"We cant get anymore of this in ..so now is your chance"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When they say 'we can't get anymore in' it puts me off buying it, makes me wonder why they're not doing it anymore, is there something wrong with it!

I am so gullible with this, and it does make me go very quickly from 'oooh that is quite nice, I might buy that' to 'OMG quick, panic, quick, buy it now!' and it does make me fed up if I later see that is not the case at all. I don't like being manipulated like that, I need to remember that if they are not bringing that particular set back, they will still bring the products back in a different format.

It has the opposite effect on me I think well if I like it and I will die without it once I start using it, I had better not buy it then and find something else

It has the opposite effect on me I think well if I like it and I will die without it once I start using it, I had better not buy it then and find something else

LOL, must thank you for that new theory, I am adopting it immediately :mysmilie_59:

That is what Chuntley said about the James Reed Tan Mask, a week or two ago she said they were gong to sell out before the month and they would not be able go get any advanced Orders. So we better hurry up and get it now!
Needless to say they DID get some advance orders in, which I was pleased about., since my payday was later in the month.

Slightly at a tangent, I once saw Julia on a clothes show with a dress which had sleeves. She said (with no humour but quite purposefully) well you have been asking for a dress with sleeves and here it is and you know if you don't buy it we won't bring you this type of thing again. She said a few more sentences along the same lines. I thought that was a very unpleasant sales pitch.

If I was undecided about making a purchase, and they used this line, I would determine not to buy. Not because I thought there was anything wrong, practically, with the product, but that the presenter was attempting to blackmail me in to buying and, consequently, disrespecting me by taking me for a complete idiot. I suppose it may occur to me that they were desperate to get rid of the stock, so was it really that popular.

I agree with you Louise66, it did sound like blackmailing to buy! Now obviously most people would be immune to such a tactic and it would definitely turn me against the item (like you), but some Q devotees could fall for it. I know, well we all know of course, that if a line proves unpopular a retailer stops selling it, but this did have a rather unpleasant tone to it, IMHO.

Well Alex said that the Vanilla Shea shower gel and hand cream were being discontinued and unfortunately they as been discontinued so I've moved on to other cheaper brands.

It seem as though more & more items go to'Advanced orders'.Does this mean that Q are keeping lower stocks & getting orders up front before restocking?I've overcome the sales pitches at last!

Latest posts

Back