Returns dilemma

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

freedom99

Registered Shopper
Hi,

I was wondering what I should do with a toy I bought in The Christmas in July shows. It cost me £60.00 and I bought it on easy payments. I knew my little girl wanted a toy dog and thought this looked good.
When it arrived I tried testing it but could not get into the dog without totally destroying the box. As it happened it was a total nightmare to get out of the box and took me nearly 20 mins to free it with the box in pieces so it was a good job I didn't insist on getting it out when it arrived as it was a present from Santa.

Anyway it appears to be working but won't open it eyes much and really does nothing like it said it would do, I've honestly had better toys from mcdonalds. It's such a waste of money totally pants and won't ever get played with cause it not worth the bother. And on top of it's so heavy and badly balanced. It's not on demo mode either I checked because it was so bad.

Do I phone and complain or is it to late???? How was I supposed to test the thing if I could not take it out of the box before Christmas , which is what they were saying it would be good for.
Any ideas where I stand on this,

Thanks

Talk to customer service but it might be best to focus on the fact that it doesn't work properly. I know they have a year's guarantee on jewellery ... so if it's faulty they will replace or refund. Not sure what the guarantee is on other products but someone else might know.

Good luck!

I think you will find everything is covered by 12 months guarantee and customer services are first class at QVC.

Give them a ring and they will sort it out for you.

if its not doing what it says on the 'tin' you should be able to get your money back regardless of the time bought, especially as they sold it in july for christmas x

I was told they only guarantee for 6 months when I had a fault develop with a bag just after 6 months. As it only cost about £12 (+p&p) I didn't bother to follow it up (although I put a post on here about it at the time).

Perhaps I had an "awkward" CS person, so I hope you have better luck.

As your dog was sold as an Xmas present it should be assumed that it wouldn't be opened until Xmas, regardless of how difficult the box was to open.

You could also tell them "a dog is for life, not just Xmas" lol (or perhaps not!)

Thanks guys I am going to give them a call in the morning, first I will have a word with my daughter she is only 7 and I don't want to spoil the Santa thing for her, I am sure if it went missing she would never know, but if a replacement of another kind turned up I think she would go looking and see it missing.

Oh the messing over Christmas I suppose that's what you get for being organised.

I will post what happens just so we know the policy of Qvc for the day.lol

Just to add the reason why I was not sure was a while ago I bought a craft kit that has stamps and paper in it and of course I opened it to check the contents but never used it, about 8 weeks later ( give or take a week) I tried stamping with the stamps and they were useless.
I phone customer service and was told no exchange because I should have checked them when they arrived and my 30 days were up. So not ordered much craft stuff since because I hardly ever have the time to try it out there and then.
What a way to loose a customer and I have been with them from the start.

Don't give up at the first hurdle i.e. the customer service lady on the phone. A 30 day money back guarantee is not an absolute bar against refunds after the 30 days expires.a few years ago I bought a philosophy set, did not open the moisturiser until I had finished using my previous one up (a different brand). When I started the philosophy one it brought me out in a rash, but I was outside the 30 days for a guaranteed refund. The bloke on the phone said no. I sent them an email complaining that I could not have known that I would have a reaction until after finishing what I was using before, and they agreed to refund me, even sending me a returns label with pre paid postage.

I have to say I bought some crap plug in TV game when mine were small on Christmas in July and when it came round to Christmas and finally got everything out of its packaging,it never worked.I was really cheesed off but I didn't pay a lot of it,so kind of put it down to experience.I don't think I've bought anything since on that July promotion - if I have,I know its definitely something I can check straightaway!

I wouldn't give up on CS though,I mean £60 is a lot of money.

Thank you everyone they said to send it back for a refund so it's gone and hopefully I will get my money back very soon.

I will be checking everything out in future. And no more toys in July .lol

Latest posts

Back