Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sounds like the new breed of shoppers are all cottoning on to QVCs expensive ridiculous postage charges, carry on like this and QVCusa will have to carry QVCuk completely.

Obviously not looking at this forum or they would have realised years ago, eh? (How long has this forum existed?)

I have noticed quite a few giving off over the X at the end of answers from Liam etc. People having problems with orders going missing the wrong item sent used items sent and the xx at the end of replies. One of the bin lids is telling them to no be so PC.

Fork it, if a company's ref is answering inquiries it is supposed to be professional not kiss kiss.

Complaints again about the Yankee Candles having no smell just a burning smell.

One newbie is in a state of shock she has to pay to return stuff that does not fit or she does not like. Oh, and she has another 4 items on the way that may not fit. She has been told she can claim the original P&P back if she claims it. Others saying that is the reason they no longer buy from QVC.

What is a Bin lid? Please explain this. I'm guessing it's not the top of a refuse container in this context?

Yes I think more and more people are falling out of love with QVC. Their facebook page is often littered with complaints and people vowing never to spend another penny with them. Of course you still have the odd diehard who thinks Q is the be all and end all of shopping and will hear no wrong against them but they are few and far between.
Up and coming younger generations wouldn`t touch Q with a bargepole, the whole concept of selly telly is alien to their tech savvy ways and the kind of blogs they follow are nothing like the QVC presenter ones.
Retail is suffering across the board and cheap throwaway fashion, price battles and instant availability plus free or cheap delivery are what many people, especially younger people, look for.
I watched Mary Portas on tv the other night and she covered in store shopping, online shopping and new/old trends but selly telly didn`t even get a mention. It`s old hat and getting older by the day.

26/squids to return the Dyson air wrap thingy! Thst will certainly put off those who want to give it a try out under 30day money back!

I know it is people’s fault for not reading T&C but Q’s are so alien in today’s on line shopping that newbies wouldn’t even think that anything like this exists.

A woman has just said it was £45 to return the Dyson Airwrap!

It has to be returned a special way because of the weight and price of the item!!!!

I know on another Facebook someone was selling their Dyson Hairdryer used twice as they got the Airwrap for Xmas, they wanted £200 for it. They were told not allowed to sell on the group.

Sister Bliss Bin Lids are what we called the die heart rose tinted glasses wearing QVC fans.

I see we now have kisskissgate. One genuine post asking why females get a x but males do not. Quite rightly one poster (one of us?) stating it is ridiculously inappropriately unprofessional but the Q groupies saying they loved them and felt all luvved up by their “friends” at Q.

Have any of these people had a basic education or worked in a workplace where they were expected not to act like a Moran.

I received one in answer to an email complaint and spent the next half dozen emails telling them to stop the kisses and that I was Q’s profit whilst they were an overhead so treat me with respect and not like their aunt nelly.

Give me strength.

A woman has just said it was £45 to return the Dyson Airwrap!

It has to be returned a special way because of the weight and price of the item!!!!

I know on another Facebook someone was selling their Dyson Hairdryer used twice as they got the Airwrap for Xmas, they wanted £200 for it. They were told not allowed to sell on the group.

Sister Bliss Bin Lids are what we called the die heart rose tinted glasses wearing QVC fans.

Yes I thought so, but why bin lid? What are the similarities between a Q fan & a bin lid?

I see we now have kisskissgate. One genuine post asking why females get a x but males do not. Quite rightly one poster (one of us?) stating it is ridiculously inappropriately unprofessional but the Q groupies saying they loved them and felt all luvved up by their “friends” at Q.

Have any of these people had a basic education or worked in a workplace where they were expected not to act like a Moran.

I received one in answer to an email complaint and spent the next half dozen emails telling them to stop the kisses and that I was Q’s profit whilst they were an overhead so treat me with respect and not like their aunt nelly.

Give me strength.

ve any of these people had a basic education or worked in a workplace where they were expected not to act like a Moran.

:mysmilie_15:

Give me strength.

I can imagine the QVC diehards being up in arms over this. They do love their little kiss kiss. :mysmilie_12:

Yes I thought so, but why bin lid? What are the similarities between a Q fan & a bin lid?

On another forum, I visit about showbiz they have a long-running thread about the deluded fans for say 1D and their ideas that all babies by celebs are fake. Cumberbatch ones are the worse, insisting they want to upturn the pram and prove his children are fake. Or his wife is a drug runner who brainwashed him into marrying her. Get the idea? Now we are not talking teenage girls but women in their 40s etc even the 1D die hearts who believe they are all gay and secretly in love with each other but evil Cowell keeps them apart. They are known as the Tin Hats think of the people who want to wear tin foil hats to stop aliens, the government etc reading their thoughts. I suggested Bin Lids for the QVC die hearts who believe every single comment made by QVC who can do no wrong and everything is wonderful. I refer to the old fashion bin lids the metal ones. It stops reality and the truth that QVC can fork up like every other company and they and not your friends but to just sell you stuff.

Donna I think it may have some very small connection to the bin lid rattlers during the troubles but around my house it is a general description for idiots and all they stand for.

The purpose of bin lids in real life is to hide the rubbish and prevent stinks getting out. This is a good description of some people on various social media fora.

Donna I think it may have some very small connection to the bin lid rattlers during the troubles but around my house it is a general description for idiots and all they stand for.

I like the sound of that - ie a numpty. I'd be interested to know about the bin lid rattlers during the troubles - didn't they rattle to warn people that the british army were coming?

Yes, a call to come out and make noise especially went internment started the army was coming to lift men. If you had a rubber bin lid you just did not bother and used a pot to bang. They banged them on the roads.

Yes, a call to come out and make noise especially went internment started the army was coming to lift men. If you had a rubber bin lid you just did not bother and used a pot to bang. They banged them on the roads.

Sorry Donna, what do you mean by internment starting, & the army coming to lift men? Does that mean the British Army would press gang the chaps in N.I? What's internment?

Latest posts

Back