Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know it's silly season but would 'the press' be remotely interested? I've written before that on the rare occasion I'm tempted by something I look at the reviews & I'm still amazed by how much stuff people return. I wonder if they do the same with purchases from shops or if they get drawn in by the sales staff on the Q & then experience buyer's remorse

Exactly what I was thinking, I think the press couldn't give a rat's furry backside about someone getting the Letter/Q's sales techniques being misleading :mysmilie_17:

QVC break a lot more retail and moral laws than “the letter” and get away with it so I agree, I don’t think the press would give a toss that a woman was returning too many items that will go back out to the next unsuspecting customer, nope, don’t think they will.

I think the press made a meal of ASOS stopping people returning so much. Stupid bloggers ordering, publishing pics of themselves in the clothes then returning have managed to spoil it for normal people again.

Most retailers monitor the level of returns. The one which has the most impact if they decide to close your account is probably Amazon. Got a Kindle? Got a Fire? Got a Fire Stick? Got a Prime Account? All closed to you if they close your account. All your electronic content no more - music, books, films etc all gone.

It hasn't happened to me, so I'm reporting what I've heard.

Even returns to shops which were bought at the shops they want your details and a signature. That I have experienced directly.

One of the issues for retailers is that still they have to do their accounts. They have to declare their turnover and their profits or losses, and pay taxes accordingly. High levels of returns will play havoc with that. I would imagine they don't declare the turnover until the free return period finishes, so if they have a whole load of turnover that suddenly just becomes stock in the warehouse they could have a problem.

Before my Mr T retired he had a customer that made beautiful cotton dresses. It was a family business & they gave excellent service in every respect, which one customer decided to abuse. Obviously they couldn't offer anything like the Q's 30mbg & returns had to be done within 14 days. They knew this one person was wearing the clothes, not just trying them on, but they couldn't do a thing because all were sent back complete with the 'do not remove' labels, then she made her mistake & returned several that all had sand in the pockets, account closed.

I remember a post on the QVC US forum about someone getting the returning too much. A woman replied saying she worked for Macy's department store and had a number of women very wealthy who had their accounts closed for too many returns. Social event coming up and they came in bought and returned the day after. She said stores do keep records of returns and it is so easy now people use credit/debit or store cards.

Now, this is interesting but in the US you can buy cosmetics use and return no questions asked some without the packaging. Here in the UK they usually only do it if a reaction to the product. I think Estee Lauder do accept returns for other reasons. I read all the time on the forums, "oh I bought and just did not like the colour on me and brought it back." Many places take back without a receipt though that seems to be stopping and even Ultra you need a receipt. I asked a friend who worked for YSL at the time about returns in the UK? She said if they did it then the prices would go up to make sure the companies did not start losing money.

'Hi Jackie. Loving. The show. Could. I. Have a. Picture of all. Lovely. Ladies'. This post, & the man's photo, has really bothered me. Bleurgh.

Exactly what I was thinking, I think the press couldn't give a rat's furry backside about someone getting the Letter/Q's sales techniques being misleading :mysmilie_17:

You've given my husband a new favourite expression, thank you.

'Hi Jackie. Loving. The show. Could. I. Have a. Picture of all. Lovely. Ladies'. This post, & the man's photo, has really bothered me. Bleurgh.

I felt just the same. I wonder if he is the same one telling Debbie, Catherine etc that they look gorgeous?

I remember a post on the QVC US forum about someone getting the returning too much. A woman replied saying she worked for Macy's department store and had a number of women very wealthy who had their accounts closed for too many returns. Social event coming up and they came in bought and returned the day after. She said stores do keep records of returns and it is so easy now people use credit/debit or store cards.

Now, this is interesting but in the US you can buy cosmetics use and return no questions asked some without the packaging. Here in the UK they usually only do it if a reaction to the product. I think Estee Lauder do accept returns for other reasons. I read all the time on the forums, "oh I bought and just did not like the colour on me and brought it back." Many places take back without a receipt though that seems to be stopping and even Ultra you need a receipt. I asked a friend who worked for YSL at the time about returns in the UK? She said if they did it then the prices would go up to make sure the companies did not start losing money.

They're definitely a lot more flexible in the US as regards returns, I remember being in a restaurant there with a friend and I'd ordered a drink that turned out to be vile. I was girding my loins to gulp it down as it was ****** expensive, when she told me I didn't have to and that I could just swap it for something I liked...I nearly fell off my chair (in shock, not from the booze)!

He seems to be posting regularly now. Same bizarre style on each post and usually geared towards the female guests and presenters. I'm sure he's a really nice guy but it seems creepy to me.

He seems to be posting regularly now. Same bizarre style on each post and usually geared towards the female guests and presenters. I'm sure he's a really nice guy but it seems creepy to me.

You're a lot nicer than me I think he sounds very strange & why does he write in such an odd manner?

You're a lot nicer than me I think he sounds very strange & why does he write in such an odd manner?

What. Do. You. Mean. The. Writing. Style. Is. Odd? It. Seems. Perfectly. Normal. To. Me.

Anyway. Lovely. Ladies. Please. Send. Me. A. Photo.

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Did I dream that comment or is it really written there????

CC

Yeah. I thought it but didn't like to say it out loud here. Us all (mostly) being so ladylike :angel:

Latest posts

Back