Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know what you mean but is she really that clever? She displays poor self awareness by not realising how ridiculous and off putting the whole self promotion thing is.

I wonder if she has to pay QVC to advertise her stuff on air? I can't see any other way she'd be allowed to get away with it. Same as when Julia Roberts kept banging on about her book, she sold it through QVC so they made money from her that way.

Now unfortunately I cannot do the link. But the other day on a private FB group and then repeated on the main QVC FB page a link with and interview with QVC by some TV magazine thing.

So main points:

QVC stated:

to their customers price is no object!

they count sales by the minute(ie they make money by the minute unlike other online retailers or stores)!

Loads of comments about the first comment.

I know what you mean but is she really that clever? She displays poor self awareness by not realising how ridiculous and off putting the whole self promotion thing is.

Despite the apparent lack of self-awareness, I think she definitely is that clever. She's a canny businesswoman and will use every opportunity to plug Debbie Flint the brand.

Now unfortunately I cannot do the link. But the other day on a private FB group and then repeated on the main QVC FB page a link with and interview with QVC by some TV magazine thing.

So main points:

QVC stated:

to their customers price is no object!

they count sales by the minute(ie they make money by the minute unlike other online retailers or stores)!

Loads of comments about the first comment.

I'm sorry but why is there a Private Fakebook for QVC?
That's ridiculous, surely they should all be open! It's like a secret society and out of order, no wonder they call it clique! :mysmilie_5:

There are a few of them. Some started by binlids who worship QVC and others from people who prefer to talk about QVC and their products honestly without getting deleted and banned.

QVC themselves keep moving the goalposts on their rules what you are allow to post. No mentioning of other retails, so you cannot tell others the same product cheaper elsewhere is one. Now you do get nasty comments about presenters and guests which do go beyond now and then.

I'm sorry but why is there a Private Fakebook for QVC?
That's ridiculous, surely they should all be open! It's like a secret society and out of order, no wonder they call it clique! :mysmilie_5:

QVC has no links to these groups. Anyone can set up a Facebook group and have it as a private or secret group.

I see, so they are just Groupies who are trying to get in on the act! How SAD!!!

No they are not all groupies. SH's group generally think QVC can do no wrong but the people on other groups talk about the good and the bad about QVC pretty much like folks on here do.

There will be people who have looked on here to get an idea if it was a place they'd be comfortable... Just like when you go to different places you get a sense of belonging or not belonging. I am not surprised to know there are groups where free expression is allowed. I wonder how many infiltration attempts they have been subjected to? Some of the QVC acolytes cannot tolerate dissent and behave in an underhand way to try and suppress it...good luck with that!!!

No they are not all groupies. SH's group generally think QVC can do no wrong but the people on other groups talk about the good and the bad about QVC pretty much like folks on here do.[/QUOTE

You have probably mentioned the Biggest Groupie of them all! Take your word for it as I never look at Fakebook pages but I might start to see what the fuss is about! I actually have better things to do! :mysmilie_17:

Quite a few people on Q's FB page are complaining about receiving abusive text messages from the partner of a guest presenter - annoyingly, no more details but looks like it's happened before. Anyone heard anything/know anything more????

I got the impression that it had happened before (same guest?) so wondered if it was that Lab guest as she was on at the end of last year, around November I think.

From the bits I`ve gleaned it seems someone commented about a guest presenter swishing his hair etc and his partner has sent abusive messages to anybody who commented on the thread which was in one of the offshoot QVC related groups. I`ve seen one of those messages, someone I know received one and its a ridiculous over reaction by the bloke who sent it and includes lots of effing and jeffing.
It`s hardly a good representation for the guest presenter who in my opinion needs to gag his partner. If you`re on telly for whatever reason then people are going to comment about your hair, clothes, makeup etc etc , it comes with the territory and personally the person who runs this facebook group needs to boot this abusive person off his group asap because he`s booted other people off his group for much less. The sh^t will hit the fan if someone reports this abuser to QVC and maybe his own employers for threatening women and he isn`t the type of person any group should be welcoming.

Well I'm thinking that the person complaining about receiving these messages obviously said something not too nice about the guest presenter and, looking at yesterday's schedule, the only person I can think of who would elicit such bile is Dennis Basso.

Edited to add, just seen Vienna's message, so assuming this is YC-related? How bizarre!

It's about the Yankee candle guest.

The lady who has posted has stated that the partner sent her abusive messages but then deleted them before she could screenshot them.
However this is actually impossible if the messages were sent on Facebook. The sender cannot delete messages they have sent to another person's inbox. Only the recipient can. I'm guessing that she may have accidently deleted them herself but she needs to be careful claiming something that is impossible to do.

Another lady has posted she has screenshotted messages sent to her, so it does seem that he has overreacted to the comments made about his partners hair on a closed group on Facebook.

I was under the impression that he was well liked, second only to the lady BA for the brand.

Unfortunate for him and his Q job that his partner is a bit of a wally.

It's about the Yankee candle guest.

The lady who has posted has stated that the partner sent her abusive messages but then deleted them before she could screenshot them.
However this is actually impossible if the messages were sent on Facebook. The sender cannot delete messages they have sent to another person's inbox. Only the recipient can. I'm guessing that she may have accidently deleted them herself but she needs to be careful claiming something that is impossible to do.

Another lady has posted she has screenshotted messages sent to her, so it does seem that he has overreacted to the comments made about his partners hair on a closed group on Facebook.

I would guess they were not private messages but on the actual post where you can delete.

Latest posts

Back