Tignanello Handbags TSV 4/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

back when it was first launched the price point was quite low maybe even accepted that it was not all leather. now the price point is very high considering leather has become much more affordable

A few years ago there was a make of bag that Julia raved about, she never ever mentioned the fabric composition - looked liked leather, but she always carefully avoided coming out with plastic - which in effect what it was. They were all very blingy with lots of hardware, and I think the logo was a K.

I'm having a senior moment (sadly now nearer the mortuary than the menopause), but it was a husband and wife team - (Bruce & Kathy??) he produced the upmarket soft leather bags, and she did the cheap nasty ones I mentioned above. I can rely that someone on here will know who I'm talking about. They were regulars in the bag market on Q, but they've gone the rest of the old vendors.

A few years ago there was a make of bag that Julia raved about, she never ever mentioned the fabric composition - looked liked leather, but she always carefully avoided coming out with plastic - which in effect what it was. They were all very blingy with lots of hardware, and I think the logo was a K.

I'm having a senior moment (sadly now nearer the mortuary than the menopause), but it was a husband and wife team - (Bruce & Kathy??) he produced the upmarket soft leather bags, and she did the cheap nasty ones I mentioned above. I can rely that someone on here will know who I'm talking about. They were regulars in the bag market on Q, but they've gone the rest of the old vendors.

Barry Makowzki I think and Kathy van Zealand. Must admit to getting one of her bags from somewhere , paid about £15 for it. At the time they were selling them for about £45 or so on QVC, lasted me ages.

I got a Kathy Van Zeeland bag from Tie rack on Liverpool street Station years ago.It was a shiney pinky red.I loved it but it wasn't as expensive as they were on Q. I loved the plasticky bling of it and knew it wasn't leather. Gone to the charity shop now.

I got a Kathy Van Zeeland bag from Tie rack on Liverpool street Station years ago.It was a shiney pinky red.I loved it but it wasn't as expensive as they were on Q. I loved the plasticky bling of it and knew it wasn't leather. Gone to the charity shop now.

Yes Tie Rack, thanx Turandot, mine was black with a lovely blue patterned lining, gone to Charity shop. I don't buy leather as I am a vegetarian .

I liked the leather tigs they sold a few years ago. A glove leather bucket style slouch one with candy stripe lining. Also like the old French Tote but it is a bit too small for my needs. Have not bought a tig for about 3 years now. I have a Fossil leather one, a saddle bag from clarks and a mulberry. The rest of my bags are synthetic. A couple of Desiguals (having fallen for the brand after an Amazon lightning deal), a couple of kiplings and a couple from Tesco. Leather ones can be so heavy!

I haven't bought any bags for months now, mainly because I don't need any more.

As a TSV it was still £79.92 instead of £95, so fifteen quid off.

The postage costs (and if you have to return items) are rediculous, considering a lot of the larger web sellers are offering free postage AND free returns. That said, I still buy too much off QVC.

I've just bought some Skechers Go Walk 3 from CLOGGS UK, with free postage if you spend over £60 and free returns. With PAVERS, you can pay £1.80 up front for any returns, or return to one of their stores for free. Great if you just wanna try on....SORRY...went off on a tangent there on postage.....lol

Yet another TSV where all the options were available to the bitter end (albeit 4 of them were on advanced orders).

Well done Tinkerbelle :clapping: what make is it?

The Tig French Tote :eek:). It was this thread that prompted me to go and look. Real bargain. I know some on the trim is PVC. I've always known that but I don't mind. And at £13 I'm a very happy bunny. Looks barely used. Oops that'll be Tig number 10.

I did like one of the bags until JR said that it was the perfect size for her to keep her book in - yes, HER book! She duly produced it and announced that it was still available on Q and the item number would be appearing at the bottom of the screen. Turned me right off.

I did not like the look of this bag at all. I think it was the colours. The last TSV they did was alot better in my opinion. Was it cheaper too?

I think they thought if they put an inner lining of kitchen foil in the card pockets and sold it as new 'technology' that these plastic/leather bags would become 'must have' and we'd all rush to replace our handbags what ever the price.

I did like one of the bags until JR said that it was the perfect size for her to keep her book in - yes, HER book! She duly produced it and announced that it was still available on Q and the item number would be appearing at the bottom of the screen. Turned me right off.

:mysmilie_51: Do you know what I wish QVC would do to both Debbie Flint and Julia Roberts? Fine them a week's wages for every mention of their books on air... people have to pay good money for advertising elsewhere, and I imagine that all the brands on QVC have to pay to be on there... then you have these two flogging their books shamelessly and taking time which brands have paid for away from them. Julia Roberts has plunged in my estimation ever since she decided to follow Debbie into self-publishing.

:mysmilie_51: Do you know what I wish QVC would do to both Debbie Flint and Julia Roberts? Fine them a week's wages for every mention of their books on air... people have to pay good money for advertising elsewhere, and I imagine that all the brands on QVC have to pay to be on there... then you have these two flogging their books shamelessly and taking time which brands have paid for away from them. Julia Roberts has plunged in my estimation ever since she decided to follow Debbie into self-publishing.

its called a second job must help with the electricity bill

its called a second job must help with the electricity bill
I have absolutely no problem with them having second jobs, in any insecure line of work (which media and creative arts jobs so often seem to be) it seems a sensible thing to do... but when they are on QVC broadcasting, I don't appreciate them touting for business for that second job.

Latest posts

Back