Thomas Kinkade - Tonight with Lisa Brash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think she needs to have a ''art off'' with macdonald to see who can shift the most art

I suspect macdonald doesn't stand a chance

Steve's technical knowledge is sound but he perhaps doesn't possess the fervent passion and artistic appetite of Lisa Brash, this is why her views are so respected by her peers such as Charles Saatchi and Alistair Sooke.

It's her hunger for culture that makes her view so sought after.

Lisa needs a connection with her protégés, I'm happy to say that's what she has with me.

I feel Debbie's scope is not yet expansive enough to embrace Lisa's challenging teachings. Her message is clear and one filled with inspiration and hope but it can overwhelm.

I haven't forgotten the connection she had with her 'iron' a while back

I'd love to see Lisa Brash present a Gayford art evening with Steve Macdonald as her assistant. That way we would get a double whammy of art knowledge in one go. Sit-up management if you are reading this please do it!

I haven't forgotten the connection she had with her 'iron' a while back

Lisa is prepared to put herself in harms way for her art, this is what makes her stand out.

I have long said that irons can be dangerous, even when cold.

Lisa is an interesting character. When she sells the Snake Serum she often explains her Mam bought it when it used to go for £60 which Lisa said is about half her weekly wage which proves how highly she rates it.

It got me thinking, how does Mam Brash afford all those dozens and dozens of products she supposedly buys from Sit-Up if she has such a low income?

Perhaps Lisa gets her a discount, I do hope so considering just how much business the Brash family put their way. They deserve it.

It's just a pity Lisa shelled out for an expensive iPad instead of a Yarvik and continues to get Botox when Skin Pharmacy is so reasonably priced yet incredibly effective. She missed out on some bargains there.

Steve sells art for profit. lisa sells art to further fund her passion for selling art.

Mr Tom that's a true epiphany, a eureka moment you've had
you've never said a truer word
Wirral and I are reeling from this revelation and realisation of Lisa's selfless knowledge, talent and artistic insight, it's so good to know we have another enlightened person on board - another scholar hungry for the teachings of Brash
we're on a real journey with her now, be prepared for raw emotion, inner conflict, mental turmoil and what will appear to be insurmountable challenges because, believe me, she will challenge us every step of the way
the three of us need to take inspiration from her strength, dedication and passion, there's no tuning back now
all for one and one for all!

Wirral and I are reeling from this revelation and realisation of Lisa's selfless knowledge, talent and artistic insight, it's so good to know we have another enlightened person on board - another scholar hungry for the teachings of Brash
we're on a real journey with her now, be prepared for raw emotion, inner conflict, mental turmoil and what will appear to be insurmountable challenges because, believe me, she will challenge us every step of the way
the three of us need to take inspiration from her strength, dedication and passion, there's no tuning back now

Such pertinent and perceptive words deedee.

I feel you are also on the journey of discovery and artistic enlightenment that I embarked on this summer. Lisa's movement is one that embraces everyone if you're prepared to open your mind to visions and cultures afar.

As I type I'm looking deep into the strokes of Kinkade's 'Village Lighthouse' that I was lucky enough to add to my fledgling collection*

The pain and sadness is palpable.

*This may or may not be a factual statement. Let's say at this stage it's only a rumour.

Can someone fill me in on what a mere novice should look out for and grasp, forthwith to grow and flourish as you lot are?

Maybe I don't watch her enough but I know what a tiger/lion/skunk looks like thanks very much, I have been to many a zoo. I feel I know her Mam but I have never clapped eyes on her. I am gaining insight into what the art 'should have gone for' in monetary terms and gather they are an absolute bargain. That's it! Is my mind not open enough? Are my eyes wide shut?

:mysmilie_17:

Can someone fill me in on what a mere novice should look out for and grasp, forthwith to grow and flourish as you lot are?

Maybe I don't watch her enough but I know what a tiger/lion/skunk looks like thanks very much, I have been to many a zoo. I feel I know her Mam but I have never clapped eyes on her. I am gaining insight into what the art 'should have gone for' in monetary terms and gather they are an absolute bargain. That's it! Is my mind not open enough? Are my eyes wide shut?

You've taken the first tentative step by merely asking the questions Momma, I find that encouraging.

We were all novices once, even me. Just accept Lisa's word, embrace her lessons. The rest will follow but be patient, don't forget that even people like Melvyn Bragg occasionally seeks her advices.

Open your mind (and then your purse).

Such pertinent and perceptive words deedee.

