Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One was freaking out. TSV gone to advanced order so she jumped in and ordered. But then when she looked online said In Stock! She was freaking out at the idea she was going to have to pay for it now. Then phoned up to find order had not gone through so she was able to order on advanced. What fun it will be when it arrives earlier than she expected as happens so many times and she finds she is broke or overdrawn on her card.

I can`t understand people getting so wound up about missing out on a beauty tsv because it may or may not be on EP, or advanced orders or auto delivery. Crikey the beauty tsv`s on Q are like buses, miss one and there`s usually another one coming along 5 minutes later. If people just saved the cost of a tsv then they could pick and choose which tsv they wanted to buy or is it that some people are greedy and want them all in a particular brand or perhaps they`re paranoid there may not be another or because each tsv is always presented as being something special when 5 minutes later another tsv is even more special according to the presenters or what ? This tsv fever baffles me it really does.

I haven't noticed any replies from QVC's Joex or Rachelx for a while.I don't go on the Book of Faces that much but wonder if they have got fed up will all of the stupid questions.

I can`t understand people getting so wound up about missing out on a beauty tsv because it may or may not be on EP, or advanced orders or auto delivery. Crikey the beauty tsv`s on Q are like buses, miss one and there`s usually another one coming along 5 minutes later. If people just saved the cost of a tsv then they could pick and choose which tsv they wanted to buy or is it that some people are greedy and want them all in a particular brand or perhaps they`re paranoid there may not be another or because each tsv is always presented as being something special when 5 minutes later another tsv is even more special according to the presenters or what ? This tsv fever baffles me it really does.

I've noticed that even within the same show there is sometimes another 'kit' of slightly different content, that is better value than the TSV.

I wonder whether there are whole droves of people!e who forgot they are grown adults... Or there are a group of provocative imps posting inane questions to wind the QVC CS team up!

There is a brilliant alternative to EPs and it's called "saving up", or the other alternative name "budgeting". That way you can shop to your heart's content, secure in the knowledge you can afford it... No nightmares of advance orders shipping early. We have many of us painfully learned the lesson with QVC shopping: if you can't afford it right now, don't buy it!

They should come over here for some tough but supportive love on the shopping front.

The world won't fall in if they don't get the TSV.

i have bought my christmas pressies in the summer sale weeks ago. i am not relying on qvc overpriced stuff

Hey Boffy so did I. SpaceNK online sale in the summer stuff goes to 70% off and I jump in. Also Molton Brown do the sets of mini bath/shower gels and I buy those and put away. They are great for birthdays are no Xmas style packaging. No one buys me expensive gifts so I stick to a budget for each person and they are delighted with what I give.

I miss Philosophy their Xmas sets when they went on sale totally brilliant value, we had a counter so I got some fab sets.

The only person I buy at full price is my aunt, she gets a Crabtree & Evelyn food hamper she is 80+ so loves teas and biscuits.

I actually blame social media and the cult of X celebs shows on TV. People watch and whoever has this or they read she wears or uses this brand of cosmetics and alike sheep they rush to buy. That is why so many of the brands us people like Cheryl etc do the adds and the sales go up. They get upset if they cannot be the same and buy it. I recently read an article how the cult of celebrity perfume the market has fallen out, people are more savvy and what class and quality. Also the magazines like Hello etc the celebs are just not selling the mags when they are feature. I say Woo Hoo.

Does make one wonder about the mentality of these posters.Is this person serious or just taking the pi**?Must have nothing better to do.Ha ha ha!!!!!

Exactly, stay at home and bored by the sounds of it!
Some are just plain off their rockers! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

i am wondering if these are qvc plants on Facebook. they sound juvenile

They could be from the rent-a-mob that constantly Post on Fakebook! I still never check any posts on it, as much prefer reading things on here! :mysmilie_48:

someone posted about the lola rose sale. my daughters are getting lola rose bracelets that qvc sell for £35 plus post i bought them for under £10 no post. christmas is one day in the year and there are 364 other days.

One was freaking out. TSV gone to advanced order so she jumped in and ordered. But then when she looked online said In Stock! She was freaking out at the idea she was going to have to pay for it now. Then phoned up to find order had not gone through so she was able to order on advanced. What fun it will be when it arrives earlier than she expected as happens so many times and she finds she is broke or overdrawn on her card.

What a throughly unpleasant person you are Donna.

I was told about your post on QVSell.

I was not freaking out, this is EXACTLY what I posted.

"I've just bought the Elemis TSV, it said it was advanced order & then as I pressed confirm I noticed it said in stock.
Please advise when mine will be dispatched & when I'll be charged?"

I'm not too familiar with advanced ordering - lucky I did query it, as it wasn't correct as I suspected & the order hadn't taken.
Thanks very much for your concern about my finances, but I'll be just fine.

What a throughly unpleasant person you are Donna.

I was told about your post on QVSell.

I was not freaking out, this is EXACTLY what I posted.

