The Body Rescue Plan. Has it been postponed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Christianne just came on the morning show (just before turned it off!) and Catherine said she and C on together soon... Christianne looks a bit like her sister but quite fake tanned and v smiley. Cathy and Catherine both simpering about how it's changed their life and said Craig now doing it and Claire has lost a stone with it (saw her doing body blade last week and she looked really quite thin)...
The book/programme is part of the recent craze for 'cleansing' (which has no real basis in science) and completely sugar free combined with some meditation/mindfulness type work. Not sure what the exercise side of the plan involves.

On now!!

I have decided to give it a try for a few months. I am on my own little transformation programme I suppose you could say. New job, new mindset, I might as well lose a bit of weight as well. I am very sceptical but Catherine looks incredible so if it works for her maybe it will work for me. I have never been interested in yoga and meditation but I am so sick of stress seeming to dominate my life that a light switch has gone off in my head as if by magic and I am determined to change things.

I'm going to a singing class ...should have been next Wednesday but put back to the 28 th Jan .....well it's a love of the musicals singing class anyway .....I honestly cannot wait ....I know it will lift me.......just hoping it's not cancelled ....2 other courses I joined were .....fingers crossed ....I can't sing btw lol ....just adore the musicals ...want to build my self esteem ....gillian Riley says that should come before any weightloss ......people can lose weight and still,not have this so ....giving it all a go ...her books are great ...I highly recommend ...

Good luck weather girl ....looking forward to hearing about your experience with it ....really hoping for you it helps loads :mysmilie_59:

I have decided to give it a try for a few months. I am on my own little transformation programme I suppose you could say. New job, new mindset, I might as well lose a bit of weight as well. I am very sceptical but Catherine looks incredible so if it works for her maybe it will work for me. I have never been interested in yoga and meditation but I am so sick of stress seeming to dominate my life that a light switch has gone off in my head as if by magic and I am determined to change things.

Good luck!! I am totally with you on the stress thing. I have got to the stage in life where I too am contemplating things I used to poo-poo previously. Stay focussed and keep us updated. You can do it!

BTW - is this product available on QVC yet? I noticed Christianne tweeted about it selling really well already but I haven't spotted it on the Q website.

ETS: Oops! Only read last few posts, can see now that it's been on this morning!

Thanks Autumn!! I would be interested to see some of the recipes, but am not concerned with the 'plan' as such. Although I guess a good Google would produce processed sugar-free recipes.

Stress… I bought P McKenna’s book a week ago and have been listening to his CD morning and night , it really does help so far so I’m going to keep up.

A few unhappy people on Fb as A lady bought this book earlier in the week and was only changed £10 and No P&P, she even posted a screen shot to prove the price, Qvc are keeping quiet on the matter atm...

I saw it this morning with FREE P & P, went online and it was showing £2.95 P & P, so checked TV again, still said FREE, went online again and it said no longer available?!? Got so fed up I switched off at that point! TBH, it has done me a favour and stopped me spending anymore money, after saying I wanted to curb my spending, I did actually give in to the Decleor TSV.

I also saw to comment with the lady who paid £10...they've certainly got some Gremlins

Stress… I bought P McKenna’s book a week ago and have been listening to his CD morning and night , it really does help so far so I’m going to keep up.

Glenn Harrold does loads of self help CD's, mp3's etc, he's really good...I very often fall asleep listening to him and much prefer his voice over Pauls.

That's interesting, personally I cannot bear listening to either Paul McKenna or Glenn Harrold! I find them both creepy and just dislike their voices and 'style' but great if people find them helpful..
But I have to put a word in for the fabulous Andrew Johnson.

Here's a link to some of his apps on amazon - some are free, some around £2 - Deep Sleep is especially good. Or you can get as apps via App Store (think they're doing a free offer on android ATM) or buy as mp3 files or CDs too.
He has the most soothing soft Scottish voice (put Anne's accent out of your head!!) and is professional and SO effective for relaxion and stress relief.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007QGEGDI/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

My other tip if you're interested more in the meditation and mindfulness side of things (for stress relief or just for a more balanced state of mind etc), is a book by professor Mark Williams. If you have a kindle, you can that version of the full programme including all of the audio exercises (guided mediations and relaxations ) for under £5 - bargain IMHO! Just don't try too hard if you do give this a go - it's not something can force if you know what I mean...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004TTHD9O/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Last edited:
Bid of blurb on mindfulness and the above book specifically (based on MBCBT):

MINDFULNESS reveals a set of simple yet powerful practices that you can
incorporate into daily life to help break the cycle of anxiety, stress,
unhappiness, and exhaustion. It promotes the kind of happiness and
peace that gets into your bones. It seeps into everything you do and
helps you meet the worst that life throws at you with new courage.

The book is based on Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). MBCT
revolves around a straightforward form of mindfulness meditation which
takes just a few minutes a day for the full benefits to be revealed.
MBCT has been clinically proven to be at least as effective as drugs for
depression and is widely recommended by US physicians and the UK's
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence - in other words,
it works. More importantly it also works for people who are not
depressed but who are struggling to keep up with the constant demands of
the modern world.

MBCT was developed by the book's author, Oxford professor Mark Williams, and his colleagues at the Universities
of Cambridge and Toronto. By investing just 10 to 20 minutes each day,
you can learn the simple mindfulness meditations at the heart of MBCT
and fully reap their benefits. The book includes links to audio
meditations to help guide you through the process. You'll be surprised by
how quickly these techniques will have you enjoying life again.

This enhanced ebook includes audio meditations read by Professor Mark Williams, which may only be played on compatible devices.

I have a Kindle and am about to give MINDFULLNESS a go. Thank you so much for the recommendation and for the best wishes of everyone. I will certainly keep you posted. Christianne Wolff book is on advanced order (can't remember the date) so I have time to do a bit more damage until I start!

Hi weather girl best of luck with your new starts on all fronts - really hope they bring you some better balance to your life... I first got into mindfulness as an approach for chronic pain. I'm actually friends with Shamash Alidina - he wrote the dummies guide to mindfulness (and another dummies book on relaxation) so you could sign up to his free newsletter too. His books are great too but maybe a bit more over whelming and less focused to start... But for an easy start I would download the Andrew Johnson app or track and enjoy that for 40 mins of soothing! X

That's interesting, personally I cannot bear listening to either Paul McKenna or Glenn Harrold! I find them both creepy and just dislike their voices and 'style' but great if people find them helpful..
But I have to put a word in for the fabulous Andrew Johnson.

Here's a link to some of his apps on amazon - some are free, some around £2 - Deep Sleep is especially good. Or you can get as apps via App Store (think they're doing a free offer on android ATM) or buy as mp3 files or CDs too.
He has the most soothing soft Scottish voice (put Anne's accent out of your head!!) and is professional and SO effective for relaxion and stress relief.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007QGEGDI/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

My other tip if you're interested more in the meditation and mindfulness side of things (for stress relief or just for a more balanced state of mind etc), is a book by professor Mark Williams. If you have a kindle, you can that version of the full programme including all of the audio exercises (guided mediations and relaxations ) for under £5 - bargain IMHO! Just don't try too hard if you do give this a go - it's not something can force if you know what I mean...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004TTHD9O/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I find it impossible to take seriously, a guy who made his name and his money as a magician, and have faith in his ability as a life coach. I am an innate sceptic, when claims abound about helping you lose weight, and to stop smoking, from the same individual. It is essentially, imo, a money making venture. Tony Robbins, Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra are more sagacious and knowledgeable regarding the philosophy of achieving a beneficial life balance, and overcoming any obstacles life, as it invariably does, presents.

Latest posts

Back