Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its been pointed out time and time again on their FB page saying, the presenters still say order one in every colour or different sizes and see which suits.

Never ever a mention of if you return 50% you get the Letter.

Its been pointed out time and time again on their FB page saying, the presenters still say order one in every colour or different sizes and see which suits.

Never ever a mention of if you return 50% you get the Letter.

That's such a good point: if you order two or more of the same item in different colours or sizes so you can get the right/best one, by definition your "return rate" is going to be more than 50%. I used to think they couldn't possibly count this sort of return as part of your "return rate", nor returns because items are damaged, but I gather from past posts on here that everything you return, for whatever reason, counts against you in Q's calculations. Is that right?

That is certainly what I have inferred from posters on here. Anything sent back is a return, even if it is broken or doesn't fit, or indeed the wrong item, and counts as part of your returns rate. I have never returned anything under the MBG but have had breakages or incorrect items etc. When I checked my account it said Returned! I reckon their archaic IT system is so hopeless it can only report returns and give one figure. If they had different categories to differentiate between returning under the MBG and sending back a defective item etc they could be more accurate. But then that would require them to give a toss! I feel quite angry about this and it doesn't affect me at all. I think I would be incandescent if charged with returning clothes which didn't fit etc etc.

Especially when they are so poor at describing sizes on air.

It's all in the same ball park as being charged full price p&p for both when you order two of the same except in different colours or sizes.

In a nutshell QVC want their cake and to eat it. They want presenters to spin the blurb about buying more than one or trying and returning with the 30 day mbg or EP`s and so on but they don`t want returns or people sending back the items which don`t fit or are the wrong colour, faulty or previously used by someone else. In a way they are punishing the woman who got the letter for being a good customer and following the on screen gobble de gook to the letter of buying, trying, returning and paying through the nose for the privilege of doing so.
As mentioned above, if the presenters spent less time flogging books, retreats or talking about themselves and more time talking about sizes, fit and colours and were more honest in their sales techniques, then returns would probably drop. QVC can`t blame the customer for everything, they need to get their own house in order first.

..... That post by Louise someone is good, and I am glad she mentioned the falsehood behind the 30 day MBG. They should make it perfectly clear ON AIR that it is not applicable to everything you buy but limited to a certain percentage of your purchases.....

Ah, but it's not a falsehood and the 30 day MBG is applicable to everything you buy, because no matter how much you return they will give you your money back. The fact that if you return too much they may close your account doesn't stop you getting the refund, so they cleverly sidestep any accusations that the MBG is false. You get your money back but they won't let you buy anything more.

Another point, I see the infamous Beauty Freeloader Blogger is now calling herself an 'Entrepreneur'???? :mysmilie_520:

Will let you all digest this one!!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Another point, I see the infamous Beauty Freeloader Blogger is now calling herself an 'Entrepreneur'???? :mysmilie_520:

Will let you all digest this one!!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Ah, it's an alternative, less known definition of the word 'entrepreneur', Glittergirl : entre meaning pi55 and preneur meaning taker. I is a linguist and I knows!

Ah, it's an alternative, less known definition of the word 'entrepreneur', Glittergirl : entre meaning pi55 and preneur meaning taker. I is a linguist and I knows!

I will take your word for it AndiK! Certainly a Taker and not much of a Giver! :tongue:

Keep sending me the Freebies! :mysmilie_50:

Ah, but it's not a falsehood and the 30 day MBG is applicable to everything you buy, because no matter how much you return they will give you your money back. The fact that if you return too much they may close your account doesn't stop you getting the refund, so they cleverly sidestep any accusations that the MBG is false. You get your money back but they won't let you buy anything more.

Good point, Scout.

Interesting one earlier. Woman went to outlet and got some great bargains. Came home opened the boxes and still have the returns slips inside with customers' details all there. So name, address and QVC customer number.:doh::doh: Telling QVC they really need to check stuff before sending it to the outlet.

Wonder does this go again data protection act?

Interesting one earlier. Woman went to outlet and got some great bargains. Came home opened the boxes and still have the returns slips inside with customers' details all there. So name, address and QVC customer number.:doh::doh: Telling QVC they really need to check stuff before sending it to the outlet.

Wonder does this go again data protection act?

Q's eventual response?

'Very sorry to hear that, please call the shop'...erm, as the OP said, why the ****** hell should she do that???? It's astounding the lack of accountability Q has - they're probably only saved by their antiquated systems otherwise they would have been hacked ages ago with that kind of lax, uncaring attitude towards their customers' personal info. Shocking!

Weekly Dyson hairdryer post has arrived!

Oh good grief if this hairdryer doesn`t arrive soon or if it does arrive but either sells out too quickly or isn`t on EP then lots of forlorn females ( and possibly the odd male ) will be lying face down in a darkened room and crying into their pillows. It will be the end of the World for some and there`ll be tears before bedtime !

Read of some saying they want another as a gift. :mysmilie_1: Oh and it seems if its £270 then people are saying they will be buying for sure.

I mean £270!!!!! That is £29.99 off the RRP, who would be arsed?

Latest posts

Back