Internet retailers are kicking the QVC fashion sale well into the shade!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks just bought some Mary Jane style shoes from the Clarke's site in nubuck in white. The white ones were the only colour reduced

I remember Julia Roberts saying recently that 20% of QVC orders are placed via their website and 5% via the App. So, 75% of customers are still ringing up to order. I suspect there are quite a few who don't use the Internet or if they do, don't price compare and are none the wiser. Those are QVC's bread and butter customers who will buy stuff from QVC at an inflated price. So they can get away with not being competitive at times.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ATM a lot of their customers are probably fairly old! (I feel quite cheeky saying that!) and maybe aren't computer savvy, but that will all change. Q are going to have to up their game or they will crash and burn. They must surely realize this? I wonder how they plan to roll with the times?

ATM a lot of their customers are probably fairly old! (I feel quite cheeky saying that!) and maybe aren't computer savvy, but that will all change. Q are going to have to up their game or they will crash and burn. They must surely realize this? I wonder how they plan to roll with the times?

Yes I totally agree. Interesting point about only 20% ordering via the internet & 5% via the mobile app on Q currently on average! There's a saying "make hay while the sun shines" but when the sun goes down I think they'll be totally stuffed unless they start thinking about changing their ways as they seem very complacent at the mo' in terms of what clothing they offer, the price & the p&p charges per item!

I'd want to monitor those stats to see if they have changed since the new website. They have a brilliant call centre, and a useless website is bad for business but good news for call centre staff as they will be there longer than otherwise might be in Q's business plan.

I'd want to monitor those stats to see if they have changed since the new website. They have a brilliant call centre, and a useless website is bad for business but good news for call centre staff as they will be there longer than otherwise might be in Q's business plan.

Must be honest Debra I've not had a problem with their website but I agree, their call centre staff have always been excellent when I've called them.

I'm really not sure where the impression that QVC are struggling comes from. They posted earnings for the third quarter of 2012 of $21m. And although those figures are slightly down on last year in dollars it's up in sterling. Sales were $149m with $147 last year.

I'm really not sure where the impression that QVC are struggling comes from. They posted earnings for the third quarter of 2012 of $21m. And although those figures are slightly down on last year in dollars it's up in sterling. Sales were $149m with $147 last year.

I don't think anyone is saying they are struggling Tink, just saying they could well be on the err "fashion" front in the future if they don't smell the coffee & pull their finger out lol!

Internet retailers v QVC fashion is no contest as QVC don't sell fashion they only sell crap clothing mostly from the USA where they don't seem to have any style whatsoever.

Internet retailers v QVC fashion is no contest as QVC don't sell fashion they only sell crap clothing mostly from the USA where they don't seem to have any style whatsoever.

Surely not?! I thought Q got their inspiration from the "Man About the House" & "Rising Damp" prop wardrobe?? :mysmilie_483: A block print polyester A line dress anyone? Very similar to the ones worn in the 60's/70's Planet of the Apes films :wink:
(A mere snip at about £80 + p&p)

Last edited:
I think QVC know they need to appeal to a younger audience, hence the iPads, FB and Twitter stuff. Trouble is, unless QVC address deeper issues such as pricing, p&p and delivery timed, they will find themselves in the sh*tter once their ageing customers start popping off. All this social networking stuff will be meaningless to younger Internet shoppers who are tech savvy, and shop around for the cheapest deal at a click of a button. Being made to feel to feel like a member of the big happy QVC family and lots of easy pay offer is not enough to deter people from buying from another site if its cheaper and invariable has free or capped postage.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Surely not?! I thought Q got their inspiration from the "Man About the House" & "Rising Damp" prop wardrobe?? :mysmilie_483: A block print polyester A line dress anyone? Very similar to the ones worn in the 60's/70's Planet of the Apes films :wink:
(A mere snip at about £80 + p&p)
That's exactly what I'm wearing today in Tenerife - a Kim & Co block print A line dress! I seem to be the only one in polyester and one of the few wearing a dress. Yesterday I was wearing some Kim & Co cropped denim leggings when we went to the wildlife park. Kim's stuff is excellent quality.

House of frasier on ebay having a sale as well as on their respective websites, cath kidston, viv westwood and fossil (lovely bags) et al

I`ve just ordered 2 jackets in different sizes and 2 pairs of trousers in different sizes from an online store. Postage is capped at £3.99 and there`s a free returns label in with the order. Beat that Q!

Internet shopping has really frustrated me today. I have been in a panic, as I am going to a work do at my husband's firm and I have never met his colleagues before . 2 days (yes just 2 days!) ago DH informs me that they have decided to have black tie dress code. Now- I only have 2 dresses in my wardrobe remotely suitable- one is pre-children and now far too small, the other is short sleeved, post- children and far too big. We have not been out to a posh function in 2 years! We rarely get out much at all TBH!

Anyhow- I had in mind a black/gold lace overlay number. In a size 14 to be on the safe side. It's the sales, they are desperate to get rid of all the posh dresses, right? The one I had set my heart on in Monsoon isn't even in the bliddy sale. The Lipsy one I also liked is out of stock everywhere. The latest one from Next cannot guarantee delivery in less than a week- I phoned to check as I thought it would be next day if I ordered before 9. Not to be, because size 14 is too large and us fat people have to wait longer than skinny ones. I am serious they said it was about the size!

Thank goodness for phase eight. Out of stock online but the store is holding one for me. Fingers crossed.

Just flicked to Q to see Bob Mackie clearance, Jeez I don't think I've seen such awful clothes anywhere else but on Q! Quality they may be, (I'd blinkin hope so cos the colours & styles are dire)! & Sale? about a third off but with p&p still expensive in my opinion. Shapeless, tasteless, garish & tacky!

& stop going on about how you want these garments please JF cos I've never seen you in that gear when you're not flogging it. Ms. I love bags that cost £100's wouldn't be seen dead in it! Throwing a taupe thing over luminous cerise & mauve doesn't fool anyone or match!

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for you Weathergirl, the things you're less confident about always turn out to be the best - have a lovely time x

Latest posts

Back