Shay & Blue TSV 27/07/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'My sister passed away in june and for as long as I can remember she wore only one particular perfume and wouldn`t use any other. She loved the original Miss Dior, not the new fangled ones and she once bought me a bottle which I still have and rarely ever use because it doesn`t smell as good on me, the way that it smelled on her. Losing her so recently is still raw and when I`m thinking about her and missing her then I sniff the bottle she gave me and it reminds me of her'.
It was clear from your posts how much you loved her & I'm thankful that you find comfort in her perfume.

I will never forget Youth Dew, scarred me for life. My mother wore it on our family outings, in our extremely overheated car. I had to open the window and put my head out at frequent intervals.... only to be yelled at to shut it because there was such a draught. I'm feeling it now just writing this!

What did/does it smell like?

Vienna, your post brought a tear to my eye.

In my nursing days, one of the healthcare assistants turned up for work one day wearing Angel perfume.
It was horrendous, really headache inducing. A patient's visitors complained and she was told to stop wearing it for work.

Thank goodness for that!

What did/does it smell like?

The simple answer would be disgusting!

I think it is classified as an Oriental. No idea what the notes are but to me it seems spicy and woody. If there are any florals in it they are also probably heady. I can't bear to think of it!!

Reading the posts about women frequently using vast amounts of a strong perfume without consideration for others has been a wake up call for me because I tend to do that. Note to self, not everyone loves your perfume, Twilight :blush:

Ahhhhh, I've caved in and bought it on advanced orders as I'll have had a pay day. I am, however, sending back two dresses that show up two spare tyres that have appeared around my middle and a neck product which is so ridiculous I think I must have been completely trolleyed when I ordered it.

Just off to add to my spare tyre. Going out for a curry for my birthday. Lamb madras hmmmm :mysmilie_5:

CC

I can’t understand them saying it’s £25 for 10ml when I’ve seen bottles of Shay and Blue 30ml For £30, QVC are clearly deceiving their customers on pricing again, will they never learn how disrespectful that is to them, and that most of us have the internet and the ability to check.

I can’t understand them saying it’s £25 for 10ml when I’ve seen bottles of Shay and Blue 30ml For £30, QVC are clearly deceiving their customers on pricing again, will they never learn how disrespectful that is to them, and that most of us have the internet and the ability to check.
You can get 30ml for £30, but they do sell the 10ml size at £25 each on S&B website.
https://www.shayandblue.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=10ml

I had the Blood Orange in a Tili box I think, I’d valued it at £10 when working out ml for ml, my niece took a fancy to it and we were gobsmacked it was £25 on their website.

You can get 30ml for £30, but they do sell the 10ml size at £25 each on S&B website.

I had the Blood Orange in a Tili box I think, I’d valued it at £10 when working out ml for ml, my niece took a fancy to it and we were gobsmacked it was £25 on their website.

I suppose you have to shop around, Blood Orange is only £28.50 for 30ml when you subscribe with Amazon, £30 if you don’t. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008X6YVIU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I had a sample of the Dandelion Fig, it was horrible, bitter, smelled exactly like dandelion leaves, I couldn’t detect any fig at all.
I liked Jo Malone’s Fig & Cassis, and was disappointed.
I had the first Shay & Blue TSV and hated it, I gave it away. I don’t think this brand is for me.

I used to really like Jo Malone when it was her own company.I don’t know if things have changed since they were bought out by Lauder.I heard the Shay & Blue guest say he worked for the Company Jo Malone but I think he said after the buy out? I don’t think this range comes anywhere near JM, I have tried 3 which were in M&S boxes ( a cheaper way of trying if they are the same as the TSV) & they do not suit me but it is amazing how perfumes can change on different people.

I had a sample of the Dandelion Fig, it was horrible, bitter, smelled exactly like dandelion leaves, I couldn’t detect any fig at all.
I liked Jo Malone’s Fig & Cassis, and was disappointed.
I had the first Shay & Blue TSV and hated it, I gave it away. I don’t think this brand is for me.

