Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone has to complain about this in the comments part of the blog. Vulgar behaviour.

If lots of peeps do it it will be too much for the Q it Jokers to keep up wit the removals.

I've just looked back over some posts and on April 30 a lady posted a picture of the Clogau Gold ring she bought. It looks filthy or possibly just tarnished but either way, disgusting! Just a "please call CS" message from the Q of course. It looks like something you would pick up cheap at a second hand shop or a market.

Selly telly presenters use every trick in the book, both to "close" the sale, and to build a rapport with the potential customer.

Sharing personal details in order to do either is tricky and can backfire. QVC presenters have increasingly been oversharing their lives, listening only to their chosen echo-chamber, rather than the thousands (it can't just be us!) who are turned off by such tactics. So one lot of customers will be drawn in by this and think of the presenters as friends; and the other lot think this is a shabby tactic.

This sort of thing used to be remarked on more with IW presenters (IW watchers may have heard about Ellis (now on the jewellery channel I think) and pee-gate, and most distateful of all Denniece and her disabled daughter). I think the presenters on QVC who have served time on other channels may well have really caught the bug there... but if QVC seriously want us to think of them as "a cut above" or the Harrods of selly telly, they need to stop such questionable tactics in my view.

Their family members haven't signed up to sell merchandise on QVC, and probably haven't signed up to be all over the presenters' social media either. If they haven't, then they should use a little human courtesy and consideration and ask the family members if they mind. When it comes to young children and babies, who cannot consent, just.... don't.

If I can remember I will have to look on their FB page to see if anyone has received a postage surcharge card. The only thing I am expecting is a De Jager order. It should be here by now. I'm not paying another £3 to receive it!

Is this a new one? A lady called Vicky posted last night that she had sent back the non-receipt letter for a pair of Sketchers lost or whatever by Royal Mail. She has posted a letter from Q with thanks, saying they will get back to her when they have resolved the mattter with RM. (I've lost the post now so can't recheck details). But I always thought that once they got your form back, they processed your refund/replacement. What if they take months to sort it out? One reply says to do a Section 75 claim on your credit card!

Yes, Mazza, I thought the refunded once they got the form back. I did see the post you mentioned, perhaps so much is going walk about the are clamping down? But it is unfun to customers especially if it is on easy pay will they still continue to take payment?

Is this a new one? A lady called Vicky posted last night that she had sent back the non-receipt letter for a pair of Sketchers lost or whatever by Royal Mail. She has posted a letter from Q with thanks, saying they will get back to her when they have resolved the mattter with RM. (I've lost the post now so can't recheck details). But I always thought that once they got your form back, they processed your refund/replacement. What if they take months to sort it out? One reply says to do a Section 75 claim on your credit card!

The last time I sent something back to QVC I'm sure there was a bit on the documentation that suggested you send returns recorded delivery for extra security. I shredded the papers so I can't check this time but that would be even more expensive to send things back.

CC

Yes, they always suggested you sent returns signed for or as it was called recorded delivery. But at the post office, you can ask for a receipt of posting which costs nothing and many just used that. For jewellery the post office will always tell you to send special which is £5+ more as it will not be insured if it goes missing, QVC never ever send any jewellery special that I know of.

I remember when I used to buy from Gems over 10 years ago all their jewellery was sent by courier. But now it seems it just goes Royal Mail and no signature needed.

Imagine if you ordered one of those £1,000 plus rings and it went missing either on its way to you or on its way back to QVC. That would be a drama!

CC

Ah, Bless! A male poster has put up a post that if you contact QVC they will answer within 3 days or pass on your query to the CEO. He said well done QVC.

Then the non-drinking cool aids posters came and shattered his rose-tinted glasses. :mysmilie_19:

This has been going on for years, complaints about returns etc will never be addressed or anything happened etc etc etc. The same old same old answers will be given by QVC but nothing will be done unless people just stop buying from QVC and then it would have to be loads to make even a dent in their profits which is all they really care about. Think he has decided not to post again.:mysmilie_17:

Another interesting one, a poster saying QVC has no ethics over a Samsung tv they are selling. Stating it is a new model and the cheapest place to buy from is them. When it is not a new model and can be bought cheaper elsewhere. QVC and ethics over selling really should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

I remember I got that letter years ago when I was a QVC shopper, you’d get this letter that they’d “investigate” when you said you either didn’t receive your parcel, or the warehouse never got your return. I never insured mine just always got my returns “signed for” till a QVC CS woman told me, just ask for “proof of postage” receipt which is free, because any query you could prove that you handed it in to the Post Office so it’s out of my hands, so nothing I could do anyway. So if they never got any of my returns back (which they rarely did for some reason) I could say well tuff titty I sent them back here’s the proof, so once you can prove you handed your parcel over, they have no right to keep your money.

Imagine if you ordered one of those £1,000 plus rings and it went missing either on its way to you or on its way back to QVC. That would be a drama!

CC

If that happened you’d have a massive fight on your hands to get your money back, most likely because QVC will probably have got it back but they know how sh*t their jewellery is so will claim on the insurance, and that takes time. :mysmilie_17:

Oh dear! Someone ranting, and I mean ranting, because the delivery driver wouldn’t take a delivery of RJ compost around to her elderly grans back garden. He said they were not allowed to do this, and it’s all Q’s fault because he is THEIR driver.

Someone needs to get real! of course it would be lovely if people could help but why would someone be expected to put their job in jeopardy if those are the rules. One might ask could he not have left it at the door/hall and the family do the humping. Her gran is 89 so I doubt that she is actually doing much lifting so perhaps this should have been taken into consideration before ordering.

A woman has posted a photo showing the reaction she says was caused by LE shower gel & perfume & she's asking for medical advice..! We all know that the NHS is always under pressure but I'd have seen a pharmacist rather than asking for ideas on the Q's fb page.

A woman has posted a photo showing the reaction she says was caused by LE shower gel & perfume & she's asking for medical advice..! We all know that the NHS is always under pressure but I'd have seen a pharmacist rather than asking for ideas on the Q's fb page.

Oh Dear! What is it with people & fakebook/sm? What a half wit!

The first trip to the chemist for advice and if needed onto the doctor.

The second pack up the set phone QVC for a return label and return.

Not on the list put up a photo on the interest.

A woman complaining she bought 2 Amazon Fire Tablets from QVC in 2016 and they will no longer charge, not sure if only one or both? Anyway as outside the 1-year warranty QVC will not do anything. So contacted Amazon who said as not bought directly from them they will not replace. People saying this should be made clear and others saying let it be a warning buying big brands from QVC.

A woman complaining she bought 2 Amazon Fire Tablets from QVC in 2016 and they will no longer charge, not sure if only one or both? Anyway as outside the 1-year warranty QVC will not do anything. So contacted Amazon who said as not bought directly from them they will not replace. People saying this should be made clear and others saying let it be a warning buying big brands from QVC.

We live in a throw away society & most technology has a finite lifespan so after three years these may be exhausted. I'm obviously quite an unsympathetic person as neither the Q nor Amazon should deal with her because it was her daughter who bought them so she's the customer. Take them to the tip love & put them in the relevant recycling section.

Probably a new battery might help.................think you can get replacements?

Latest posts

Back