Internet retailers are kicking the QVC fashion sale well into the shade!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nikki

Registered Shopper
Ladies & Gents, wishing you all a superb 2013, best love & wishes to you all!

Just wanted to say that I always browse the internet shops when back at home after new year's night as many reduce their prices further after midnight in time for Jan 1st.
I have to say QVC need to take heed in my opinion!
DorothyPerkins.com-lovely sale dresses, elegant, stylish & flattering and very on trend for both day & evening wear. Free yes FREE p&p for orders over £30 PLUS A FREE RETURNS LABEL! Kurt Geiger have also now taken a good 70%-75% off a lot of their sale prices with reasonable postage and free returns to the nearest shop! I seem to recall the last time I ordered from them they did a free return label too.

Dottie P's also gave another 10% off at the checkout & I bought 4 dresses from the Kardashian range 3 from £50 to £13.50 with the extra 10% off. They also had some lovely "illusion dresses", (the ones with the black panels down the side thus flattering and enhancing a shapely appearance & great for work & evening meals out).

Come on QVC, can us ladies who are over 40 see some fashion that doesn't look like it should be on a 90+ year old??! Nothing wrong with catering for the elderly ladies of course but compared to Dottie P your fashion offerings are very lacking in my opinion! The few designers you have that do kinda cater for us sometimes are extortionate in price too! With the exception of Diane Gilman jeans which I love, but even then I'm clobbered for about a fiver per item even when I order several different pairs at the same time!

If QVC don't reassess their fashion market and subsequent postage charges I personally think their sales will drastically dwindle as the internet retailers have made clothes & shoe shopping so easy, fashionable and very affordable.

Absolutely agree, especially since with clothes you don't need use it for ages to decide. Ok, it can be good to see how things wash, but basically all you want to do is try it on. So the 30 day mbg isn't much of an advantage to QVC fashion, on the other hand the need to try on and compare sizes means that if you buy from QVC the p and p and returns cost more than the item should! They need at the very least to say that fashion (or certain lines) can be exempt from mbg if you request that, so you can't use them but you can pay p and p once per order (not item) and get free returns label.

I've largely given up on their fashion due to above issues, thanks Nikki for some tips on where to look. Hope you love your new purchases! Hmmmm, bargains..!

PS and a happy new year

Q have had a bit of an easy ride for some years now but as people get more internet savvy I suspect that they won't get sell outs in the future as often as they did do. It's ridiculous charging per item when every other main internet retailer charges per order & a flat rate at that!
Even when I've bought something from Jane Norman recently in the sale & it shrunk in the 1st wash I visited the shop in my local high street & they promptly refunded me in full so you can't beat that in my opinion.
Check out your fav internet retailers today Catherine & hopefully some will have further reductions :happy::happy:

Last edited:
I got an email at midnight from Lola Rose with 70% off. There's loads in their sale. I bought a Tabby necklace in blue sandstone for £13.50 plus £4 postage. It was down from £45.00. On QVC's website it's in Clearance for £29.50 plus p&p.

There were lots of other bits I could have been tempted by but being fiscally challenged at the moment, I only bought the Tabby.

I remember Julia Roberts saying recently that 20% of QVC orders are placed via their website and 5% via the App. So, 75% of customers are still ringing up to order. I suspect there are quite a few who don't use the Internet or if they do, don't price compare and are none the wiser. Those are QVC's bread and butter customers who will buy stuff from QVC at an inflated price. So they can get away with not being competitive at times.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Q`s fashion or supposed fashion is mainly dire. I can honestly say I won`t entertain them for clothes and I`m not some 18 year old fashion mad teenager, I`m a grandma who likes to dress comfortably but nicely and if my Mother were still alive she`d be 92 and even she wouldn`t touch 99% of what they sell !
One of the biggest bug bears is of course paying to try stuff on. I`m a size bigger round my top half than my bottom half so with dresses I always need to try 2 different sizes and I`d reckon nothing to paying extra for that privilage. Also if something comes in different colours you pay full price p and p to order 2 different colours when its the same dress or whatever. I can`t be doing with paying over £20 p and p to try on 2 items in 2 different sizes and then almost equivalent to send 3 of them back.

