Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aren’t there laws regarding reviews? If not there should be. How utterly ridiculous to post reviews for goods not tried, sums Q up in their desperation.

Just hold on to that chequebook for a while and it will come around again.

Once they have decided to move and seen “better” houses they will never settle back to the ordinary.

Yes with the temptation of a new project having, now been valued and the realisation they are selling at well over double from they paid ten years ago. I certainly wouldn’t be broadcasting everything for everyone to read about me not being able to complete a house purchase.

I'm not sure if it has already been posted on here but according to a post on the QVC FB page QVC France has closed.

I'm not sure if it has already been posted on here but according to a post on the QVC FB page QVC France has closed.

Not sure QFrance customers will appreciate used returns with little extras ie: coconut mushrooms/cheque books/tea bags being delivered to their Gallic doorsteps:

"The decision to halt our QVC France operation was carefully considered, as QVC France had underperformed against financial and operational expectations, in large part due to unique in-market structural challenges and market dynamics that evolved in the years following the launch of the operation. We determined that these challenges were impacting our ability to develop our business in the manner we expected," said Aidan O'Meara, President, Qurate Retail Group International. "We want to thank our QVC France team members for their dedication, commitment, and professionalism throughout this period."

As a result of this decision, QVC will be able to better allocate its annual investment in France into other markets to drive sustainable organic growth. Further, many corporate functions within QVC are shared across the European markets, and the company believes that this action will allow the teams to better focus on other existing markets. In the fourth quarter of 2018, Qurate Retail, Inc., which includes QVC, recognized charges of approximately $13 million, of which $9 million was for severance and was excluded from Adjusted OIBDA, and $4 million was for inventory obsolescence and affected Adjusted OIBDA. The company expects to incur additional costs in 2019.

One hundred and fifty-four team members at QVC France will be impacted by the closure. Consistent with business practices and social policy in France, QVC France has completed the applicable consultation and regulatory approval processes, and appropriate steps are being taken to provide assistance and resources for the team members' transition. QVC customers in France will still be able to shop with QVC through its QVC UK and QVC Germany commerce platforms.

Outside of the US and France, QVC serves approximately 4.6 million customers in Germany and Austria, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom and Ireland. QVC also serves customers through a joint venture in China. The company's commitment to innovation and high level of customer service continue to bring new customers to QVC and attract brands and entrepreneurs to its platforms.

France probably thought what the heck is this??!! This QVC that charges more for goods, expensive postage, no free returns, no Paypal, all the things that have been around for years, they also probably thought bollocks to this as they started to get used items and charged full price. I channel hope less now, it’s sooooo repetitive and boring with products that still have cobwebs on, yes you can definitely see QVCuk slipping away, if Trustpilot is anything to go by, but still, they could’ve upped their game and evolved instead of staying stuck in 1993 but didn’t so it’s their P45.

Oh, Pat wants QVC to sell fishing rods now the weather is better.

A woman is complaining about all the people complaining about QVC, seems there is nothing but people complaining about presenters, returns resent out etc.

Another woman ordered on Tuesday and is demanding she gets a refund as whatever she ordered has not arrived, this was posted yesterday and she has emailed them and no reply.

A woman is complaining about all the people complaining about QVC, seems there is nothing but people complaining about presenters, returns resent out etc.

Another woman ordered on Tuesday and is demanding she gets a refund as whatever she ordered has not arrived, this was posted yesterday and she has emailed them and no reply.

If she continues to shop with Q she had a lot to learn regarding delivery times. Doesn’t help when other posters are thanking Q for their immediate delivery of YCs TSV .

I reckon Q are going to have to 'remove' their facebook page with all these complaints that you mention (I'm not on Fakebook but love hearing all about, btw) It's just going to damage them further. Either that or start paying peeps to post lots of fab stuff.
I can sense a 'Q have decided to leave fb to put it's efforts in to meeting customers needs at the grass roots' thing coming around.

on the continent they would never pay the price we pay for goods on QVC or elsewhere. my sister in law is German and even though they have a lot more disposable income she thinks shopping here is overpriced

Sorry, I forgot the QVC France closing down has been mentioned. Someone hoping that does not mean QVC UK will close down? Others rushing forward to say no. A woman did say the French are very chic and would not dream of wearing the US style fashions that QVC sell. :mysmilie_19: Or the shipping charges.

