fit at that !

If people love what they do for a living and they are still deemed competent to do it, why retire?
Freedom, spontaneity, time with the person/people you love, hobbies, enjoying/doing the garden, mid week breaks, lie-ins, not wearing a watch, not getting up early, no commute, leaving behind annoying/boring/rude colleagues & bosses, looking at the sky, afternoon delight...

Freedom, spontaneity, time with the person/people you love, hobbies, enjoying/doing the garden, mid week breaks, lie-ins, not wearing a watch, not getting up early, no commute, leaving behind annoying/boring/rude colleagues & bosses, looking at the sky, afternoon delight...
Each to their own.

Hi all,

Was just wondering whether anyone knew how old Anne Dawson was? Sure someone mention she was the oldest female presenter, but thought that was Julia.

Also, on the topic, they are all getting on a bit and with Kathy retiring, Julia in ill health, Ali K in her sixtites, Debbie late fifties, and Catherine on long leave - not surprising they have introduced new presenters, although I've not taken to them...yet.
Sorry, I keep trying to watch the new presenters but I just can't bear either of them. Turn them off now. Sales must be lost , surely I'm not the only one!!

C'mon people ! there's only one reason why nobody retires from QVC - altogether now ... "IT'S THE FREEBIES" !!! NEVER having to fork out for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary presents, just delve into the freebie box. Never having to buy skin/hair care products, cosmetics. Tech products, cleaning stuff, food, jewellery, ok, the godawful fashion, shoes, home accessories. The list is like a supermarket sweep around a department store.

Even if they ARE considering retirement, what's betting the spare bedroom is stashed ceiling high with goodies. Even if they do splash the cash, its no doubt heavily staff discounted. I bet they wish that the cruise companies would dump Ideal World and migrate to QVC - Craig would REALLY be in an orgasmic fit at that !

You put it much better than I could. But FREEBIES was my first and only response.

Oh sooo true. I worked non-stop from age 17 until I was on my knees by the time I reached 58. Fortunately I had a pp that kept me going until I had the old age pension at 60. I even discovered that (at the time) 'only' 38 years NI needed to be paid to get the full pension, well, I had coughed up 40 years, so what happened to my 2 years extra contributions ???

Never regretted it. At first I did miss one or two colleagues, but in the main a lot in the Admin office of the NHS was like a snake pit - walk out and you were the target, walk in last and you knew who was the topic of discussion, and these weren't 'kids' but middle aged women, so I cut my losses and counted the days to 'freedom'. What happens ? 6 weeks after retiring my Dad suffered a stroke, so it was endless days back at the hospital visiting, and looking in on my Mum, so perhaps it was kismet that I had to retire at that time.

I totally agree it's for the salary, but mainly freebies. They also get free health care insurance Charlie mentioned that years ago. They all seem to well off the presenters. A few like to brag showing there houses etc. Let's be honest why work until you're pushed. Surely if you have the money. Why not spend it with your partner and family enjoy the years you have left. Money and freebies are not the be all and end all. I know you can get knocked over tomorrow. I appreciate that, but you want to enjoy what time you have left. That is my opinion only. I absolutely adore my hubby. My Precious Mum passed away many years ago 😭💔. My parents where devoted to each other. They often talked what they would do in there retirement year's. My hubby has gone through so much in last 20 months. I am scared something will happen to him. I don't like too look too far ahead. Like my Precious Parents did. If he was privileged to earn the presenters salary. He would be retired tomorrow. But not everyone thinks of that xx

Latest posts

Back