Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I confess to liking him, nice and calm compared to the hyper-animated others. I think that's the Irish spelling and pronunciation of his name, but I'm useless with foreign names !

Thanks for that, I thought that may be the case. I also like him, he just seems like a nice chap and as you say, calm and allows the guest to speak, unlike most of the others!

I agree, I can't watch more than about 10 mins these days and I either switch over or mute it if it's a brand I like - what is it with his name, is that the actual Gaelic pronunciation or just a fancy-pants one?

This is the actual pronunciation, nothing fancy at all, just Irish for Michael! I confess to getting annoyed at people taking the piss out of his name, its a normal Irish name, its not that weird and its not hard to say, just learn it already!

This is the actual pronunciation, nothing fancy at all, just Irish for Michael! I confess to getting annoyed at people taking the piss out of his name, its a normal Irish name, its not that weird and its not hard to say, just learn it already!

I really wasn't taking the wotsit, just asking as I'd genuinely never heard the pronunciation before - I definitely know now, wowser!

I agree, I can't watch more than about 10 mins these days and I either switch over or mute it if it's a brand I like - what is it with his name, is that the actual Gaelic pronunciation or just a fancy-pants one?

They always pronounce his name in a strange way! Gets very annoying :mysmilie_13:

I really wasn't taking the wotsit, just asking as I'd genuinely never heard the pronunciation before - I definitely know now, wowser!

Oops, wasn't aimed at you! Sorry :) I just meant on the boards generally when people refer to him and give 14 different attempts at spelling his name and make out like its just so WEIRD. As a fellow Paddy it just irks me ;)

Oops, wasn't aimed at you! Sorry :) I just meant on the boards generally when people refer to him and give 14 different attempts at spelling his name and make out like its just so WEIRD. As a fellow Paddy it just irks me ;)

Ha ha, no worries - I totally get that frustration, my birth name is Tatjana (simples, no?) which you'd think would be easy enough to pronounce but from a relatively young age, I opted to be called Tanya to stop people mangling my name when they said it - doesn't stop people from mangling the spelling though, I've had all sorts including a scary new boss who called me 'Tonia' for two weeks before I summoned up the courage to correct him!

There is a fruit shop on the Ormeau Road which I use. Everyone I know just calls it Michael's :mysmilie_17:

My big brother who lives in Canada is very guilty of not knowing how to pronounce Irish names. On Skye he will mention an actress and spell the name, I tell him how to say it. Next time he mentions watching a film with her same conversation each time.

My oldest grand daughter has a Welsh name Maegan pronounced Maygan but the World and its wife always call her Megan which drives my Welsh daughter in law mad.

Hmmm, one of the more 'barking' requests made on Q's FB page methinks (no response as yet, fair point re the lack of diversity mind)

I just want to ask do u have any Chinese models as it is hard for me to even see what I would look good in. Dresses and tops [sic]

Erm, I don't know about anyone else, but I can look at any non-Caucasian model in some of Q's fashion and be absolutely sure it will not look good on me

Hmmm, one of the more 'barking' requests made on Q's FB page methinks (no response as yet, fair point re the lack of diversity mind)

I just want to ask do u have any Chinese models as it is hard for me to even see what I would look good in. Dresses and tops [sic]

Erm, I don't know about anyone else, but I can look at any non-Caucasian model in some of Q's fashion and be absolutely sure it will not look good on me

I'm presuming even Chinese woman have the same body parts, so pretty sure you'd still be able to tell that QVC fashion looks crap on woman of all shape, sizes and colour. :mysmilie_17:

At least the ladies (2 I think) who are obviously mad that their skin colouring isn't catered for in the various beauty shows have a fair point but I didn't really understand why a ethnic model was required for clothes.

I notice that the groupie who had a run in with Q has now become quite vocal in her criticism. Amazing how when it is you being messed around how suddenly it is no longer a luvvvvv in. Been there, done that and Q t shirt shrunk in the wash.

Anyone know why some of the posts have suddenly appeared in a huge font - at first glance you think that you are going to read something important only to find it is the usual crap.

Once again the "when is the next Diane Gilman show" being asked. The beauty bash is due anyday now as it must be a week since it was last asked.

At least the ladies (2 I think) who are obviously mad that their skin colouring isn't catered for in the various beauty shows have a fair point but I didn't really understand why a ethnic model was required for clothes.

I notice that the groupie who had a run in with Q has now become quite vocal in her criticism. Amazing how when it is you being messed around how suddenly it is no longer a luvvvvv in. Been there, done that and Q t shirt shrunk in the wash.

Anyone know why some of the posts have suddenly appeared in a huge font - at first glance you think that you are going to read something important only to find it is the usual crap.

Once again the "when is the next Diane Gilman show" being asked. The beauty bash is due anyday now as it must be a week since it was last asked.

I totally agree with those two ladies as they're quite right, Q never demos anything on darker skins, probably because there is rarely more than a couple of shades to choose from so other products are probably involved to make them look the right colour on their skin.

As for the ethnic models, just shows an astounding lack of imagination and a hefty dose of stupidity, sorry.

Yes I've noticed that too re the former Q acolyte (first name begins with an S, right?) she's now on the anti-soapbox good and proper, think it was a mistake for them to make an enemy of her ;)

The huge font is a dumb FB thing unfortunately.

I totally agree with those two ladies as they're quite right, Q never demos anything on darker skins, probably because there is rarely more than a couple of shades to choose from so other products are probably involved to make them look the right colour on their skin.

As for the ethnic models, just shows an astounding lack of imagination and a hefty dose of stupidity, sorry.

Yes I've noticed that too re the former Q acolyte (first name begins with an S, right?) she's now on the anti-soapbox good and proper, think it was a mistake for them to make an enemy of her ;)

The huge font is a dumb FB thing unfortunately.

Ah but the lady with the name beginning with S isn`t as green as she`s cabbage looking mark my words. She spends a fortune with Q and orders stuff almost daily and then when she`s skint or bored with items she kicks up a fuss with Q often finding fault with the items in the strangest of ways and quite often they refund her the whole amount including p and p and collect directly from her. She has it down to a fine art believe me and maybe just maybe, q have cottoned onto her and are beginning to stand their ground and she doesn`t like it. She can quite often be seen begging for EP`s and spends money like it going out of fashion and not just with Q.

Ah but the lady with the name beginning with S isn`t as green as she`s cabbage looking mark my words. She spends a fortune with Q and orders stuff almost daily and then when she`s skint or bored with items she kicks up a fuss with Q often finding fault with the items in the strangest of ways and quite often they refund her the whole amount including p and p and collect directly from her. She has it down to a fine art believe me and maybe just maybe, q have cottoned onto her and are beginning to stand their ground and she doesn`t like it. She can quite often be seen begging for EP`s and spends money like it going out of fashion and not just with Q.

Think you're right there, Vienna - definite whiff of sour grapes!

Latest posts

Back