Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they're still being played on loop & last Sunday I listened to all of them in between assurances from Kabler the gabbler that my call was important to them. I quite like Mr Buble but agree that 'Home' is a bit of a dirge, however, the girl who answered my call was very professional & couldn't be faulted. It must soul destroying to have to listen to people who are angry, disappointed or rude - sometimes all three & I'd imagine the call centre staff get very little support from the Q.

I had forgotten about that music - I don't think I've heard it the last few times I've called but I have definitely noticed the very, very much longer waits these days and the "Hi, it's Jackie here ...", not because I particularly dislike her but because it signals the start of an annoying waste of several minutes of my life. Last weekend I called and got quite a cheerful woman who also very helpful - maybe the same one you got because there aren't many that don't sound fed up.

:mysmilie_15:

I suppose they play it on loop so you get fed up and think, ah bugger it! and put the phone down.

And, QVC hopes, forget to call back until the 14 days is up.

I don't often wait on the phone but have been known to do it if the song's Ocean Drive & then I sing along LOUDLY :mysmilie_14:

Someone is now asking the presenters to wear their poppies properly, with the leaf at the 11 o’clock position. To be honest, I’ve seen the poppies but haven’t looked closely enough to see where the leaves are pointing. I know it’s probably important, but I have far better things to do with my time than “berate” people on FB for something like that.

Someone is now asking the presenters to wear their poppies properly, with the leaf at the 11 o’clock position. To be honest, I’ve seen the poppies but haven’t looked closely enough to see where the leaves are pointing. I know it’s probably important, but I have far better things to do with my time than “berate” people on FB for something like that.

Ahhh don't you love a keyboard warrior missing the most important point?

I've worn a poppy since I was at school & the prefects sold them & have never heard anyone mention this, so had a look at what the British Legion says &, surprise, surprise, there's no right or wrong way. I now wear wear one of their poppy brooches & every year I buy an updated pin badge that gets moved around different coats; I also have my granny's sweetheart brooch which is beautiful but too fragile to wear. We went to the ceremony at the war memorial in our local park this morning, it was incredibly moving, with lots of families & dogs most of them wearing poppies on their collars.

I always buy a paper poppy from a local seller in our shopping centre but somehow I always manage to lose it but I also buy something every year from the BL website. My oldest son has been a soldier for 27 years and has lost friends in action in Afghanistan and also friends who`ve committed suicide through mental illness caused by PTSD. His last job was as Senior Welfare officer at his last barracks and he regularly had to liase with the BL, Combat Stress and other charities so he`s witnessed first hand where the money goes.

I always buy a paper poppy from a local seller in our shopping centre but somehow I always manage to lose it but I also buy something every year from the BL website. My oldest son has been a soldier for 27 years and has lost friends in action in Afghanistan and also friends who`ve committed suicide through mental illness caused by PTSD. His last job was as Senior Welfare officer at his last barracks and he regularly had to liase with the BL, Combat Stress and other charities so he`s witnessed first hand where the money goes.

Yes, this is what it's about. Nobody minds how you wear your poppy, or why you wear your poppy. Remembrance and practical help are what people should focus on. We always hope there will be an end to wars, but history doesn't make me optimistic on that... But making sure the service of younger people is recognised should in my view, be an on going part of the act of remembrance: for every generation past, present and future.

I hope that silly poppy policer has a good think about their post and feels embarrassed about how trivial it is.

I see that there is Freebiegate kicking off. Obviously Ruth and or Holden have been boasting about getting the TSV or other beauty products free. Many saying that this was a disgrace as these types are millionaires and freebies would be better given to deserving people or better prices to customers.

Needless to say the FB police have lots to say about it (for and against).

Yes, I saw the outrage over the Z listers all getting the TSV free. But don't forget all the beauty bloggers who also got it free.

People who are wealthy and get freebies will always be a source of resentment more than those who are rather under the radar as regards wealth.

People who are wealthy and get freebies will always be a source of resentment more than those who are rather under the radar as regards wealth.

I don’t suppose it’s as much “resenting” someone for getting freebies when they’re all ready capable enough to buy their own, it’s more like they only like the product because they’re getting it for free, if they really wanted it or liked it surely they’d have bought their own, so pretty much a waste of a good product, I mean let’s be honest when has anyone ever disliked something they got for free, so who’s going to believe their thoughts on it anyway?

I have no qualms and couldn’t give a toss if wealthy people get freebies, just so long as they help the less fortunate have basic things like food, water and warmth, but that’s just my opinion. :mysmilie_3:

I don’t suppose it’s as much “resenting” someone for getting freebies when they’re all ready capable enough to buy their own, it’s more like they only like the product because they’re getting it for free, if they really wanted it or liked it surely they’d have bought their own, so pretty much a waste of a good product, I mean let’s be honest when has anyone ever disliked something they got for free, so who’s going to believe their thoughts on it anyway?

I have no qualms and couldn’t give a toss if wealthy people get freebies, just so long as they help the less fortunate have basic things like food, water and warmth, but that’s just my opinion. :mysmilie_3:

Sadly, I suspect many don't.

I don't get freebies however & do help those you mention.....First hand.

Sorry if this sounds braggy (?). Of course I'd Brag on social media, but I'm not a twat so will not & do not.

If you ever have seen photos and they do put them up online of the amount of free stuff the bloggers get ceiling to floor. As Wayne Goss said no doubt most of it has gone off and just there to show 'Oh look what I have!'

There are also ones who do very high-end handbags Mulberry,LV, etc and get the newest ones free too.

I remember an actress who was interviewed on the red carpet at whatever. They asked who she was wearing and she said she had to buy her own dress as none of the designers approached would lend her a dress. The next year she had won awards and said again on the red carpet everyone was falling over themselves offering her jewellery and dresses to wear at all the award events.

Latest posts

Back