Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I posted on QVC's Facebook page about my run in with Hohbein, and needless to say, nobody from QVC has bothered responding. Got lots of thumbs up, and some nice replies from other Facebook users, but bugger all from QVC, which I suppose is to be expected.

I've noticed before on LH's Twitter page, how other people have accused him of Apple bias....that sort of thing. I wonder how many of them are now banned from his feed as well?

It's a shame he has followers on there that think he can do no wrong. And they'll be steered towards buying stuff that may not be appropriate for what they need.

It's really kicked off on Q's FB page in the comments section for today's TSV - there have been lots of comments b*tching about the poor presenters, both guest and Q and the mods have been on at least twice to remove said comments!

The ones remaining are pretty much all complaining about the TSV itself and Q's outrageous P&P charges :mysmilie_17:

What does LH do he is always jetting around the world?

He has obviously blagged his way into working for tech companies. Trouble is, he gets his face on TV, and then it is probably appealing to other companies to have a "known face" onboard. I maintain he doesn't know anything like as much as he claims to with regards technology. The fact that in response to me, all he could do was quote an article off a website, instead of articulating an argument of his own, says it all really.

I decided to block his Facebook accounts, so that if he reads my post on QVC's page, he can't post in response :)

I now find I have to hit Request Desktop Site when I go to their FB page in order to see the visitor posts. They aren't visible to me on the Mobile Site. That only used to apply to the Amazon tablet but now it's the same in the iPad.

It's also pot luck for me whether I can open the comments below the posts.

He has obviously blagged his way into working for tech companies. Trouble is, he gets his face on TV, and then it is probably appealing to other companies to have a "known face" onboard. I maintain he doesn't know anything like as much as he claims to with regards technology. The fact that in response to me, all he could do was quote an article off a website, instead of articulating an argument of his own, says it all really.

I decided to block his Facebook accounts, so that if he reads my post on QVC's page, he can't post in response :)

He is a total arse##le

Oh well, seems I can no longer read visitors posts.

Farewell Pat.

This is terrible. Who's going to tell us all what's going on....?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in dispute with Holland and Barrett for months re damage a courier did to my property.

I've written 1000's of words in emails, and all H&B are doing is trying to delay.

So yesterday I posted a very short account on their FB page, and had a reasonable response.

If anyone is interested, you could go onto their FB page and read my post.

I have been in dispute with Holland and Barrett for months re damage a courier did to my property.

I've written 1000's of words in emails, and all H&B are doing is trying to delay.

So yesterday I posted a very short account on their FB page, and had a reasonable response.

If anyone is interested, you could go onto their FB page and read my post.

I am very impressed with their response there, also that they didn’t just reply once or twice and leave you hanging but are obviously following up. Good to see and how Facebook (or any public interaction with customers) should be: well written, grown up and no kisses at the end.

Hope you get a satisfactory outcome. I remember you mentioning the incident with the rogue courier a few months ago and I was outraged for you.

Although it is a poor show that it is only when a social media forum is used that any action is taken. That should have happened months ago. Sorry not impressed at all.

Although it is a poor show that it is only when a social media forum is used that any action is taken. That should have happened months ago. Sorry not impressed at all.

It doesn’t reflect well on H&B overall and I agree it shouldn’t have to be exposed on social media before it is actioned, but it does show they have a good social media team, unlike QVC as highlighted in this thread.

So, a friend tried last night on her laptop and her account and can see Posts. I tried signing in as me and no Posts. Looks like they are doing a cull, I remember when I was first blocked a few people on ST said they could not even read posts but a few of us still could. But, as I have 3 emails addresses and just to p*ss them off now able to read the posts and even reply if I chose.:mysmilie_59::smirk: Never bothered before as I could read the posts.

So, today we have a woman who bought the magnetic eyelashes and they arrived used. Greasy fingerprints on the case and bronze eyeshadow on the bit you apply the lashes with.

Latest posts

Back