I'm surprised to read
"QVC" and "FASHION"
in the same sentence! It does not compute

I got an email at midnight from Lola Rose with 70% off. There's loads in their sale. I bought a Tabby necklace in blue sandstone for £13.50 plus £4 postage. It was down from £45.00. On QVC's website it's in Clearance for £29.50 plus p&p.
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the tip off Flamenco I got a couple of lovely pieces at lunchtime at a greatly reduced price :mysmilie_508:

Well I tried to get a couple of Lola Rose pieces and it (Lola Rose website) crashed part way through payment so I've no way of knowing if the order was processed or not and of course there's no response to email or phone. Grrr!!

And their mobile site is rubbish. You have no idea what colour/stone you're buying as it doesn't list the colour.

And, believe me, I'm a big Lola Rose fan.

Awww Tink, sorry to hear that luvvie. Hopefully it was ordered ok. I must admit I find the Dottie P website a pain to buy from, getting past the password bit is like mastermind but I got there eventually. Did you get an order number at the end? If you didn't it's likley that it didn't go through. You can always check with the providers of your payment method as they should have a record of the payment if it cleared b4 the site crashed. Oh but hang on, that's with paypal. With a card I think you have to wait until someone processes it.

I had similar problem Tinks as couldn't complete without a delivery cost estimate! I tried again and it went through ok this time. I agree Nicky should state stone colour otherwise it can be a bit of guess work, I'm just hoping the earrings are Black Agate and not Blue Sandstone!!

I had similar problem Tinks as couldn't complete without a delivery cost estimate! I tried again and it went through ok this time. I agree Nicky should state stone colour otherwise it can be a bit of guess work, I'm just hoping the earrings are Black Agate and not Blue Sandstone!!

Fingers crossed Debra! Well if they are blue sandstone you can always wait a few days until Lulu G's sale is 70% off as there's a lovely midnight navy bag on there I've got my eye on, would go beautifully with the sandstone earrings :wink::wink:

I had my eye on some clarks boots £99 reduced to £75, decided to wait to see if reduced further and they have come down to £49.99 yay.

Fingers crossed Debra! Well if they are blue sandstone you can always wait a few days until Lulu G's sale is 70% off as there's a lovely midnight navy bag on there I've got my eye on, would go beautifully with the sandstone earrings :wink::wink:

Are you offering to buy me the LG bag or are you after the earrings ha ha.
Thanks Nikki.

I had my eye on some clarks boots £99 reduced to £75, decided to wait to see if reduced further and they have come down to £49.99 yay.
Oooooh I'm going to zip onto the Clarks site now, thanks for the tip! I love the cadiz flats, weasr them all the time xx.

I've given it another go and it's worked this time. Yay!! I'll call them tomorrow to check whether I've ordered once or twice.

You can force it to the desktop version DebraJane which shows which colour you're buying. I've ordered a Black Agate smartie bracelet.

If anyone is tempted by the scarves, I was given one for Christmas and it is lovely. It's soft, warm and cosy. Not sure I'd pay £55 for one but they're £38 in the sale and I think that's a good and fair price. Actually wearing it now.

Are you offering to buy me the LG bag or are you after the earrings ha ha.
Thanks Nikki.

Well Debra alas that bag is all mine if it goes down anther 20% lol but I may be tempted to brave it & buy the sandstone earrings from LRose if I can master their web site :happy:

Thank you Miss Molly, just bought 4 pairs as it's free returns so any I don't like or don't fit I can just take to my local late nite shop that does the parcel collect service yayyyyy!! They're so good for work, realy comfortable and at £19.99 from £39.99 for a pair of black flats can't go wrong! Also had some really trendy lovely ankle boots & suede court shoes, very funky & not ridiculously high heels either, great! Just had to do 2 orders as the site won't let you order more than 3 pairs per order which seems rather strange as I went straight back in & bought the 4th pair. Seems extravagent I know but I've had an op on my big toe joint so need to try several pairs in the hope that at least 1 will fit. Well chuffed! QVC better watch it with their p&p rates, once again Clarks did free p&p and free returns! x

If they are Blue Sandstone, let me know as I might be happy to buy them from you to save you the return!

Just to let anyone interested know that "Office Shoes" are doing further reductions now, Jeez I love some of their shoes!! Just got 2 lovely court pairs from £65 to £20 and from £60 to a tenner! I think their website is www.office.com but please google office shoes to check x.

Latest posts

Back