Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's a Stan of mega proportions. I've received excellent service from many companies, big & small, & never once thought that I was talking to aliens so I found the following words bizarre to say the least:
'...they are so lovely... so normal, like the rest of us ...'
What a saddo.

Sounds like she’s classing the call centre staff on minimum wage Z-Listers like the presenter too. Some people just begger belief. :mysmilie_19:

She sounds plastered.

Sounds like she’s classing the call centre staff on minimum wage Z-Listers like the presenter too. Some people just begger belief. :mysmilie_19:

She sounds plastered.

She's said she's spreading joy & ' All the happy and excitment est naturel'. I'm not on fb but have looked at her photo & she looks middle-aged which makes her even more of a saddo because she sounds like someone from a reality tv show.

SELLING USED GOODS AS BRAND NEW
I purchased an item from QVCUK but when it arrived I found it to be dirty, used and repackaged. I complained to customer service and they tried to tell me that it would be as a result of ‘quality control processes’ I pointed out that no QC process involves placing dirt on the item. Eventually they agreed to a return. They credited part of the cost of the item and I sent emails requesting an explanation as to why - they didn’t respond. I have now found that the exact same item is available from another retailer at nearly HALF the price charged by QVCUK.
I wrote to the CEOs office, yet again, no response. It seems that the failure to deal with complaints comes from the very top. BE CAREFUL when purchasing goods as you may get someone else’s unwanted return being passed off as brand new and get overcharged for the privilege.

Quelle surprise. What's with the partial refund?

SELLING USED GOODS AS BRAND NEW
I purchased an item from QVCUK but when it arrived I found it to be dirty, used and repackaged. I complained to customer service and they tried to tell me that it would be as a result of ‘quality control processes’ I pointed out that no QC process involves placing dirt on the item. Eventually they agreed to a return. They credited part of the cost of the item and I sent emails requesting an explanation as to why - they didn’t respond. I have now found that the exact same item is available from another retailer at nearly HALF the price charged by QVCUK.
I wrote to the CEOs office, yet again, no response. It seems that the failure to deal with complaints comes from the very top. BE CAREFUL when purchasing goods as you may get someone else’s unwanted return being passed off as brand new and get overcharged for the privilege.

Quelle surprise. What's with the partial refund?

Awful isn’t it, this is what tipped me over the edge and I closed my account about six years ago now because four of the last five things I ordered were visibly used, dirty returns, a Kipling bag with used tissues and a receipt in the pocket, Birkenstock’s with gravel in the sole, Yankee Candle with melted wax in the votive holder and to top it all, a Ninja with dried dough in it. So that was it, after being a QVC shopper from day one and after almost twenty years I closed my account. During this time though I found a new friend, Google and Google showed me lots of places I can buy what I liked on QVC a lot, lot cheaper. I’ve never looked back and must’ve saved a fortune, and a lot of stress.

It’s horrible I agree when the customer service staff don’t believe you and try fobbing you off, it only makes an already bad situation worse xxx

Qvc customer care is a riot....they still haven't received the faulty electric cozee home blanket so my sister has to wait for a letter sign it then wait for QVC to respond. jokers

Now that people have stopped asking about B&B, the most common posts/complaints now seem to be about damaged Lola Rose items being received.

I personally don’t like the range but, if I did, I would certainly be very unimpressed to receive a necklace or a bracelet with a chunk missing from it. Maybe a fork lift truck runs over them in the QVC warehouse while they’re being packed, ready for dispatch.

Now that people have stopped asking about B&B, the most common posts/complaints now seem to be about damaged Lola Rose items being received.

I personally don’t like the range but, if I did, I would certainly be very unimpressed to receive a necklace or a bracelet with a chunk missing from it. Maybe a fork lift truck runs over them in the QVC warehouse while they’re being packed, ready for dispatch.

People should be grateful - it makes each piece unique.

Still more complaints about Lola Rose this time photo of one stone broken in two with the other bits in the packaging.

A woman got her refund cheque but it is address to her and her husband but Halifax will not accept as they do not have a joint account, so she has been writing and emailing to get a new cheque with total silence on QVC's side. This has been going on for weeks.

Oh, and a Gatineau set which was shown on air with a 50mls moisturiser only came with a 30mls size. The woman rewatched the on air video which did state 50mls. So QVC are blaming Gatineau and saying it is a good deal. So she was given the choice of return for refund or keep. She is not happy.

