Strangest item ever?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What was QVC's strangest or naffest product ever? Was it the pelvic stimulator? The iJoy Ride? The false teeth jar disguised as a candle?

What was QVC's strangest or naffest product ever? Was it the pelvic stimulator? The iJoy Ride? The false teeth jar disguised as a candle?

You've certainly dug up some beauties there Julius. I bought and returned canister graters, oh yes a twin pack, that would only work if the cheese was Gibraltar rock hard, i.e. fit for the bin.

Speaking of hair, I do miss the days when they used to sell waxing products and AY would yank in a cameraman, order him up on to the bed, tell him to roll his trouser leg up and demonstrate the product on him.

Pink plastic flamingo. It lit up (think pink glow) but was probably on batteries because I think it was before they started solar lighting. Presented by Julian Ballantyne who struggled to present through his laughter. Wonder if Amanda Holden's flamingoes are similar.

In the sale after Christmas a few years ago they had two toddler-sized dolls, a boy & girl if I remember correctly, they were similar to rag dolls the only thing was that they were just the backs, as though sliced in half lengthwise. Sweetie Sutton was selling them & even she was bemused & befuddled but eventually suggested that they might look good in a nursery; I didn't know if she meant a child's room or day care centre but either way the poor kids would have been terrified.

The ladies incontinence device, Forget the name but they were tied up in knots trying to describe how to use it on live daytime TV.

Last edited:
The ladies incontinence device, Forget the name but they were tied up in knots trying to describe how to use it on live daytime TV.

Was it Athena - as in Greek goddess of wisdom or the shop that sells posters?

ZILO

A lump of metal that was supposed to stop odours when half immersed in water.

Very expensive "snake oil".

A complete confidence trick, utterly useless.

Thankfully, I missed most of the gut-wrenchingly funny intimate items mentioned on here, but have enjoyed a really good laugh reading everyone's comments. For me, it has to be last Christmas, when they attempted to sell some truly dreadful 'Christmas ornaments' for your lounge, stag's heads, mock bronze reindeer, etc. They were just like the tat you might have expected to find as a funfair prize. Watching Debbie Flint attempting to tell us how 'classy' they would make our lounges look was one of the selly telly high spots of 2016 - just hilarious. The late, great, Victoria Wood could have made a show out of it.

ZILO

A lump of metal that was supposed to stop odours when half immersed in water.

Very expensive "snake oil".

A complete confidence trick, utterly useless.

it did work but so does rubbing your hands on the stainless steel kitchen taps after you cut onion or garlic :mysmilie_13:

it did work but so does rubbing your hands on the stainless steel kitchen taps after you cut onion or garlic :mysmilie_13:

Confession time - - - - - -

I bought the large ZILO, scientifically tested it, proved to myself it didn't work, then returned it for a full refund inc collection and my P&P.

But later, I thought it was a very attractive piece of stainless steel (according to the hype, "SPECIAL" stainless steel) and it came with a midnight blue glass dish to half-immerse it in (more pseudo-scientific gobble-de-gook)

So I bought it again! "embarrassed red face emoji"

Thankfully, I missed most of the gut-wrenchingly funny intimate items mentioned on here, but have enjoyed a really good laugh reading everyone's comments. For me, it has to be last Christmas, when they attempted to sell some truly dreadful 'Christmas ornaments' for your lounge, stag's heads, mock bronze reindeer, etc. They were just like the tat you might have expected to find as a funfair prize. Watching Debbie Flint attempting to tell us how 'classy' they would make our lounges look was one of the selly telly high spots of 2016 - just hilarious. The late, great, Victoria Wood could have made a show out of it.
I was chatting to someone who used to work in the call centre at Knowsley when she was a student and apparently, when the last guaranteed delivery day before Christmas was fast approaching, they used to sell off all the festive tat to the staff for ridiculously low, token prices of around 20 pence!

Twenty pence? The staff were done!! :mysmilie_17:
I was chatting to someone who used to work in the call centre at Knowsley when she was a student and apparently, when the last guaranteed delivery day before Christmas was fast approaching, they used to sell off all the festive tat to the staff for ridiculously low, token prices of around 20 pence!

Strato, your appointment for counselling is in the post....trust me, you need help...:mysmilie_17:
Confession time - - - - - -

I bought the large ZILO, scientifically tested it, proved to myself it didn't work, then returned it for a full refund inc collection and my P&P.

But later, I thought it was a very attractive piece of stainless steel (according to the hype, "SPECIAL" stainless steel) and it came with a midnight blue glass dish to half-immerse it in (more pseudo-scientific gobble-de-gook)

So I bought it again! "embarrassed red face emoji"

Latest posts

Back