Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You don't pay postage to send it back, If you call them they will send out a free returns label. BUT you should make sure you get your p&p back in with your refund.

Not if it is not faulty they don't.

Not if it is not faulty they don't.

I've had faulty goods refunded in full and because of what you just wrote I checked their online terms and conditions. Under section 10 for "Faulty or damaged products" it says:

"10.1 We will refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which is delivered in a damaged or faulty condition. We will also refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which develops a fault within a period of 6 months from delivery (other than due to normal wear and tear, failure to follow instructions or misuse).
10.2 Alternatively, and at your option, QVC will replace the product with the same, or a similar product (subject to stock availability). Contact our Customer Service representatives (see section 15 below) who will send you a pre-paid label to return the product by post or arrange for a courier to collect it from you. Please include your membership details and order number (if possible) with the returned product and indicate whether you require a refund or replacement (subject to stock availability). If the product is to be returned by post, please remember to obtain proof of posting. Please allow 30 days from our receipt of your product for your refund to be processed or a replacement product to be despatched."

If you ring them, ask them for a pre-paid returns label, you are incurring no charge for damaged/faulty goods.

Last edited:
I bought one of those Zilo Smell Killers with the dish for my Dad and that had been used. There was a ring of limescale around the bowl so it had been used for some time. They replaced it for me but I wasn't happy that it had obviously be used then returned, particularly as I was paying full price for a "brand new" item. If it was heavily discounted, I still wouldn't have been pleased but it would be better than nothing.

Surely as QVC have their outlet stores, all these items should go to there. It must be a warehouse issue. If anyone knows how to complain direct to the Warehouse, maybe try that.

Also with the issue of getting different stories from CS depending who you get through to, I was looking at the QVC website as job vacancies. They do employ home workers for CS. Thought that was quite... interesting.

I am losing my patience with QVC and this issue of sending out used and even soiled goods. I will monitor the situation more carefully in future and I will make the time, however busy I might be, to make an official complaint to trading standards. With earrings I have an even greater issue since I have already said - even IF they are sent back to the suppliers who knows if they are not shipped right back to QVC???????? I won't be buying their earrings again.

I have had used beauty products sent out before, when I phoned up to complain CS said they were very sorry I must have got the one that had been used during the show!!!!!!!!! Seems strange as mine should have come from Liverpool and the studio is in London!:mad::rolleyes:

I doubt it was what was used in the studio, they actually have a staff shop at the London studios were i suppose it is the on air samples that get sold off to the staff.
Also I have seen Alison Young give the models part used products on air .

postage back

After ringing CS they did eventually give me back the postage but you really do have to check your statements to make sure as over and over again I notice they don't unless you remind them it was sent back for a fault, just an oversite on their part...hahahaha.
I can say I don't think there is a problem I have not had, mind you perhaps I should not order so much !! I too am getting a bit fed up with the sales patter, also when they have some dodgy looking expert that really puts me off.

I ordered two butler and wilson watches, one was new and the other had a broken box and the cellophane on the reverse of the dial was missing it looked like it had been worn to me. One went back.

A couple of years ago,I recieved a pack of scrapbooking papers where one pp had a large piece cut out of the middle. I phoned up CS and they said it was impossible. She even implied I was saying it becaus I didn't like it-as I said to her,as we have 30day mbg anyway,why would I lie? She was adament that returns go back to a different place,as I said to her,however it happened,it DID happen that I recieved something that someone else had had before.It took ages and several reminders to get a prepaid label but I did eventually,and after a couple of reminders got the original delievery charge too!
My husband bought some software about a year ago that he felt had been sent out before and they were stroppy about that,too. I did say I wouldn't buy from them after my mega-battle over the Iqon computer last year,but gave in last week and bought the big bite and the memory dock page planner. Both arrived double-quick and in perfect condition-but I am determined not to get too regular with them again (can't afford to anyway :( )

To tell the truth, I don't have a problem with returned items being sent out again IF they are in a saleable condition. If you go to any high street shop and return an item, it'll go out on sale again (as long as you haven't returned it because it's faulty). And any clothes, shoes etc you buy in a high street store could easily have been tried on by several people before you.