Ummmm, I think that's a fair conclusion, Pick-a-Lily, hon! :mysmilie_17:

Yes, even M&S have this weird confusion with prices. A Shay & Blue 30ml for £30 and a 10ml for £30

https://www.marksandspencer.com/white-peaches-natural-spray-fragrance-30ml/p/p60217996?prevPage=plp
https://www.marksandspencer.com/eng...spray-fragrance-30ml/p/p22449080?prevPage=plp

They are different fragrances in those two examples but the 100ml size in them both (and all the other options) is £55 so it can't be to do with more expensive ingredients.

Anyway, as everyone has been talking about perfumes they hate, it must be time for me to mention my all time most hated perfume again. Never mind making me feel ill or giving me a headache, this one made me so angry I wanted to kill! First time I talked about it on here, I didn't name it as I didn't want to offend anyone who might wear it but I've gone past that now. I still can't say its full name though or the devil will appear. It's Amar### (strangely, "amar" means to love in Spanish - that can't be right!!).

Amarige, Im so very sorry AndiK. I loved it at the time, and used to douse myself in it! Hate it now. Reminds me of an ex who adored it on me.
Like Twilight, I have now realised one needs to consider others when choosing Fragrance.

My mum used to have a wide selection of fragrances, but her favourite was one where I couldn't stand to be in the same room: Ma Griffe by Carven. I was a child, and I don't recall exactly how it smelled, nor do I know if it would have the same effect today. She had Chanel No. 5 which I appropriated, Femme by Rochas, which I loved on both her and me in its original form, and I still keep the bottle.

I find a lot of fragrances touted by Q are underwhelming. I had a try of the Shay & Blue ones and none appeals. Same with Philosophy Graces and other scents. I don't feel that way about all L'Occitane scents. Or Liz Earle ones. On the high street I am underwhelmed by Jo Malone fragrances.

Perfume is a very personal thing and yes one sniff and you can be transported back to being a 5-year-old rummaging in your Mum's handbag.

That happened to me with a sample of Amouage Ubar, now I believe they have reformulated it now as in a totally different bottle? I received a sample from Les Senteurs back in the early 00s and one sniff and all I could think was my Mum's handbag. Yes, I know very weird but it was exactly that. Yes, I did buy it.

For years I hated Chanel No5, and I am talking I bought the parfum! I always said it had a weird plastic bag like smell on me. I blamed the jasmine, white florals and I are not friends. They go very cloying on my skin I include tuberose in there too. Neroli turns into an atom bomb on me and I could take down low flying aircraft for others is it is a lovely fresh orange smell, vetiver is bog body. Anyway, I avoided No5 for years and then last year on eBay I was after a bottle of Annick Goutal and found a seller in Dublin selling great price sprayed once. I refused to pay £85 rrp for the 50mls in House Of Fraser. Now, this seller was having a clear-out and giving an extra freebie in with her list of sales. I got No5 EDT in with my bottle of Goutal. So first thought to give it away, actually, it looked a good 40mls in a 50mls bottle! Decided to spray it and it was gorgeous on me. Soft powdery no plastic bag. Seems No5 in every formula parfum, EDP and EDT are slightly different not the exact same perfume but weaker as you go. Also, Chanel quietly tweaks every few years anyway.

I have worn Chanel Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum since it was introduced, can't remember what year that was.

It's the only fragrance I can wear, and still get complimented on it. I find it subtle but noticeable....in a good way.

I have worn Chanel Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum since it was introduced, can't remember what year that was.

It's the only fragrance I can wear, and still get complimented on it. I find it subtle but noticeable....in a good way.

It was introduced in 2001 apparently.

I love Chanel & treated myself to the hair mist when I had some vouchers. I know it’s a bit decadent, but it makes me feel good.

I notice that my order, placed at 9.00 on Friday is still in process. I have already received a despatch email for my MB set which I ordered on Saturday. I hope all is OK!!!!

Latest posts

Back