Oh! Our Shazza Flinty's bestie is getting it on the QVC page! Seems a woman asked a question about a product and got a rude reply and she is not the first when asking genuine questions about something. Quite a few replies about how can she say she is not affiliated to QVC when she just refers people to QVC about the products. She is not a genuine blogger and just raves about everything. Though it seems she did on a video call an eye shadow the colour of diarrhoea!

Sorry, I forgot the QVC France closing down has been mentioned. Someone hoping that does not mean QVC UK will close down? Others rushing forward to say no. A woman did say the French are very chic and would not dream of wearing the US style fashions that QVC sell. :mysmilie_19: Or the shipping charges.

Oh! Our Shazza Flinty's bestie is getting it on the QVC page! Seems a woman asked a question about a product and got a rude reply and she is not the first when asking genuine questions about something. Quite a few replies about how can she say she is not affiliated to QVC when she just refers people to QVC about the products. She is not a genuine blogger and just raves about everything. Though it seems she did on a video call an eye shadow the colour of diarrhoea!

Thanks for these Donna, don’t know what they’re panicking for about QVC closing there’s nothing on their website that you can’t live without, honestly these diehards. As for Fibby Flints blogger best friend extraordinaire, she’s got that look of (same one Fibby wears), that looks like she’d slap you soon as look at you, so her being rude is of no surprise at all. :mysmilie_3:

My thoughts exactly.

Of course she is affiliated, the links she posts have her name in them!!! She really cannot deny it.

Not sure QFrance customers will appreciate used returns with little extras ie: coconut mushrooms/cheque books/tea bags being delivered to their Gallic doorsteps:

"The decision to halt our QVC France operation was carefully considered, as QVC France had underperformed against financial and operational expectations, in large part due to unique in-market structural challenges and market dynamics that evolved in the years following the launch of the operation. We determined that these challenges were impacting our ability to develop our business in the manner we expected," said Aidan O'Meara, President, Qurate Retail Group International. "We want to thank our QVC France team members for their dedication, commitment, and professionalism throughout this period."

As a result of this decision, QVC will be able to better allocate its annual investment in France into other markets to drive sustainable organic growth. Further, many corporate functions within QVC are shared across the European markets, and the company believes that this action will allow the teams to better focus on other existing markets. In the fourth quarter of 2018, Qurate Retail, Inc., which includes QVC, recognized charges of approximately $13 million, of which $9 million was for severance and was excluded from Adjusted OIBDA, and $4 million was for inventory obsolescence and affected Adjusted OIBDA. The company expects to incur additional costs in 2019.

One hundred and fifty-four team members at QVC France will be impacted by the closure. Consistent with business practices and social policy in France, QVC France has completed the applicable consultation and regulatory approval processes, and appropriate steps are being taken to provide assistance and resources for the team members' transition. QVC customers in France will still be able to shop with QVC through its QVC UK and QVC Germany commerce platforms.

Outside of the US and France, QVC serves approximately 4.6 million customers in Germany and Austria, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom and Ireland. QVC also serves customers through a joint venture in China. The company's commitment to innovation and high level of customer service continue to bring new customers to QVC and attract brands and entrepreneurs to its platforms.

If we get a Brexit with tariffs, anyone in Ireland or other EU countries may find they can't afford QVC UK, as I can't imagine QVC not passing on any additional tariffs.

Oops someone has posted on Q`s facebook page a food hygiene link rating of 1 for a company called Toppings. I wonder if it`s the same company who sell the Toppings pies etc on Q`s website ? I can`t understand why she`s posted it if it isn`t the same company. Won`t do their sales any good if it`s them.

Oops someone has posted on Q`s facebook page a food hygiene link rating of 1 for a company called Toppings. I wonder if it`s the same company who sell the Toppings pies etc on Q`s website ? I can`t understand why she`s posted it if it isn`t the same company. Won`t do their sales any good if it`s them.

Think it’s Toppings market stall in Doncaster

Oh!! Back to QVC France, a poster said they bought something €300 which was not delivered as they closed down. So she has emailed a number of times about a refund and told it will be issued but it has been weeks and no refund. She is asking if QVC UK can do anything?

As everyone knows I can’t stand chuntley so avoid her shows like the plague so I’ve missed the news.

Poster on arsebook saying she’s a doctor. What have I missed? Keep the answers clean please:mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back