Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought quite a bit of jewellery when QVC was in its early days, they'd put the weight of the gold so you knew you were getting substantial pieces. Gems were good quality as well. Now it's no better than the stuff they sell in Argos.

I have two rings from QVC bought years back. One was in clearance when they used Teletext thing no photos just descriptions and you had to phone up to order. It is 14ct gold Diamonique in white and yellow gold, the band is solid! I was shocked as it is quite weighty. The other was an Apatite 9ct gold bought years after the first but over 8 years ago, again the band is solid and I was really surprised as I was not expecting it. The first ring if I remember was just over £20 and the second not in clearance was around £40, so cheaped compared to prices now for silver.

It seems ironic that when QVC had a reputation as a bit of a joke, selling "tat" as some might say, their jewellery was substantial with good quantities of precious metals. Now they are positioning themselves as upmarket they are charging premium prices for what would have been dismissed as "tat" in the past!

qvc sold really nice eek and gold but some jewellers were saying its rubbish. not that I believed them

The jewellery trade for years was able to get away with massive mark ups, over 100%. When QVC first arrived the mark ups were lower as they could sell in volume and this ruffled feathers in the trade. The fine jewellery sold in the early days on QVC was not rubbish.

I can only go by my own experiences, my mum bought me a yellow gold cross and chain with cognac diamonds in the cross, on arrival I noticed that one of the stones was badly chipped, the replacement was worse, she also bought me an blue Tooaz trilogy ring in yellow gold, after just normal wear the gold buckled. So in my experience in the early days, QVC jewellery was rubbish.

I remember when Q sold a PLATINUM necklace, I bought one for my partner.

Platinum 950 40.6cm (16") Rectangle Drop Necklace

Item Number 655282

Contemporary chic can be yours with this dazzling pendant in fine hallmarked platinum 950. The rectangular, open-cut pendant is suspended from a flat oval belcher chain that measures about 40.6cm (16") long, and secures with a bolt ring fastening.

There is a lady today who has posted Q job assessment letters saying she was wonderful for the job and then told her someone else was even more wonderful

I imagine this will be pulled very soon.

Funnily enough I had a survey from Q today asking for my thoughts on them selling personalised gifts such as jewellery, embossed leather goods like phone cases and items such as embroidered pillow cases , beach bags and other stuff.
One question they asked was would I buy this kind of stuff even though it would be exempt from their 30 day mbg. In a nutshell I told them not to bother as they`d probably be dearer than anywhere else, their quality would probably be poor and their p and p would be probably too high.
Anybody looking for personalised stuff only has to do a quick web search to find lots of websites selling such things, Etsy, Not on the High Stree, Ebay just to mention a few of them.

Funnily enough I had a survey from Q today asking for my thoughts on them selling personalised gifts such as jewellery, embossed leather goods like phone cases and items such as embroidered pillow cases , beach bags and other stuff.
One question they asked was would I buy this kind of stuff even though it would be exempt from their 30 day mbg. In a nutshell I told them not to bother as they`d probably be dearer than anywhere else, their quality would probably be poor and their p and p would be probably too high.
Anybody looking for personalised stuff only has to do a quick web search to find lots of websites selling such things, Etsy, Not on the High Stree, Ebay just to mention a few of them.

Yes, I had that survey. At the end, it asked about the 30 day MBG and these items. I said don't do it. It will all go badly. :mysmilie_17: They never give the option in their survey's to say I wouldn't buy whatever if you paid me too.

I had to phone cvc just now and they had a recorded message telling customers to read up on how to return items. obviously not to put more than one item in a parcel. well I hope people are thinking I dont want this hassle and expense.

Latest posts

Back