"The shopping channel bubble!"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter's bought the L'oreal set back cos he was selling it while Murray was on earlier

Was it any good Momma? I knew they were selling it this afternoon. Edit- I just saw your reply, good to see another decent buy. I cannot quite believe i'm saying this but I actually found Peter's monologue rather funny.

Weatherman Bod is selling a Shoe Rack that holds 21 pairs of shoes. He won't be buying that then.

Last edited:
Quite Momma. I know that the designer Bijan has a rich heritage and that they have a boutique in Beverly Hills but that dosen't mean too much with off the shelf items like fragrances.

Take Pierre Cardin for example, I know of its history in couture but you can also buy Cardin branded goods like 10 packs of polyester mix socks and cheapo jewellery (in fact Bid has sold it) which is complete tatt, and it's priced accordingly.

Nobody but nobody is telling me that Bijan Fragrances are top drawer when nowhere of note sells it in the UK, and it can be picked up for a fiver on Amazon! But i'll give Bid fair warning, they need to cut out the exaggeration of what it's worth (i'll rephrase that, Dirty Peter needs to cut it out!). They may well be nice fragrances but it simply cannot be considered to be worth over £30 when it's widely, and I mean widely available for less than a tenner!.

It's funny you should say that
The other evening Pervy Pete was selling a gemstone and sterling silver necklace and he stated 'you'd expect to pay £140/£120 for this'
I've asked Bid on which evidence he based the research for this claim so I'll let you know what their reply is! :giggle: :mysmilie_503:

It's funny you should say that
The other evening Pervy Pete was selling a gemstone and sterling silver necklace and he stated 'you'd expect to pay £140/£120 for this'
I've asked Bid on which evidence he based the research for this claim so I'll let you know what their reply is! :giggle: :mysmilie_503:

I'm guessing that saying 'You'd expect or 'I'd expect' is probably considered very differently to 'We'd expect' by the ASA. However, it is simply incredulous of them to expect us to believe that the presenter hasn't been fully briefed on an item, and it's expected sale price.

But he has definitely said 'We'd expect this to go for £34.99' and by 'We'd' he surely can't mean anyone else than Sit Up, and that's probably naughty. Tutt Tutt.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that saying 'You'd expect or 'I'd expect' is probably considered very differently to 'We'd expect' by the ASA. However, it is simply incredulous of them to expect us to believe that the presenter hasn't been fully briefed on an item, and it's expected sale price.

But he has definitely said 'We'd expect this to go for £34.99' and by 'We'd' he surely can't mean anyone else than Sit Up, and that's probably naughty. Tutt Tutt.

hmmm, I'm thinking it all comes down to semantics but the impression of 'we'd expect' is that it's the opinion of the channels.........naughty naughty!

It annoys me when they sell bracelets without verbally or graphically stating what the metal it is made from. What if someone was allergic to that metal, never mind how much it is really [not]worth.

PJ

Has anyone noticed they sold two well known perfume brands leading into the final one which is Prestige Honey. Despite selling Rochas and Prada they are both really bigging this brand as the best of the night, going so far to call it 'the star of the show' but as far as I can see it's another nothing brand.

And surprise surprise they have a massive quantity, they really are shady so and so's.

Last edited:
Bidtv turning into a beauty and jewellery channel.How boring.

Oh Wirral70 it's a lovely fragrance in a lovely bottle.........,

Hi Peter, maybe it is a lovely fragrance but it seemed a bid odd for it to receive star billing after having sold Rochas, Prada and Penhaligon's (and well done for getting those in).

But again, very limited details were given about the brand other than it's sold in the thousands in Dubai. Look as I may I cannot find any information about it.

Last edited:
Hi Peter, maybe it is a lovely fragrance but it seemed a bid odd for it to receive star billing after having sold Rochas, Prada and Penhaligon's (and well done for getting those in).

But again, very limited details were given about the brand other than it's sold in the thousands in Dubai. Look as I may I cannot find any information about it.

I think Wirral makes a good point Peter. To be fair to you it is a problem of many products bid sell. You search for CK Obsession, the top web search is CK website, followed by thousands of shops selling it. You get nothing like that with things you sell.

Any closer to free testers? They maybe amazing but different people's skin react differently but we can't go into Boots to test it as they don't sell your brands. Also isnt it true you can't return opened ones now?

PJ

I too would love the fragrance testers, even those mini bottles you sometimes get it packs of 6 different fragrances would be great to buy for around the £10'er mark. If I got a tester bottle/strip & I liked the fragrance I would happily multi buy the product.. but buying an unknown fragrance obviously will limit most of us to a single purchase until we know if we actually like it.

I too would love the fragrance testers, even those mini bottles you sometimes get it packs of 6 different fragrances would be great to buy for around the £10'er mark. If I got a tester bottle/strip & I liked the fragrance I would happily multi buy the product.. but buying an unknown fragrance obviously will limit most of us to a single purchase until we know if we actually like it.

Good call Mr M.

As for Prestige Honey, to me it sounds more like a Kitchen Appliance.

Or even a pan.

Or laminate flooring, as google took me to :wink:

Call me a cynic but when Peter said it sells well in Dubai it did cross my mind whether it could be from the same stable as The House of Jean Paul DuPont, but going from the two Peter's description of the product it's maybe from the more luxurious, couture arm of the company?

I think Wirral makes a good point Peter. To be fair to you it is a problem of many products bid sell. You search for CK Obsession, the top web search is CK website, followed by thousands of shops selling it. You get nothing like that with things you sell.

Any closer to free testers? They maybe amazing but different people's skin react differently but we can't go into Boots to test it as they don't sell your brands. Also isnt it true you can't return opened ones now?

PJ

Actually PJ I think I have done the Prestige Parfums Paris brand a disservice, it's clearly better known than I originally thought. They have 21 likes on facebook :grin:

Dirty Peter is selling Bijan Nude for Men, he says it's the most luxurious men's fragrance they have brought us, ever. And he added 'it is sold in the highest, highest echelons of retail departments'. Maybe so, but not in the UK it isn't. And yet again he is saying if Bijan find out they are selling it they will stop them.

Silly man.

Last edited:
Actually PJ I think I have done the Prestige Parfums Paris brand a disservice, it's clearly better known than I originally thought. They have 21 likes on facebook :grin:

Dirty Peter is selling Bijan Nude for Men, he says it's the most luxurious men's fragrance they have brought us, ever. And he added 'it is sold in the highest, highest echelons of retail departments'. Maybe so, but not in the UK it isn't. And yet again he is saying if Bijan find out they are selling it they will stop them.

Silly man.

Perhaps we should email Bijan & ask them about Peter Simons comments :giggle:

Email: [email protected]

I hear they like feedback :sun:

Perhaps we should email Bijan & ask them about Peter Simons comments :giggle:

Email: [email protected]

I hear they like feedback :sun:

Good idea Mr M and while we're at it we should ask if they're happy that fragrance luminaries such as The Cosmetics Factory, Cheap Beauty Online or AKT Perfume are selling it for as little as £4.99, I bet they'll be furious :grin:

Peter Sherlock has an interesting take on the Prestige range of fragrances exclusivity with Bid. He says that people are looking for gifts and fragrances that aren't available on the High Street, maybe he's right.

But be warned guys, it may not be exclusive to Bid for long, 'Why?' said Peter. He added that the Distributors have the right to approach other retailers but Peter has a meeting with them on Thursday to try and stop them approaching other retailers. So, with that in mind he said 'let's relish the exclusivity while we can'.

I have a feeling that Peter may just be able to secure that exclusivity, but that's just a hunch :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back