Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The S lady is well and truly on her soap box on the present post about postage.

Did anyone read the reply from the lady who did the survey?

The lady who commented about the £5.95 p and p for a nail polish item has set the ball rolling for others to comment about Q`s ridiculous charges but if Q add 2 quid extra on every p and p charge, then if that item is returned under their 30 day mbg that`s 2 quid more which Q gets to keep in their coffers and doesn`t have to refund.

The lady who commented about the £5.95 p and p for a nail polish item has set the ball rolling for others to comment about Q`s ridiculous charges but if Q add 2 quid extra on every p and p charge, then if that item is returned under their 30 day mbg that`s 2 quid more which Q gets to keep in their coffers and doesn`t have to refund.

Yep, the postage is a big con for that very reason. Fortunately, we on here have seen that and are wise to the QVC sneakiness. Although I always look at the total cost, including the P&P, so in a way it doesn't matter whether they make the product price less and the P&P artificially higher or vice versa, they will always have that way of making sure any refunds are minimised. I am pleased if the Facebookers are waking up to this and calling Q out on it but Q will never change their greedy ways.

Isn't that the woman who's models are relatives? I think one is her daughter and she likes to insult, prod and poke them live on air, yes what a charmer she is.

Thanks MM I thought it was her. A suspended sentence? Being loud and crass obviously pays off then, either that or she was giving the judge one.

Thanks MM I thought it was her. A suspended sentence? Being loud and crass obviously pays off then, either that or she was giving the judge one.
,oo
I remember she took JR to Canada with her on one of her jaunts, I wonder if they are still friends:thinking: £80,000 a year to guest present not a bad earner.

Shudder...

I think it's probably a more prosaic answer - personal opinions aside, DF is a bl**dy good saleswoman and likely one of, if not the best Q has, so they turn a blind eye to her shameless self-promotion as she makes them a lot of money.

I'm inclined to agree with you diagnosis. But here's a thought: if she's that good when doing half a job... How much more would she sell if she focused on the job at hand, rather than promoting her personal projects on QVC's, the brand's and our dime?

Back in the day I used to be pleased when Debbie was presenting; she knew her stuff, focused on what a customer needs to know... Always went through sizes and important information... Then she morphed into this arrogant self serving behaviour which is such a turn-off.

By contrast you have mainly male presenters who still bother to prepare for shows; take the trouble to look smart; and ask the questions we would want to ask. I like Miceal as an interviewer particularly... He did fantastically when they had Jimmy Connors on one time... It gave me quite a different perspective on him.

Its the company who pay for the ambassadors/guests not QVC. If it was them we would be demanding they sack half of them.

Oh and the Nails Inc set dropped a whole one pound in its P&P. Get on your knees and worship the power of QVC:rock:

I'm inclined to agree with you diagnosis. But here's a thought: if she's that good when doing half a job... How much more would she sell if she focused on the job at hand, rather than promoting her personal projects on QVC's, the brand's and our dime?

Back in the day I used to be pleased when Debbie was presenting; she knew her stuff, focused on what a customer needs to know... Always went through sizes and important information... Then she morphed into this arrogant self serving behaviour which is such a turn-off.

By contrast you have mainly male presenters who still bother to prepare for shows; take the trouble to look smart; and ask the questions we would want to ask. I like Miceal as an interviewer particularly... He did fantastically when they had Jimmy Connors on one time... It gave me quite a different perspective on him.

Totally agree with everything you've said maymorganlondon, but maybe working as a Q presenter isn't as well paid as it used to be so people are forced to self-promote to 'make ends meet'. I'm being a bit facetious, but for someone like DF, making money is obviously her main driver and Q doesn't pay enough for her I guess ;)

I do think some of the Q presenters are wasted, Miceal being one of them - he'd make a great talkshow host

i like michel he's a good presenter and easy to watch...qvc were really trying it with that £5.95 postage for nail varnish and remover. and this setscan be bought in tk max. really puts me off when the are conning the customer

OH OH!!!! A woman has had the phone call about too many returns. Not a letter but a phone call. She is outraged after shopping with them for 15 years to be told she returns too much. The usual why does the presenter not say when pushing the 30 day money back?

Well I see that the bug that Jackie spaniel ears had which kept us from our screens (gutted ....not) didn't stop her from a holiday in Brazil.

I see she didn't bother taking whatever the implement of torture was which perfected the spaniel ears look with her.

At least JK doesn't go down the self promoting route! She has 1 or 2 books out and have never heard her mention them on air during a show once! Now that's Dignity & Pride for you! Maybe others should take note :mysmilie_48:

She may not promote but neither does she make any effort to prepare for her shows simply because she is too bored to bother and makes it very obvious that she thinks she is too good for selly telly.

Yes but it has been deleted now.

I caught a bit of her presentation earlier and thought she was no better or worse than any other kitchen guest.

It was an extremely personal rant.

Latest posts

Back