Watch out China - Del Boy is coming!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Twit thing is just to make QVC look cool, hey we tweet. So do birds.

Who remembers the TCallers, Oh(fill in name of presenter on air), do you remember I emailed/phoned you six months ago? Presenter smiling and nodding, when you knew of course the didn't. Of course there were a few stalker type ones who phoned up every show. The Tweet thing has killed them off.

Do you think it has? Have they not just switched to twatting? Nearly every one I hear read out borders on the Doris from Doncaster and her zillion whatever.

its like the ladies who have a thousand kipling bags and they phone in. or the beauty bash where everyone is wearing qvc clothes, emu boots etc etc etc..its the qvc club thing. not bad but some people will get carried away

I know ............ I've just changed channels so am no longer watching QVC. :mysmilie_19:

Ah yes, old Del Boy Flint the woman with a face for radio and the makings of a cult leader............I said cult! :giggle:

I forgot about the T-callers. They were fantastic! I particularly liked the ones that would ring in and not realise that the presenter wanted to end the conversation. Watching the presenter cringe as they were no doubt getting an ear-bashing from the gallery to move on, and the caller would just not get the point. It was always someone with a name like Enid who lived in Horsham and had just been ill in hospital. They were all almost exclusively at Death's door. I can't see any of those people tweeting in. They wanted to have a chat. Although they might have been annoying at times, I think it was nice that they could talk on-air. Somehow hearing their voices added colour and interest to things. Now all these tweets are just bland and anodyne. Remember phone-in shows on the radio? Now they are becoming tweet-ins, and it's just not the same. It's not as interactive or as interesting, in my view, and I write as a relatively young person. I don't like Twitter. I think it's reductive and banal.

I did catch her say last night to the Taya woman, about a web chat with her BTY group after the show. Taya woman looked a little stunned but agreed. So DF actually announced it and I don't think Taya woman knew a thing about it.

I saw this too, was funny the look the Taya woman gave Debbie!! She looked really bemused - another FB:mysmilie_13: casualty I suppose!!!

Thinking of presenters as friends in my opinion is unhealthy, they are sales people, once the line between customer and sales person gets blurred I really think that there is serious danger that lonely people will get drawn in by the sales person and start buying items that they neither need or can afford.

Not huge on Social Media but do look (as we all do) and have to disagree slightly with your comment!! Reason being, quite a few of the Presenters do interact on SM a lot and although it's bit sad for people to think that they are there *friends* - to reply to people at times is just being kind and polite! Really no harm done, as long as you keep it all in perspective though!!:wink:

Not huge on Social Media but do look (as we all do) and have to disagree slightly with your comment!! Reason being, quite a few of the Presenters do interact on SM a lot and although it's bit sad for people to think that they are there *friends* - to reply to people at times is just being kind and polite! Really no harm done, as long as you keep it all in perspective though!!:wink:

Is that the presenters themselves, or is it actually either the QVC social media department, or (as in Debbie's case) other associates who manage these things for them?

Is that the presenters themselves, or is it actually either the QVC social media department, or (as in Debbie's case) other associates who manage these things for them?

Mainly the presenters themselves, many interact on various SM forums a lot and not just about selling stuff!! As far as I know Debbie and quite a few others e.g. Ali Q, Jackie, Will G etc. do respond and as I've said before, really no harm, as long you remember they are Sales People at the end of the day!!:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back