"I've just bought the Elemis TSV, it said it was advanced order & then as I pressed confirm I noticed it said in stock.
Please advise when mine will be dispatched & when I'll be charged?"

I'm not too familiar with advanced ordering - lucky I did query it, as it wasn't correct as I suspected & the order hadn't taken.
Thanks very much for your concern about my finances, but I'll be just fine.

I don't do Facebook, never have never will, but I can read the comments and it's there you was made aware of the comment by an Ally Franklyn, who, ironically enough with her big wooden spoon, claims we are all deluded and "live in our own little bubble" says the woman who's not deluded at all and pays way over the odds for goods on a prehistoric shopping channel who are stuck behind the times, and then there's your comment calling us "nasty, vicious women" now, the problem I have with that is, not the irony of the double standards and hypocrisy with the name calling, because we're all entitled to our opinion, no my problem is more well why would you want to be around said "nasty, vicious women" in the first place? That last comment is aimed at both of you.

Please note........I will not be drawn in to an argument as this is a forum for adults, by adults not children arguing in the play ground.

I don't do Facebook, never have never will, but I can read the comments and it's there you was made aware of the comment by an Ally Franklyn, who, ironically enough with her big wooden spoon, claims we are all deluded and "live in our own little bubble" says the woman who's not deluded at all and pays way over the odds for goods on a prehistoric shopping channel who are stuck behind the times, and then there's your comment calling us "nasty, vicious women" now, the problem I have with that is, not the irony of the double standards and hypocrisy with the name calling, because we're all entitled to our opinion, no my problem is more well why would you want to be around said "nasty, vicious women" in the first place? That last comment is aimed at both of you.

Please note........I will not be drawn in to an argument as this is a forum for adults, by adults not children arguing in the play ground.

I have no idea who Ally Franklyn is.
The reason I jumped on advanced orders was because my request on QVSell for an eye cream was way down the line.
I would have used the other bits, but it was only the eye cream I had yet to try.
By getting in on an advanced order I had a back up plan if the line never got to me.
That's why I didn't really want it for immediate dispatch.
The line in the queue has reached me, I've paid for my eye cream on QVSell & cancelled my advanced order.

I was really shocked to be spoken about as if I was some kind of idiot.
Why on earth would Donna think it would be funny for someone to end up with not enough money until payday???
Why on earth would Donna think it was ok to poke fun at me a complete stranger to her on social media?
That's why I used the term nasty & vicious.

I'm actually just fine, my post was about having a back up plan but Donna took it a different way & thought she'd ridicule me.

Last edited:
MrsE. This thread if you care to read from the very beginning is members on here pointing how QVC bamboozle buy this buy that. Then it all goes to pot. We have had endless posts on Facebook of how people put on advanced order and then bang the order is shipped they go on Facebook and endless complaints how they are overdrawn. But the presenter said it would be shipped until X and the money is taken and its shipped a week or more before. I pointed out you will be in for a nasty surprise when the Elemis arrives early/or if you actually get it, that happens many times as well.

If you also read from the beginning of this thread we roll our eyes and yes make fun(not in a malicious way), of those using QVC Facebook.

I have never used anyone's name when commenting on people on the Facebook page, now that would be nasty.

I suggest the people who cared to point my comments out to you, must know you and was stirring the pot at your expense. Because no one on here knew it was you.

I will no longer be commenting about this matter with you.

MrsE. This thread if you care to read from the very beginning is members on here pointing how QVC bamboozle buy this buy that. Then it all goes to pot. We have had endless posts on Facebook of how people put on advanced order and then bang the order is shipped they go on Facebook and endless complaints how they are overdrawn. But the presenter said it would be shipped until X and the money is taken and its shipped a week or more before. I pointed out you will be in for a nasty surprise when the Elemis arrives early/or if you actually get it, that happens many times as well.

If you also read from the beginning of this thread we roll our eyes and yes make fun(not in a malicious way), of those using QVC Facebook.

I have never used anyone's name when commenting on people on the Facebook page, now that would be nasty.

I suggest the people who cared to point my comments out to you, must know you and was stirring the pot at your expense. Because no one on here knew it was you.

I will no longer be commenting about this matter with you.

I mentioned a name but it wasn't meant in a nasty way, just pointing out that for someone who says we talk a load of "codswallop" the irony is laughable. Plus the fact, they obviously wanted trouble or why alert someone to here whilst name calling at the same time, anyway you're right this thread isn't meant in any way shape or form to be malicious, just a light hearted, tongue in cheek take on all things QVC.

I was pleased to see a comment on the FB page yesterday about an Elemis set. It was one with a PCMC and a cleansing balm at quite a good price but the Jakki announced the value as £100. I think the PCMC she had put at around £50 and it looked like a small balm. So that can't be right can it? I was going to post about it in the TSV thread but failed. The iPad isn't opening responses at the moment, as per flipping usual, so won't know if the lady got a response., but I was glad it had struck someone else as incorrect.

Latest posts

Back