Strangest item ever?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They also get 25 per-cent discount on all products. The presenters don't tell you that when they're talking about how they must get their order in for a 'superbly priced, value item' before it sells out.

Am enjoying the memories . Does anyone remember the scrub balls for laundry? Or how about the Swivel Sweeper that was demonstrated by an annoying South African man before that horrible little Fred Talbot lookalike took over ? (The one who always makes a mess on the floor). And who could forget the breast milk expressor with freezer bags ?

I bought an automatic floor polisher. It was actually just a ball that rolled around the floor, with a duster attached to it.

It didn't even last long before it would no longer move, so it went back for a full refund.

My PC has just bust (it cost nearly £800 from QVC), and it contained photos and details of everything I bought from Q.

I've salvaged the hard disk, and when I get time I'll start to post some photos of some of the ridiculous items I've bought, including the Zilo. BTW a google search couldn't find it so perhaps it is no longer being made.

What about that horrible easter bunny that was about 9 feet tall and looked like it was possessed by the devil ?

In the sale after Christmas a few years ago they had two toddler-sized dolls, a boy & girl if I remember correctly, they were similar to rag dolls the only thing was that they were just the backs, as though sliced in half lengthwise. Sweetie Sutton was selling them & even she was bemused & befuddled but eventually suggested that they might look good in a nursery; I didn't know if she meant a child's room or day care centre but either way the poor kids would have been terrified.

Yes they did a range for a while by Marie Osmond (sister of Danny), her dolls I use to equate to 'horror shows' such as 'chucky' and other horror movie's where it was rig de jeur to have dolls for atmospheric ambience.

I know more recently (I missed all those 'down their' products), Kenny was presenting the 'wonderbrush' for a while, how anyone can spend 10 minutes talking about a loo-brush is beyond me (guess I would never make a Q presenter), also Gill Gauntlet 'poo-pourie', is another, saying that though this is one 'jokey' type of product that does actually work. I have experienced something similar when I was in a restaurant once!

They also get 25 per-cent discount on all products. The presenters don't tell you that when they're talking about how they must get their order in for a 'superbly priced, value item' before it sells out.

Yeah, I read that somewhere, it is no wonder therefore that people like Chuntley and others will not buy their tech from anywhere else. If you do the maths and take a 1/4 of the price of the tech, then they are paying the 'average' retail price for the product, where as us 'muppets' are having to pay full 'Q price' and think that we have a bargin. For the Q coffers though I suppose if they make it an 'attractive' discount, then more money is going to stay in Q towers, which lets face it, is what they want at the end of the day!

Latest posts

Back