Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, he did celebrity Masterchef about two years ago. That was really the first time I actually watched him. He got to the final and was crying and not pretend shock. He came across as a real trier and fun.

Compare and contrast with the big I AM (Andi Peters)!:mysmilie_11:

Posts criticising Ms Huntley the Elder's comments regarding shopping anywhere other than the Q. This was written in her defence:
'Catherine Huntley has one the nicest sweetest personalities on QVC n is damn good at her job.
Thats my pennys worth anyways'.

:mysmilie_19:

Nicest, sweetest personalities. Can no one see how false all that is? All that fake niceness is nauseating. Is she still on the vegan diet as I noticed that she is putting some of the weight back on. Maybe she's cheating and putting chocolate sprinklies on her bowls of grass.

CC

Posts criticising Ms Huntley the Elder's comments regarding shopping anywhere other than the Q. This was written in her defence:
'Catherine Huntley has one the nicest sweetest personalities on QVC n is damn good at her job.
Thats my pennys worth anyways'.

:mysmilie_19:

She can’t be that “sweet” hey if she’s slagging off other companies on the high street trying to make a living.

Nicest, sweetest personalities. Can no one see how false all that is? All that fake niceness is nauseating. Is she still on the vegan diet as I noticed that she is putting some of the weight back on. Maybe she's cheating and putting chocolate sprinklies on her bowls of grass.

CC
If she was a true vegan working for QVC would be against her principles; it's not just about a healthier eating regime, a major reason is animal welfare & she promotes products that are not cruelty free. Add to that wearing leather shoes & drinking non-vegan wine & this sweet personality doesn't look so sweet. She's probably putting on weight because she's all lurved up with Jamie & contentment piles on the pounds. Op, plop pass the mop.

Unfortunately, when you are on any media, you will be constantly open to accusations of hypocrisy. Many vegan groups are purist about veganism. It isn't just about eating a plant based diet, it encompasses your whole lifestyle and what choices you make in unexpected areas. CH would be wiser to say she is now choosing a plant based diet, and if it leads to veganism 100% fine.

Rylan must have something going for him or he wouldn't get the jobs he has managed to find. From being a rather hopeless singer on X Factor he now has a pretty good career. After the BB Bit on the Side finished he has found other gigs. He was on the Eurovision semi final shows this year and I don't usually watch them but I thought they were good for a laugh this year. He seems to throw himself into things whilst still being a very nice guy. He has the R2 show, although I only heard it once and the phone call to his mother was cringeworthy IMVHO. But now to get a foothold on Strictly ITT, I mean that is no small show is it. I don't think he would have had this success if he were an arrogant git.

I would like to be one of the Rylettes as well please. Coincidentally I am having some very expensive dental work at the moment so that should qualify me if nothing else does!!!! I shan't be buying his Q range at those prices though.

Good Agent?

I was a bit hmmmm about Rylan when he joined the "This Morning family" as I quite dislike most (very up their own arses but only show it occasionally).

Turns out he seems to be the nicest and most genuine of them all.

Just had my first look at the Facebook page in a while and have been rewarded with a Pat Post:

Hello could I make an order for collection please?
Could I have 2 number 9's ,a number 19 ,two bags of chips and some prawn crackers. Thanks .The name is Pantalakis.

Of course, if QVC ran Uber Eats or Deliveroo, you’d be looking at a stone cold Chinese meal about a week later.

Unfortunately, when you are on any media, you will be constantly open to accusations of hypocrisy. Many vegan groups are purist about veganism. It isn't just about eating a plant based diet, it encompasses your whole lifestyle and what choices you make in unexpected areas. CH would be wiser to say she is now choosing a plant based diet, and if it leads to veganism 100% fine.

She's not the brightest light on the tree so obviously believed that saying she was a vegan was sufficient & everyone would be impressed with her sacrifice.

She's not the brightest light on the tree so obviously believed that saying she was a vegan was sufficient & everyone would be impressed with her sacrifice.

I think it is laziness. Vegan is the big thing, so let's jump on the bandwagon without bothering to do any research or think it through. It's also treating the people she tells about it like idiots. I am not so sure she's the dimbo she tries to portray...

Thing is, not that I am vegan, but I have observed that people evolve into veganism. Their concerns for animal welfare, the environment, being intentional in their choices means going vegan is a logical, inevitable step. It can influence whether they stay at, or leave a job, what they wear, where and how they live and then also the food. I just don't think CH did any homework before opening her mouth. Just the usual attention-seeking, I'm afraid.

I think it is laziness. Vegan is the big thing, so let's jump on the bandwagon without bothering to do any research or think it through. It's also treating the people she tells about it like idiots. I am not so sure she's the dimbo she tries to portray...

Thing is, not that I am vegan, but I have observed that people evolve into veganism. Their concerns for animal welfare, the environment, being intentional in their choices means going vegan is a logical, inevitable step. It can influence whether they stay at, or leave a job, what they wear, where and how they live and then also the food. I just don't think CH did any homework before opening her mouth. Just the usual attention-seeking, I'm afraid.

I agree with you, she's obviously not an intellectual but does over act being what used to be called dumb blonde. Decades ago there was a quiz show called The Golden Shot & Anne Aston was the girl who had to add up the scores, her inability to do the most basic arithmetic annoyed my dad beyond words & to this day I've never understood why he watched this daft programme. However, that was was in the 60s & 70s & I thought we'd all moved on. I award Ms Huntley the Elder third place in my list of most disliked QVC sales staff.

Latest posts

Back