I feel you are also on the journey of discovery and artistic enlightenment that I embarked on this summer. Lisa's movement is one that embraces everyone if you're prepared to open your mind to visions and cultures afar.

As I type I'm looking deep into the strokes of Kinkade's 'Village Lighthouse' that I was lucky enough to add to my fledgling collection*

The pain and sadness is palpable.

*This may or may not be a factual statement. Let's say at this stage it's only a rumour.

thank you Wirral, coming from you, someone I admire and respect, I'm truly flattered
I really don't feel worthy to be commenting in front of you as my journey has only just begun and you're further down the pathway to enlightenment
I can only dream of being as wise and educated as one such as you
However, I have had a day of contemplation and really tried to pay this artwork the respect it's due
I've been immersing myself in Kinkade's 'mountain retreat', such a powerful and evocative piece which appears filled with beauty but as I'm drawn in I'm getting an overwhelming sense of loneliness and isolation
For me, the message is about beauty but also about loneliness. In my mind he's highlighting that there can be isolation even in beauty which clearly translates to the human race.

thank you Wirral, coming from you, someone I admire and respect, I'm truly flattered
I really don't feel worthy to be commenting in front of you as my journey has only just begun and you're further down the pathway to enlightenment
I can only dream of being as wise and educated as one such as you
However, I have had a day of contemplation and really tried to pay this artwork the respect it's due
I've been immersing myself in Kinkade's 'mountain retreat', such a powerful and evocative piece which appears filled with beauty but as I'm drawn in I'm getting an overwhelming sense of loneliness and isolation
For me, the message is about beauty but also about loneliness. In my mind he's highlighting that there can be isolation even in beauty which clearly translates to the human race.

Can I just say deedee that I found your words not only moving but powerful. I had a moment there.

The key is to believe in Lisa's message. I'm big enough to admit that there was a time not so long ago that I wasn't a believer, if the truth be told I thought Lisa was something of a bullshitter who was so self absorbed she would rather eat herself than chocolate.

However, that is all in the past. She has given me the confidence to believe that even a Joe Bloggs like me can embrace art, and even buy it at a price that is much lower than it really should be.

The measure of Lisa is that she offers works by Kinkade at prices lower than what she charged to frame paintings alone.

That is what you call selfless art philanthropy and that is her true legacy. She is a real patron of the arts and if anyone says to the contrary I can only conclude they are philistines extraordinaire.

Momma, I agree with Wirral that you may have taken the first tentative step by asking the question but let me be quite clear, you must open your mind and then your eyes will be opened for you
You need to embrace her teachings and not worry about lack of knowledge or appreciation at this point, it will come in time
Be open, patient and receptive and your life will be changed as mine was
Oh, and a word to the wise, we never mention cost, it's vulgar to tarnish something like a Kinkade by discussing money, this is art so maybe hat could be your first lesson Momma, art for art's sake
Come and join us, you'll never look back

Wirral, I'm humbled that my words moved you, I'm just a simple country girl striving to appreciate what is probably out of her league
It appears Momma is also coming on board, my goodness, I bet Lisa has no idea how powerful her message is or how far reaching her philosophies are
Mind you, she would never take the credit which makes her all the more unique, she's so beautifully self unaware, it's charming

Momma, I agree with Wirral that you may have taken the first tentative step by asking the question but let me be quite clear, you must open your mind and then your eyes will be opened for you
You need to embrace her teachings and not worry about lack of knowledge or appreciation at this point, it will come in time
Oh, and a word to the wise, we never mention cost, it's vulgar to tarnish something like a Kinkade by discussing money, this is art so maybe hat could be your first lesson Momma, art for art's sake

Wirral, I'm humbled that my words moved you, I'm just a simple country girl striving to appreciate what is probably out of her league
It appears Momma is also coming on board, my goodness, I bet Lisa has no idea how powerful her message is or how far reaching her philosophies are
Mind you, she would never take the credit which makes her all the more unique, she's so beautifully self unaware, it's charming

Exactly deedee, she would modestly brush aside any kind of praise.

She is a private person, not one to say too much about herself. Her modesty makes her all the more enchanting.

Just to be clear, I'm not into cruising :wonder:

Sadly there is no artwork on Lisa's show tonight but she does have on offer that splendid gold and black zebra tunic that Sally delighted us with a few weeks ago.

And Dirty Peter has a fragrance for the ladies that I haven't seen before. It's from the House of DuPont and it's called 'Wild Instinct Tigress'.

Why not buy both?

Latest posts

Back