Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn’t mind so much if they had super duper new stuff that we can’t find on the DHS. But no, they wheel out the same old crap every year. I half expect them introduce that helicopter that Anthony Heyward used to fly up into the studio rafters (by remote control, not in the cockpit).

Someone posting about red headed model on 11pm show last night. If you look at the clips she is wearing shoes at east 2 sizes too big. And then they have the cheek to employ stoilests and try to tell us they are at the forefront of fashion

Someone asked about a dress Ali K was wearing & was told it was by Ghost but out of stock. I assume it was the one she wore during the food presentation, NOT a Ghost show, & may have been her own, however, there was the usual response about the unfairness of showing something that can't be ordered. The fb whingers don't seem to understand that the sales staff have to wear clothes & many of them aren't availble on the Q but other outlets may be able to assist them.

Someone asked about a dress Ali K was wearing & was told it was by Ghost but out of stock. I assume it was the one she wore during the food presentation, NOT a Ghost show, & may have been her own, however, there was the usual response about the unfairness of showing something that can't be ordered. The fb whingers don't seem to understand that the sales staff have to wear clothes & many of them aren't availble on the Q but other outlets may be able to assist them.

I don't expect the presenters or guests to be decked out head to foot in Q's wares every time they are on air. That, to me, would be unreasonable and ridiculous. Yes, if they are on a clothes show, or a shoes show, but they aren't shop window mannequins, so don't expect them to be one. Looking at most QVC fashion these days is a penance... cruel to make them wear it all the time too! Let's face it, the male presenters get off scott free!

I don't expect the presenters or guests to be decked out head to foot in Q's wares every time they are on air. That, to me, would be unreasonable and ridiculous. Yes, if they are on a clothes show, or a shoes show, but they aren't shop window mannequins, so don't expect them to be one. Looking at most QVC fashion these days is a penance... cruel to make them wear it all the time too! Let's face it, the male presenters get off scott free!

Oh, I don't know. I could definitely see Charlie rocking it in a Nina Leonard ensemble, finished off with a Kim & Co shrug.

When I was a regular watcher the thing that got on my chesticles was Charlie and his “and we wear this with OUR little scrappy dress” type of patter. I used to shout at him that unless he was trans in his spare time HE did wear a dress scrappy or otherwise.

Charlie had QVC viewers all going on cruises and sitting at the captain's table in their Diamonique and QVC fashion.

I remember sitting at a friend's house watching and he was rambling on about cruises etc. She asked me if he was on drugs?:mysmilie_19:

When I was a regular watcher the thing that got on my chesticles was Charlie and his “and we wear this with OUR little scrappy dress” type of patter. I used to shout at him that unless he was trans in his spare time HE did wear a dress scrappy or otherwise.

There was something a little (a lot) cringey when he would go that "we" thing when talking about clothes... and even worse when they did a pelvic floor exerciser which looked like a tampon...

Argh,you’ve got me ! The slow reveal coupled with him saying: “take a look at THIS”

I do like the fact Charlie has retained a playful air, through the transformation of many colleagues to rude and aggressive. He still does his homework. He isn't welded to an iPad.

Yes when I think about it Charlie is one of the better presenters, easy to listen to, more relaxed and at times very amusing.On the other hand you could say the same about Craig but find him too smarmy.I have got sick to death of these hyper gabbling women ( Pippa is on @ the moment, say no more!)

I bet Charlie will be over the moon knowing he has many compliments on here, he often says that no-one is really interested in his blogs..(he says fishing for sympathy).

I like Charlie too. I can watch him, which is somethig I find hard to do with most of the presenters these days. I am not fussed at all on the new presenters. Same old stock phrases being peddled around. Same old crap.

We now have mattressgate. Del Boy has posted about her niece asking for recommendation of mattresses/toppers complete with photo. Several posts saying it looks like a squat.

A woman has posted a photo of a box containing 'Abschmink & Waschpads' & all the writing on the box is in German. She asked the following question: "I Have Bought This Product and I would like More Information if Anyone can help me". Do these people live on a different planet from me?

Just had a quick look and as usual found Chloe Everton looking at the monitor every two seconds because even after five years she’s still not comfortable or knows what she’s doing, except when begging for Instagram followers and acting like an overgrown, immature juvenile, she’s knows how to that perfectly. Just clarifies why I channel hop even less and less now.

Latest posts

Back