Ruth Langsford TSV 27/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My reaction was "what, another one?"
Yet again Q's limited roster of brands mean that each brand is on a far too short rotation before the next TSV. Such a yawn-fest.
Let's face it RL is a Q in-house brand, so they will make plenty on it, even allowing for Ruth's share.

I saw a bit of the show with Jackie K. the other night and apart from JK always giving me the impression she is too lazy to prepare or can ‘wing it’ and get away with it, Ruth is far more convincing.She was wearing a Bomber jacket & going on & on but why is it so obvious that if they wanted to zip up it would never meet.Even if I like to wear a jacket open I like it to look as though it would fasten over my bust.Even the ones the models were wearing looked the same.

One of my bugbears is the way sleeves are 'pushed' up to elbow length. Why ? whether its cardigans or jackets, it doesn't give us an idea how long the sleeves really are, yet most of the models do this. So if you order and find the sleeves fit a gorilla then there's no option but to return. If people want to wear an elbow length sleeve, don't buy long sleeves !!!! as for pleather/leather/whatever fabric, when pushed up they just add bulk around the elbow, so its not comfortable and Miami Vice they aint !!!

I hate that too, the only time I'd push a sleeve up would be if I was cooking or something and didn't want to get muck on my sleeves, but as soon as I'm done, and hands are washed those sleeves would be rollled right back down. I saw the offending bomber jacket worn undone, pretty pointless garment and I think the last time I wore one was in the 70's when they were all the rage. She also wheeled out those hideous shirt style jumpsuits again.... and I can't remember whether this struck me before, but why would anyone want to wear something that looks like a shirt and trousers? Why not just wear a shirt and trousers, which would be a far more versatile option, and when it comes to the pattterned floral red one.. I don't know anyone who would wear a bright coloured, heavily floral top with matching trousers - It's clown wear. Also noticed that she didn't like the fact they'd changed the colour description of the mocha top to tan..thought these were her clothes?

I hate that too, the only time I'd push a sleeve up would be if I was cooking or something and didn't want to get muck on my sleeves, but as soon as I'm done, and hands are washed those sleeves would be rollled right back down. I saw the offending bomber jacket worn undone, pretty pointless garment and I think the last time I wore one was in the 70's when they were all the rage. She also wheeled out those hideous shirt style jumpsuits again.... and I can't remember whether this struck me before, but why would anyone want to wear something that looks like a shirt and trousers? Why not just wear a shirt and trousers, which would be a far more versatile option, and when it comes to the pattterned floral red one.. I don't know anyone who would wear a bright coloured, heavily floral top with matching trousers - It's clown wear. Also noticed that she didn't like the fact they'd changed the colour description of the mocha top to tan..thought these were her clothes?
They changed the colour description from mocha to tan because it's easier to spell tan.

Ruth used to show her black blazer with rolled up sleeves, showing 4 or 5 inches of the shiny, polyester lining. The only impression that gave was that the sleeves were too long. However, someone once said that pushing or rolling the sleeves up on a garment gave the illusion that the wearer was slimmer. Anything that helps, I suppose !

Ruth used to show her black blazer with rolled up sleeves, showing 4 or 5 inches of the shiny, polyester lining. The only impression that gave was that the sleeves were too long. However, someone once said that pushing or rolling the sleeves up on a garment gave the illusion that the wearer was slimmer. Anything that helps, I suppose !
What if 'wearer' has fat arms?

The business of rolling the sleeves back was very much an 80's thing - with padded shoulders - like many others, we lived through it. Its a bit 'dated', like wearing a belt with a jumper.

(saw Mr Holmes on equity release ad this morning - blimey he's in his early 60's yet looked really old)

Latest posts

Back