Tat and more tat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I just know the minute I see Gill G and Ann D appear on my screen that it is definitely something which will never cross the doorway of my house.

And unfortunately Gill G is doing mega overtime at the moment.

I can't stand that nasal, sarf London drawl of GG her voice is soooo monotonous, it would be a good alternative to euthanasia.

You can tell Gill is a mate of DF hard sell or what :mysmilie_59: I know Gill is a huge fan of this forum btw ..... Not !!! :mysmilie_59:

I think the presenters who turn their hands to christmas but do other things the rest of the year are the least credible, but you've got to have at least a little pity for them having to be so enthusiastic about the kind of "value" items they are selling.

I find Beverley Cressman particularly hard to listen to she gets my vote for having the single worst voice on QVC... she can't really help that, but I can't seem to get beyond it. I was so disappointed when the lovely US guest stopped coming over for Sachi and our Beverley came on instead. Beverley also does a turn or two on the Christmas shows.

I don't mind Ann Dorrington - her style is enthusiastic but not too hard sell. I don't see her on very much, probably because I don't like/need/have an interest in most of what she sells on QVC at any time of year - I don't have a garden so hoses and mobiles for the garden aren't my thing.

Gill Gauntlett is on far too often. The word overexposed definitely springs to mind. She does her best to sell what she's asked to sell, and seems to be quite creative with how to use stuff, but claiming she has this that and the other at home, or that her dad does seriously undermines her credibility with me.

They've started wheeling out Linda De Magistris for Christmas stuff as well, I notice. She was on today with Jackie doing an illuminated JOY sign from the Home Reflections range.

About the only one of the multi-purpose guests who is OK is Gabrielle Bradshaw. I find her easy to listen to, she explains and demonstrates the products well, and isn't too hard sell.

As for our Abbi Horne - no. Just no! Doesn't matter what she is selling, she never tells you anything useful or worthwhile about the product.

I can't remember if Lorna Ko gets to do Christmas themed stuff - but I'm sure we'll see her with the bargain-end of the beauty tools, at least. I don't like her presentations. The are all exactly the same each time she presents a given product. Normally, her coming on screen is my cue to switch channels, switch off, or mute QVC.

i like gill gauntlet because she is fun to watch. but my returns rate has rocketed in the last few week as some of the christmas stuff is very poor quality and very overpriced. cs will be having a word with me soon as i am too fussy i cant waste £20 plus on something that looks like i bought it in walthamstow market for £2

Lol..Walthamstow market has some good tat....probably better than Q's if my recent Q purchase is anything to go by.

Lol..Walthamstow market has some good tat....probably better than Q's if my recent Q purchase is anything to go by.

thats funny lol some of the stuff not worth the postage horrible. still keep getting sucked in though

The safest way not to get sucked in is to not watch, or be reading this forum at the same time as you are watching. There is either a cautionary tale or a thought-provoking point of view to be had in many a thread.

My purchasing has dropped off, although I've made a couple of QVC purchases recently... Nothing... NOTHING... from the Christmas ranges though.

I think the presenters who turn their hands to christmas but do other things the rest of the year are the least credible, but you've got to have at least a little pity for them having to be so enthusiastic about the kind of "value" items they are selling.

I find Beverley Cressman particularly hard to listen to she gets my vote for having the single worst voice on QVC... she can't really help that, but I can't seem to get beyond it. I was so disappointed when the lovely US guest stopped coming over for Sachi and our Beverley came on instead. Beverley also does a turn or two on the Christmas shows.

I don't mind Ann Dorrington - her style is enthusiastic but not too hard sell. I don't see her on very much, probably because I don't like/need/have an interest in most of what she sells on QVC at any time of year - I don't have a garden so hoses and mobiles for the garden aren't my thing.

Gill Gauntlett is on far too often. The word overexposed definitely springs to mind. She does her best to sell what she's asked to sell, and seems to be quite creative with how to use stuff, but claiming she has this that and the other at home, or that her dad does seriously undermines her credibility with me.

They've started wheeling out Linda De Magistris for Christmas stuff as well, I notice. She was on today with Jackie doing an illuminated JOY sign from the Home Reflections range.

About the only one of the multi-purpose guests who is OK is Gabrielle Bradshaw. I find her easy to listen to, she explains and demonstrates the products well, and isn't too hard sell.

As for our Abbi Horne - no. Just no! Doesn't matter what she is selling, she never tells you anything useful or worthwhile about the product.

I can't remember if Lorna Ko gets to do Christmas themed stuff - but I'm sure we'll see her with the bargain-end of the beauty tools, at least. I don't like her presentations. The are all exactly the same each time she presents a given product. Normally, her coming on screen is my cue to switch channels, switch off, or mute QVC.
I totally agree with you, but I dislike most of the Christmas shows, because I think it's a lot of tat.

i like gill gauntlet because she is fun to watch. but my returns rate has rocketed in the last few week as some of the christmas stuff is very poor quality and very overpriced. cs will be having a word with me soon as i am too fussy i cant waste £20 plus on something that looks like i bought it in walthamstow market for £2

Like Gill too, explains the items well!! Can't bring myself to buy any of this Christmas tat, most of it looks really awful and very market like TBH! :mysmilie_14:

it is...most of it looks ok on the tv but dreadful when you get it. if you bought 4 lots of tat it could easily be £100 or more.

Latest posts

Back