Red Carpet Manicure TSV 21/11/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I know its early but with there being other nail brand Tsv's before RCM, I thought id give you the heads up that theres an Xmas RCM TSV on the 21st of November :nod:

I've been using RMC since Aug 2012. Now it is not lasting on my nails. I keep the varnish in a cool dark place. I have recently tried putting a base of nail envy on the day before but it is still peeling off and chipping on my dominant hand by the third day. I am using thin coats and capping the leading edge.

Any suggestions?

I've been using RMC since Aug 2012. Now it is not lasting on my nails. I keep the varnish in a cool dark place. I have recently tried putting a base of nail envy on the day before but it is still peeling off and chipping on my dominant hand by the third day. I am using thin coats and capping the leading edge.

Any suggestions?

A product like OPI Bond Aid should help. It slightly dehydrates the nail very slightly and makes sure there's no oil on the nail, so your manicure should last longer. Also make sure you have capped your edges, if you do all 5 nails at once, go back and check them before popping them under the lamp, just to make sure the polish hasn't shrunk away from the free edge and the cuticle.

I hope it's not another set with a lamp, would love it with an option to not have the lamp...

I would imagine with it being the Xmas tsv that it will be the complete kit again as they will say how its perfect for gifting :Wink:. However it would make more sense for the Tsv to be an add on kit for people who already have the lamp, mayb they will have a hot pick with the complete kit instead. :Surprise:.

I'm only likely to repurchase the clear base and top coats because I find just using these lasts longer, maybe adding two colour coats makes the total thickness more prone to peeling. I then use any colour polish from my polish "wardrobe" and it lasts easily a week if I leave it.

Being a beauty hoarder I rarely throw stuff away and found a Sally Hansen heat set base coat (goodness knows how old it is, or if it's still available) so next time I remove my RCM I'll give this a go, setting it with the lamp. (It actually says to set it next to the heat from a light-bulb). The Nails Inc gell-like base coat was very poor imho thought the Avon version was okay and didn't peel - I think they're little more than the old ridge-fillers.

Back in the early 90s when I had fully-sculpted acrylics the nail tech used the UV lamp to set the final coats of colour polish, I wonder whether using the lamp from RCM would speed up ordinary polish setting?

RCM is in danger of turning into QVC's version of Ideal Worlds Karcher if you ask me.
Christ on a bike, it seems we get a TSV every fortnight, with extra shows in between as well.

Last edited:
I agree with Jude, I find if I use all four coats of gel set with the lamp it's off in a few days, so I just use the top and base coats, with ordinary polish either between the two or over the top, depending on how much time I've got to slap it on. Either seems to last far longer than all the lot being gel.

Loving my RCM so am hoping that, even if they do the lamp with the TSV, they will at least do some new colour sets (and some sets of base and top coats!).

I agree with Jude, I find if I use all four coats of gel set with the lamp it's off in a few days, so I just use the top and base coats, with ordinary polish either between the two or over the top, depending on how much time I've got to slap it on. Either seems to last far longer than all the lot being gel.
Last august I could get a good 10 days wear from RMC using 4 coats now I am down to 3 days. I've no idea why so I'll try your way of undercoat and top coat and then ordinary polish. Yesterday I took it all off and have put a couple of coats of nail envy - may wait a few days before using the RMC gel again.

I'm still on my first bottle of base and brilliance since Aug 2012 - well they did say to use it thinly. That is with continual use as well - hardly any times I haven't used it

Anyone any ideas what colours will be offered in this? Or if there are some nice new colours in sets for those of us that already have a lamp or two? :mysmilie_19:

Debbie flint wrote this on her blog:

Red Carpet Manicure TSV on 21st – gosh what a week! Join me and sis, Linda Bignell, midnight on Wed (20th) when we launch our xmas gift pack incl a portable LED light and two new colours! It’s what I’ll be wearing on air all next week! Great price too so don’t miss it.

Latest posts

Back