Supper Club by Althams Fine Foods TSV 30/01/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That Skinflint is so offensive at times - all times? Caught a snippet of this item’s presentation online today. The girl presenting it for Althams was under interrogation er…asked a loud and useless question from Flint along the lines of show us all about the product..She was doing her best until old Skin then suddenly crashed her shot, grabbed a box of whatever lurks inside, stopped her midway, waved the box at the camera saying “Let’s show them then”. If she‘d done that to me, in that way, when I was presenting diet custard pies, and I was being asked to SHOW THEM…SHOW THEM…I would have had the greatest pleasure in thrusting the said custard pie into her rude little face…Old c…

That Skinflint is so offensive at times - all times? Caught a snippet of this item’s presentation online today. The girl presenting it for Althams was under interrogation er…asked a loud and useless question from Flint along the lines of show us all about the product..She was doing her best until old Skin then suddenly crashed her shot, grabbed a box of whatever lurks inside, stopped her midway, waved the box at the camera saying “Let’s show them then”. If she‘d done that to me, in that way, when I was presenting diet custard pies, and I was being asked to SHOW THEM…SHOW THEM…I would have had the greatest pleasure in thrusting the said custard pie into her rude little face…Old c…
Flint is far too pushy and irritating. She sells me nothing.

I can understand some people buying ready meals,I do sometimes usually M&S but these from QVC @ over £40? I would want to try 1 meal first from a brand not have a full delivery & find they are not to my taste or a waste of money.There are better and cheaper ways getting convenience meals out there, not to mention the oven cooking.QVC & food do not go together IMO.

It just seems a crazy way to buy what you can get and better more conventionally elsewhere.

I can recall buying some chocolates from Hotel Chocolat one Christmas from them. I think it was not far off £50 for two boxes. A month later, one and a half boxes remained uneaten. Just far too much for a family of two and it was a case for me of being taken in by the broadcasting moment.

I also bought some Chunk of Devon pasties and sausage rolls after seeing them on the channel. But not from QVC. You had to pay two lots of postage and packing if you bought two packs, whereas by ordering with the company direct, you paid slightly more for the goods, but the postage was combined and in turn was cheaper than QVC. The food itself was good enough, but nothing fantastic. The acid test was I never bought them again. And that’s the problem with QVC and food and drink - you are buying expensively priced items and usually in a batch on just sight alone. Letting the clever visual presentation which often then fails to meet reality rule your head, and getting royally fleeced in the process. Buying what turns out to be ten poor pies when you could have tried just the one by other methods. Avoid!!

Please remember Hotel Chocolat have their own plantation sic sic😂
All these overheads don’t come cheap,and of course those dresses are not cheap(just the one then)and a set of new teeth to pronounce Hotel CHoc co Laaaattt.
What’s happened to the Baking Boys have they been dumped again????

She‘s got one and a half dresses now, I think. Richard Shops were having a closing down sale (in 1978) and she found one with 50 percent off to go with the other one from the clearance, pay over 48 weeks, range in the 1982 Burlington catalogue.

Latest posts

Back