What I do have a problem with is QVC sending out obviously used items, even faulty ones. Also their insistence that this doesn't happen. They should be more efficient with their systems and more honest!

To tell the truth, I don't have a problem with returned items being sent out again IF they are in a saleable condition. If you go to any high street shop and return an item, it'll go out on sale again (as long as you haven't returned it because it's faulty). And any clothes, shoes etc you buy in a high street store could easily have been tried on by several people before you.

What I do have a problem with is QVC sending out obviously used items, even faulty ones. Also their insistence that this doesn't happen. They should be more efficient with their systems and more honest!

It really depends on the item. For example, if it is items like an epilator, foot file or earrings etc. they should never be sold again. Someone could easily use items like those given in my example, clean them up and return them - I for one wouldn't want to use them and their systems at QVC should never allow such a thing to happen. I am still concerned about what suppliers do with the returns that actually get back to them. I hope that they are not re-packaged and sent out to us again!

I do remember information some time back about the company selling having to accept the returns over a certain percentage of returns.

More than one guest cited the fact to prove the company's faith in the product and said it satisfied both parties as QVC would have security and firms ensure their own quality control was spot on.

Now that scenario would mean that companies would have to adhere to stringent restrictions regarding returns and yet they would not have QVC quality control on their backs. QVC claim they open a certain percentage of all goods supplied once arrived on their premises to maintain their own control.

Wonder if there is a shop at QVC LIverpool as well as the one in QVC Towers. Apparently 2 of every item are sent to London for every airing and come directly from stock, not the suppliers. On rare occasions there has been a flaw unnoticed till the airring.

Somewhere along the line someone's cheating and I do wonder, especially having seen the state of crafts in Warrington, if some don't cheat by nicking the mirri card or rubber stamp for instance and return something as unsuitable. Do you see someone in returns really checking that every item is still there, or that each one of the 5 or 6 toiletries is really there. I think that a certain amount of trust in the customer's reason for return must prevail.

Guess we'll have to ensure that real problems reach the correct source so that problems in quality can be addressed.

It really depends on the item. For example, if it is items like an epilator, foot file or earrings etc. they should never be sold again. Someone could easily use items like those given in my example, clean them up and return them - I for one wouldn't want to use them and their systems at QVC should never allow such a thing to happen. I am still concerned about what suppliers do with the returns that actually get back to them. I hope that they are not re-packaged and sent out to us again!

That's exactly what I meant, Mia - I said it had to be in a saleable condition - items such as those you describe obviously are not in a saleable condition. I wouldn't mind a skirt that had been tried on, or a pair of shoes, but not a razor or an electric toothbrush!

I've had a quite a number of things over the years from qvc, and I can't say I've ever had anything that looked used.
I've even sent a couple of faulty things back and had my p&p refunded with no problems! I must be a very lucky customer!

I do agree though that some things like cameras or clothing I think should be ok to sell again - but I wouldn't want someone's used epilator!!!

They most certainly DO send returns out again.
I've posted this before, but many moons ago I once received "The One Touch Waxer" with someone elses hair removed all over it.
I was nearly sick!!!
I did not pay postage, they were very sorry!!!!

I ALWAYS disinfect earrings, wherever I get them from, even if they are New Today etc.

How do you know if someone in the warehouse has tried them on? :eek::eek::eek:

They most certainly DO send returns out again.
I've posted this before, but many moons ago I once received "The One Touch Waxer" with someone elses hair removed all over it.
I was nearly sick!!!
I did not pay postage, they were very sorry!!!!

This one win's the prize! How absolutely disgusting and I think this one must show there are MAJOR MAJOR cracks in their system.
Poor you, Emma -I hope the recovery process is complete!

Latest posts

Back