What a dull Beauty Day...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
Why oh why is every beauty day filled with the dullest of hours,Elemis,Gatineau,SBC etc
Every time they have these days it's the same boring repetitive presentations from Andrew and Keeley over and over and over again.
Why not use the day to have 15/20 minute slots on a more diverse group of products.I think it's a missed opportunity.

To cap it all just switched on to see my least favourite skincare brand,with my least favourite guest presenter and sat in the chair gushing and squeeling my least favourite QVC presenter...oh joy :devil:

I really think they should use the opportunity of Beauty Day to have hours where they showcase brands that might not necessarily justify an hour all to themselves like Cargo, Benefit, Cosmetics a la Carte etc. They sell these brands but i really don't think they bother much and certainly they stock anything like the range of products other stores carry. It seems as long as they are flogging tons of products from certain brands they stop bothering with others.

Also, why not replace many of the repeated shows like Gatineau and Elemis with A'kin and other 'smaller' brands? Who really wants to watch esentially the same hours over and over?

Tx

Why oh why is every beauty day filled with the dullest of hours,Elemis,Gatineau,SBC etc
Every time they have these days it's the same boring repetitive presentations from Andrew and Keeley over and over and over again.
Why not use the day to have 15/20 minute slots on a more diverse group of products.I think it's a missed opportunity.

To cap it all just switched on to see my least favourite skincare brand,with my least favourite guest presenter and sat in the chair gushing and squeeling my least favourite QVC presenter...oh joy :devil:

Not enough easy pays either,was hoping for some more on the Laura Geller products.

I guess they're trying to sell the mammoth QVC behemoth brands to the newbies.

Those of us who have been around for a decade or more will probably already have had a Gatineau phase and an Elemis phase, and be looking for something new and exciting.

Neither brand "speaks" to me any more. Having tried all the miracle creams I have dialled down my expectations of skincare. Because I know they can't give dramatic miraculous results I'm not prepared to pay huge dramatic prices.

I like a minimalist skincare routine too. All the bells and whistles - the product layering, and different creams for different bits of my skin - just stress me out and clutter up my bathroom. I have a cleanser, a moisturiser, something for congestion, and something for aging and keeping it simple and uncluttered makes me happy.

Occasionally I add in a mask or an eye cream - but my days of serums and oils under day cream, a separate daytime eye cream , a separate daytime neck cream for and richer formulations of each of those for night time plus special treatments to do once a week and once a month - are over. :sun:

The day is dull and boring but they still wouldn't feature the ALPHA-H products and the ALPHA-H TSV.

yes, whatever happened to Benefit and Cargo, I am sure they used to sell on QVC?
And you def used to see more La Carte on QVC too. Variety would be nice rather then same old same old

I really think they should use the opportunity of Beauty Day to have hours where they showcase brands that might not necessarily justify an hour all to themselves like Cargo, Benefit, Cosmetics a la Carte etc. They sell these brands but i really don't think they bother much and certainly they stock anything like the range of products other stores carry. It seems as long as they are flogging tons of products from certain brands they stop bothering with others.

Also, why not replace many of the repeated shows like Gatineau and Elemis with A'kin and other 'smaller' brands? Who really wants to watch esentially the same hours over and over?

Tx

I agree. A whole day dedicated to beauty should showcase a much wider variety of beauty ranges. I'd also love to see some time dedicated to Akin, as well as Australian Bodycare and Benefit.

Totally agree Lemonsqueezy. It's been pouring down all day and I was looking forward to an afternoon watching beauty day, particularly as men are out and so no footy on TV! What a load of bl**dy cr*p. It's the same old stuff they dig out time and time again. It's really just a whole day of the usual beauty hours, nothing new at all. We've had enough of looking at Andrew and listening to Keeley with her frowning expression. :doh:

These days it seems as that the same items are included in each show thorughout the day.At one time if my memory is not playing tricks on me I used to watch the later shows as new items were being introduced that weren't in the earlier hours.Now LG is showing the 3 piece Baked beginning collection AGAIN.It must be a sign of the times? They don't hold the same breadth of stock or items are not selling out as fast.( Oh that set has gone, so won't be seeing it again)

[/B]
I agree. A whole day dedicated to beauty should showcase a much wider variety of beauty ranges. I'd also love to see some time dedicated to Akin, as well as Australian Bodycare and Benefit.

yes, I like Akin's facial oil, cleansing oil and shampoos/conditioners. They have a wide range so QVC could put together some really useful starter kits and extol it's virtues.

What about Prescriptives with Gary - is the company still around ? , I liked a couple of their range. L'Occitane do a very good facial skincare range but perhaps they don't want to sell them outside of their
shops and websites.

Whenever I'm in London or Cambridge I treat myself to a couple of facecare and haircare items from Neal's Yard - good quality and reasonably priced, I'm sure it would do well on QVC.

Its been very boring.Just the same few select brands,over and over again.I love Laura Geller but even thats not thrilling me today - haven't seen much "new" or exciting nor many beauty prices or easy pay.

Sorry QVC - must do better!:down:

yes, I like Akin's facial oil, cleansing oil and shampoos/conditioners. They have a wide range so QVC could put together some really useful starter kits and extol it's virtues.

What about Prescriptives with Gary - is the company still around ? , I liked a couple of their range. L'Occitane do a very good facial skincare range but perhaps they don't want to sell them outside of their
shops and websites.

Whenever I'm in London or Cambridge I treat myself to a couple of facecare and haircare items from Neal's Yard - good quality and reasonably priced, I'm sure it would do well on QVC.

Sadly no. L'oreal bought them (I think) and they discontinued it.

What about Prescriptives with Gary - is the company still around ? , I liked a couple of their range. L'Occitane do a very good facial skincare range but perhaps they don't want to sell them outside of their shops and websites.

Prescriptives stopped selling in the UK over a year ago now. :down:

L'Occitane do some really good skincare products (love the light moisturiser for under make-up, it's like a primer). All the Q seem to stock in the shower gels and body lotions etc.

Neals Yard remedies is lovely but available in Boots on the literally dreaded high street, so that won't do at all. They did it on Ideal World for a short time.

Last edited:
it is a deeply boring day, when QVC and I first started stepping out it was Gatineau and Elemis and I found it all quite intereresting, tried G and do not like it and will not buy again, like Elemis but have a reasonable stash ditto Laura G. So there is nothing to tempt me as they just do not seem to showcase any new ranges. Dull weather and dull viewing, boo

More A'kin would be wonderful, I wish they'd give this brand more airtime and promotion instead of keep wheeling out Gatineau/Decleor/Elemis (nowt wrong with these brands at all, but it is very same old same old..)

And they wheeled out the Sainsy's Nail Varnish Remover during the Nails Inc hour again this aft :giggle:

Also. If I see that Richard Ward advert one more time today I might just cut my arm of and bludgeon my TV with the wet end...(and then wait while AY tries to flog me some DefiLift for it... :nod: )

Latest posts

Back