Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OK a question?

So what is it about earrings being tried in the ears which is so gross?
Do you expect most people to have crusty running holes in their ears?

I actually remember in the 80's when suddenly stores stopped people trying on earrings in the shop. Believe it or not it was when AIDS first became a big concern, any contact with other's blood was a no no. Never heard of anyone getting AIDS or anyother dangerous illness from pre tried on earrings. QVC is the only place which actually lets you try on earrings and return them.

Have had quite a few ~returned items~ sent out as new! :( I think CS have excuses to hand by their phones..The vax machine arrived with water still in it and just thrown in the box..excuse "the factory was testing that one " ..a rubber stamp arrived which had gold ink all over it...excuse " the factory must have been testing that one " :rolleyes: the angel statue arrived with someones black hair stuck into the sellotape on the broken polystyrene.. excuse "it must have slipped through by mistake"..everytime the load of cobblers "we do not send out returns" :cool: :p

always take extra care if an item take a long time getting to you, if they were low on stock is can be they were waiting for a return..have noticed this one a few times! :mad:

Thank goodness I don't wear ear rings :eek:

daydreamer

OK a question?

So what is it about earrings being tried in the ears which is so gross?
Do you expect most people to have crusty running holes in their ears?

I actually remember in the 80's when suddenly stores stopped people trying on earrings in the shop. Believe it or not it was when AIDS first became a big concern, any contact with other's blood was a no no. Never heard of anyone getting AIDS or anyother dangerous illness from pre tried on earrings. QVC is the only place which actually lets you try on earrings and return them.

It's the not knowing...they may well have been in septic ears. If I knew all returned earrings
were steam cleaned, for example, it wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
I agree about the not knowing. Why take unnecessary risks? It's possible someone's ears were fine but just as possible that they were not. Also there is another issue, we should not be lied to or misled.

I ALWAYS disinfect earrings, wherever I get them from, even if they are New Today etc.

How do you know if someone in the warehouse has tried them on? :eek::eek::eek:

You should probably do that anyway. I clean mine wherever they are from - there could be all kinds of cleaners and irritants on them!

Earrings for pierced ears should never be sold on IMO. If they wanted they could make them exempt from the money back quarantee - other places do.

Does QVC sell belly button studs or nose studs - I don't know, but I am sure no one would want a second hand set of those!

Isn't there a hepatitis issue with used earrings?

Yes, I think there is and hepatitis is very infectious. I believe that the virus can survive up to 2 weeks outside the body and in dry body fluids. That is why we should expect anyone selling these items to be responsible and adhere strictly to health and safety regulations. It's not all about maximum profits.

I do vol work in a charity shop and in the health and safety manual it states that any donated earrings for pierced ears should be kept for approx 3 weeks before going on sale, that way any germs or diseases will have died off naturally.

however I would never return earrings even if I do not like them, or have not tried them I just leave them to one side and my neice usually just takes them(she asks me first).

Earrings are not sent out again to customers, they are sterlised in an autoclave which is what the hospitals use to sterilise their equipment then they are distributed amongst the retail outlets

Earrings are not sent out again to customers, they are sterlised in an autoclave which is what the hospitals use to sterilise their equipment then they are distributed amongst the retail outlets

Why do QVC then tell us that they are sent back to the suppliers?

once items are returned QVC have agreements with suppliers, some suppliers do want the stock back again it is sterilised in the autoclave, however some suppliers allow qvc to keep the stock as long as they put it either in the retail outlets. in the staff store there are breast cancer promotions and they are often sold in these promotions and all money raised goes to the charity!

Sorry to bump this old thread up, didn't want to start a new one off for what is essentially not a new topic...

Well, I ordered myself an Easiyo yoghurt maker from Lakeland last year and got on really well with it, so my mother decided to buy the Silver one from QVC on Tuesday this week as she's been borrowing mine. It arrived super quick this morning...

She opened it up, and guess what? It's already been used...:58: The maker itself was in the wrong box, wasn't sealed up properly and when it was opened up was filthy inside - full of scratches and stains (like it had been washed up in dirty pot water - has got like what can only be described as food residue on it and grease). It's definitely not brand new...so she's ringing CS up to complain about it. I can't believe the condition that this product has arrived in to be perfectly honest - really does defy belief:58: and am really disappointed in QVC

Before Christmas I got a kipling bag as a present for someone. I checked it and it was obvious someone had already used it. There were pen marks on the inside and it was grubby on the shoulder strap. I complained quite strongly and they gave me a £15 credit to spend. Bag was only about £25.
So make sure she fights for some compensation. I did mention Liverpool trading standards in my email mind you!

You don't pay postage to send it back, If you call them they will send out a free returns label. BUT you should make sure you get your p&p back in with your refund.

Well they don`t tell you do they, I`m fairly new to TV shopping and i`ve returned faulty goods but I`ve paid all the postage...you learn something everyday!!!!!

They most certainly DO send returns out again.
I've posted this before, but many moons ago I once received "The One Touch Waxer" with someone elses hair removed all over it.
I was nearly sick!!!
I did not pay postage, they were very sorry!!!!

OMG how disgusting ..they should have compensated you for that ordeal

Returns? i cant even seem to get my stuff delivered properly or on time been to post office sorting depot and they still cant find my parcel, i am sick and tired of this. Phoned customer services but they are not interested so going to stop using qvc p and p is a huge cost and things cant even get delivered properly, the other day a big parcel was left on my doorstep in full view of passers by to. going to buy products direct from other sellers in future ie liz earle and amazon are excellent delivery and costs. Wish i could get my parcel so i could return it:38:

Returns? i cant even seem to get my stuff delivered properly or on time been to post office sorting depot and they still cant find my parcel, i am sick and tired of this. Phoned customer services but they are not interested so going to stop using qvc p and p is a huge cost and things cant even get delivered properly, the other day a big parcel was left on my doorstep in full view of passers by to. going to buy products direct from other sellers in future ie liz earle and amazon are excellent delivery and costs. Wish i could get my parcel so i could return it:38:

The courier kept leaving stuff in my dustbin - despite me telling QVC that I had never asked for this and did not want this done - they even removed some rubbish and left it beside the bin so there was room for a parcel! I then did my nut when something was stolen and now all my parcels and letters from them show my name followed by 'do not leave anything in bins' then my address!!!!!!!

The courier kept leaving stuff in my dustbin - despite me telling QVC that I had never asked for this and did not want this done - they even removed some rubbish and left it beside the bin so there was room for a parcel! I then did my nut when something was stolen and now all my parcels and letters from them show my name followed by 'do not leave anything in bins' then my address!!!!!!!

This has happened to me before with a large parcel. I was waiting for it to arrive and don't know what made me check in the wheelie bin. I was furious as I would never have known it was there.

Latest posts

Back