Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to be sucked into the hype of making a snap decision on something in case it sold out.Now I don't bother & if it's gone --so what? Judging by the number of times items reappear on QVC most will be around for a long time.

Snap, so did I. If something caught my eye I'd watch the presentation to see it properly & get sucked in by the spiel. Now, I research well first, take a deep breath and if I miss out then I play with the dog, have a cup of tea and realise that the best things in life haven't changed because I missed out. And, 9 times out of 10, I can get it another day, in a sale or with a discount code - if I still can't live without it.

Must confess. (Cue Gregorian chant): 3 years ago I got up at midnight on Black Friday. John Lewis sold an expensive range of copper bottom pans and I needed some stock pot size ones for Christmas cooking. They reduced them by 30% in the week before but I held my nerve. Got them for 50% at 5 mins past midnight. So I am equally as guilty in that respect BUT it was a one-off and they will see me to my grave they are such good quality! Confession over! :mysmilie_50:

But if you'd missed out, would you have been marching in to demand heads rolling?

QVC TSVs used to suck me in. Sometimes they still do, but I'm getting better. Sometimes it's still safer just not to watch.

Thanks to the information, support and advice on this forum. We have a special form of retail therapy going on here!!

Luckily all the presenters annoy me so much I can't bear to watch so temptation is reduced to zero. I still browse the website but there is stacks of time to think about it as items rarely sell out that quickly despite what the presenters shout.

Luckily all the presenters annoy me so much I can't bear to watch so temptation is reduced to zero. I still browse the website but there is stacks of time to think about it as items rarely sell out that quickly despite what the presenters shout.

i just keep on looking at the amount of tat ....i mean goodies that i still have to use up. that stops me tapping the app or rushing to the phone :mysmilie_7:

Very funny post from who ever it is on here asking where the heck Birkinstocks are as thers are being held together with an elastic band. I loved the bit about being incapable of shopping elsewhere.

Very funny post from who ever it is on here asking where the heck Birkinstocks are as thers are being held together with an elastic band. I loved the bit about being incapable of shopping elsewhere.

oh that old chestnut the birkenstock chestnut!

If they`re capable of posting on Q`s facebook page then they`re capable of doing a web search for Birkies !

Now come on people. We must have a where are Birkenstocks on Facebook or the world will end this year. The is there a Beauty Bash does help a bit, but we really need the Birkenstocks question to be totally safe.:mysmilie_15:

I agree especially as they called the QVC guy Liamx. I suppose they could just mean Liam followed by their own kiss but either way I think it's someone on here.

I have a feeling that it is someone on here too. If it is, keep posting. One finds it most amusing, as the Queen might say.

There are many tired and overused questions to annoy the world with including the perennial favourites

Where are Debbie Greenwood and Julian Ballantyne? :devil::devil:
Will there be a Beauty Bash?
And one to roll around to next year - will there be a BCC Fundraising evening?

The Dyson Hairdryer woman is very angry, not surprised at all. Courier saying they cannot deliver put photo up of front door, not the customer's front door(never knew courier's took photos of your front door?). They took time off work as it had to be signed for, QVC awarding winning CS contacted three times over this, now they telling her to email them. I can smell the sh*t hitting the fan when it takes over 72 to reply to her.

The popcorn maker woman, who got a voice mail about the delay in her order. She played in front of husband who the popcorn maker was a surprise gift(not now its seems), she wants to know why didn't they just email?

The alternative courier to Hermes (begins with D) took a photo of my front door when they brought my previously lost YC delivery. But I think that is something they do as a matter of course.

The popcorn maker woman, who got a voice mail about the delay in her order. She played in front of husband who the popcorn maker was a surprise gift(not now its seems), she wants to know why didn't they just email?

That one was just nuts. The woman has an answering machine & Q dared to use it? Bet her ansaphone greeting suggests they leave a message! Cue compensation culture claim :mysmilie_14:

The alternative courier to Hermes (begins with D) took a photo of my front door when they brought my previously lost YC delivery. But I think that is something they do as a matter of course.

Yes they do. We had to ring up a delivery company and we were told they would have a look as drivers take a picture of the front door. The guy couldn't stop laughing as they had a picture of a steering wheel. We got our delivery the next day.

Latest posts

Back