Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw the video of Flinty(author ,presenter,b&b owner )singing with the 'expert' with the karaoke machine.My God all pub singers beware this Gal means business.I haven't got perfect pitch but there were some (many)bum notes being presented there.Then whilst switching around channels later there was Micheal giving his performance.Holy ****.Of course all of the FB fans think they are wonderful,amazing etc(a few ,more enlightened people don't). Wonder who will assail our ears next?They should sell ear plugs(on easy pay of course)

See the post I put up today about this Roxi electric jukebox, asking if this was another QVC con.

For some reason some women are putting up photos of their holidays??? I mean really who the hell wants to see stranger's holiday snaps? Three of them sitting at a fountain is one. Weird.

For some reason some women are putting up photos of their holidays??? I mean really who the hell wants to see stranger's holiday snaps? Three of them sitting at a fountain is one. Weird.

I did wonder if I was missing the reason behind the photos when I saw them. People are odd.

Just had a look and near choked on me cuppa tea! :mysmilie_15: someone is asking will the No! No! work on her husbands back, she's obviously taking the piss but if she isn't............love, you have my sympathy :mysmilie_15:

I did wonder if I was missing the reason behind the photos when I saw them. People are odd.

I'm at a loss when the posts are totally random such as "do I put it on first" . Your hat or your knickers or face cream?

And as for the ones where both the grammar and the typing make the post nonsensical Grr

AND how many ****** times are they going to post about the brow stuff being recalled as if they are breaking news ( - hold the front page ) read the other 20 posts you idiots.

Just had a look and near choked on me cuppa tea! :mysmilie_15: someone is asking will the No! No! work on her husbands back, she's obviously taking the piss but if she isn't............love, you have my sympathy :mysmilie_15:

If that post is for real then her hubby doesn`t need a No No, he needs a lawn mower !

The QVC FB visitor posts are great for a reminder about how strange some people really are. Good for a giggle too. People can have their passions & foibles, we're all human but what really took me aback was this posting from someone called Gail Hay suggesting that someone should lose their job because SHE didn't get a box. Disgraceful, IMHO.

CROP_20171105_120138.jpg

The QVC FB visitor posts are great for a reminder about how strange some people really are. Good for a giggle too. People can have their passions & foibles, we're all human but what really took me aback was this posting from someone called Gail Hay suggesting that someone should lose their job because SHE didn't get a box. Disgraceful, IMHO.

View attachment 14828

Checking every five minutes, how obsessive.

Checking every five minutes, how obsessive.

Must confess. (Cue Gregorian chant): 3 years ago I got up at midnight on Black Friday. John Lewis sold an expensive range of copper bottom pans and I needed some stock pot size ones for Christmas cooking. They reduced them by 30% in the week before but I held my nerve. Got them for 50% at 5 mins past midnight. So I am equally as guilty in that respect BUT it was a one-off and they will see me to my grave they are such good quality! Confession over! :mysmilie_50:

View attachment 14828

This simply shows a total loss of perspective. If you have a parking permit it only entitles you to park if there is a space available. Same applies here. I notice that unsuccessful applicants for limited beauty boxes frequently are obnoxious, aggressive, entitled and more like spoiled brats than adults. It's not just TILI but other beauty boxes as well. Why people think this is acceptable behaviour in any medium is beyond me. It is a beauty box, not lifesaving medication, for heaven's sake. Get. A. Grip.

View attachment 14828

That's absolutely ridiculous and can apply to anyone selling anything. You often hear them say on QVC "be quick to get yours" "check out your shopping basket I'd hate for you to miss out" which again is ridiculous, if they've only got 100 and 101 people try to buy it, someone will always have to miss out. We all know it's a selling ploy and they play on the fact that a lot of people will buy even if they don't want it, just so that someone else can't, they're great at stirring up a frenzy are QVC. Back to the woman who deems not having enough stock to be a sacking offence, I wonder does she take the same approach if Sainsbury's/Asda/Tesco (or anywhere else) sell out?

That's absolutely ridiculous and can apply to anyone selling anything. You often hear them say on QVC "be quick to get yours" "check out your shopping basket I'd hate for you to miss out" which again is ridiculous, if they've only got 100 and 101 people try to buy it, someone will always have to miss out. We all know it's a selling ploy and they play on the fact that a lot of people will buy even if they don't want it, just so that someone else can't, they're great at stirring up a frenzy are QVC. Back to the woman who deems not having enough stock to be a sacking offence, I wonder does she take the same approach if Sainsbury's/Asda/Tesco (or anywhere else) sell out?

And, wow, to be so angry about toiletries....

I think it`s pathetic. I regularly see the feeding frenzy for jars of cream, palettes of makeup, cardboard pretend calendars filled with samples or multi buy bottles of soapy stuff and it`s as if the World will end if they miss out on them. Get real. The World is awash with cosmetics, skincare and brands itching to part you from your money. None of them are miracle workers and you can rest assured there`s always another tsv not far behind and each one is supposedly better than the last. Have we become so shallow that cupboards heave under the weight of jars and bottles, not to mention the massive cost because some people are silly enough to think they have to stockpile "just in case". Just in case what ? Just in case the brands stop making the stuff ? Just in case Q stop selling it ? Just in case the World ends tomorrow ? Just in case someone else has it ? Just in case it may work the miracle of turning back the clock 10 years ?
How many half used products sit on shelves, how many outdated ones get binned and how many people simply get fedup of using something so move onto something else on a whim and QVC tell us they like to save us money by bringing us such great value tsv`s. Yeah right !

I used to be sucked into the hype of making a snap decision on something in case it sold out.Now I don't bother & if it's gone --so what? Judging by the number of times items reappear on QVC most will be around for a long time.

Latest posts

Back