Someone not happy about p&p on a LAB tooth whitening pen set being £3.95 rather than the much mentioned £1.95. Even more cheesed off when Lesley x informed her that it had been rectified, by the removing the words 'all beauty' because the promotion only applied to selected products! A number of people have got involved & Lesley x is double checking. There are 6 tooth whitening products currently available, 3 with £1.95 p&p, the others with different costs. What a shambles.

When I first watched Q when there was a cockup with graphics/info they always announced that they would honour the price etc up until that point (some ended up with great bargains if the decimal point was in the wrong place or 2 instead of 1]. It was one of the reasons I watched so much as it seemed like the decent thing to do.

The day that sort of thing stopped was IMO the start of the decline into market stall selling .

When I first watched Q when there was a cockup with graphics/info they always announced that they would honour the price etc up until that point (some ended up with great bargains if the decimal point was in the wrong place or 2 instead of 1]. It was one of the reasons I watched so much as it seemed like the decent thing to do.

The day that sort of thing stopped was IMO the start of the decline into market stall selling .

Couldn't agree more - a total shambles. I received an email with details of the tweakd tsv and the picture was the yankee candle tsv tomorrow. There just doesn't seem to be quality control or consistency :mysmilie_10::sad:

your lucky if you receive a refund within a month of sending something back and thats after several phone calls/emails

As I mentioned in a post in another thread about the Lindor TSV, my refund was back in my account in under 2 days, instead of the usual goodness knows how long, so they can do it quickly.

Mind you, it was refunded on 30th October, after ordering the TSV on 1st October, ringing them 4 times, sending back the “I haven’t got my goods” letter and ringing them for a 5th time on the 28th October, after sending them the letter.

Whether my comparing their service to that of other companies did the trick or whether it was my saying that I would be contacting the CEO and taking it further if it wasn’t resolved soon, but it was the CS woman I spoke to who actioned the speedy refund.

For a company that boasts about being the number one shopping channel, they need to wake up to the fact that their practice is now archaic, their IT department is lacking many of the required skills, their returns department needs to check the goods that come back before sending them back out and many of their presenters are too busy rabbiting on about their private lives to give us details of what they are selling.

And there are other companies out there that have a mbg, so they are not unique in that.

So we have in the last few days requests for Kirk's Folly and Tiffany Lamps to come back. I think Kirk's Folly is no more, have an idea I read this on the QVC US forum the other year?

This one made me laugh. Someone asked did QVC sell Aveda? Numpty mod replied they would check! Aveda have been gone for a long time from QVC.

So we have in the last few days requests for Kirk's Folly and Tiffany Lamps to come back. I think Kirk's Folly is no more, have an idea I read this on the QVC US forum the other year?

This one made me laugh. Someone asked did QVC sell Aveda? Numpty mod replied they would check! Aveda have been gone for a long time from QVC.

I saw the Aveda question. Surely looking on the website takes seconds, for both the customer & Lesley x who really should know how to do her job. Both numpties with bells on.

Well, it had to happen. I've just spotted a post about the LAB microdermabrasion gadget. The customer is asking if it should vibrate as it doesn't seem to be removing any dead skin like she saw on the demonstrations. QVC have asked her to ring CS if she thinks that it's faulty.

"Send it back, dear. I doubt that it's faulty because the LAB gadgets rarely do what they claim they do."

So we have in the last few days requests for Kirk's Folly and Tiffany Lamps to come back.

I have a standard and table lamp in the Tiffany lamps and although not everyone's taste I love them. I managed to get both on a dirt cheap price from QVC and even if you can find them now they are two or three times the prices I paid. Kirk's Folly was not my thing. Cheap tat at extortionate prices, preying on the bereaved and the fantasy minded IMO. I suspect Ms Kirk and her bag of glitter got out whilst the going was going down.

CC

A woman is complaining that Chloe is wearing her poppy where her nipple is. She should show some respect!

Now, I have never had the urge to think where a persenter's nipples are.

A woman is complaining that Chloe is wearing her poppy where her nipple is. She should show some respect!

Now, I have never had the urge to think where a persenter's nipples are.

I've found her on an Orly hour & the poppy brooch is pinned very low down, she's wearing a brown & red animal print top so it's also camoflagued. I just think she's scruffy, doesn't pay much attention to how she looks & pinned it on without checking. I've said that because I can't stand her, will find the tiniest fault & magnify it, petty is my middle name.

Latest posts

Back