Up-to-date fashion please QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Coo well done on the bargains! I am lucky enough to have a shop locally that sells new and nearly new clothes. I think they pay the seller a fee and I've bought some stunning designer pieces in there. I have a sugar pink fine wool coat that I bought for £40 and then found the original price tag in the inside pocket ... £300!!

now thats a great bargain and you will wear it for years and look great in it.

qvc stuff is not really classic or classy just cheap in quality but not in price. i have bought stuff last year from qvc last clicks for £10 but thats my limit lol.

I am offended by QVC fashion and by how they are presented. To be screached at by the 'designers' and presenters that I am buying a quality item that will flatter all shapes and skims my lumps and bumps is so aggravating as they would say anything to shift their awful clothes. It's a clever designer that can create an item that will make everyone look good no matter their shape...but according to QVC they haven't a single item that I can't wear no matter my shape or size. A sack tied around the middle would be more stylish than this poor offering for todays TSV, even the models look shapeless in it. The colours are vile, the material cheap and the value for money is nil. I am sick of the awful choice on QVC and feel the company are treating their customers as fools trying to convince them that these awful clothes are desirable...fit for the rag bag only in my opinion. I'm sure there are loads of forum members who can list the wonderful QVC clothes they have but I believe their fashion is horrendous, sorry, it's not to my taste.

I bought a few bits from QVC fashion in the past. It wasn't because I liked the clothes particularly but because I was quite big (for me, I'm short) at the time, size 16/18. It was much less painful to buy something elasticated, roomy and anonymous off the telly which would be sent to my door, was guaranteed to fit over my backside and meant I didn't have to go through the humiliation of not fitting into size XL in the high street, being sneered at by the size 8 21-year old shop assistant or being seen with a Fat Girls Shop carrier bag. I am sure there are loads of people like me and that's who they sell to. An added bonus was that I was a Large in QVC clothing and there were always a couple of sizes bigger on offer which helped my patheticly fragile self-esteem no end. Not proud of this but I think it explains why sack-like clothing is a big winner for QVC.

The clothes are too expensive (I got 4 modal tops in the High Street for £35 - couldn't get one Yong Kim at that price). I think too many of the ranges (e.g. Dreamkeeper, Butler & Wilson, Pompoos) are more suitable for special occasion wear rather than every day wear and some of the US ranges QVC stock are too frumpy.

Even if i was remotely tempted to buy something, I would be worried about getting into trouble with returning too many items as I'd probably want to order things in a couple of sizes to check the fit. With so many high street shops having websites plus catalogue shopping I can't see the attraction in buying clothes from QVC :down:

Totally agree with you Pollybelle. The sales patter is what convinces purchasers they are buying lovely clothes but please don't think it's all great stuff, it's not. Watch with the volume down and use your eyes, the clothes make the models look bad and that takes some doing. Redrose, don't buy QVC clothes just because you can't face poor shop assistants...there are loads of on-line clothes retailers who offer much more in the way of style for people with all shapes and sizes....you don't need to buy a sack that ties around the middle just because the presenters convince you this is a good look!

Latest posts

Back