What a dull Beauty Day...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sadly no. L'oreal bought them (I think) and they discontinued it.

No, Estee Lauder started the company and they decided to discontinue it themselves. Got a new CEO not a Lauder family member, he said he would give each EL brand 18 months to step up or ship out. He gave Prescriptives 4 months. Loved their makeup

maybe it would be more interesting if they themed it, say had an hour of eye make up, an hour of skin care, an hour of nails, an hour of hair and showed lots of ranges in each hour. They should also take a look at the dreaded high street, Boots, John Lewis and Superdrug introduce new ranges regularly. QVC are always wafting on about their "buying power" which I tend to think is more about cosy relationships with a few companies........

maybe it would be more interesting if they themed it, say had an hour of eye make up, an hour of skin care, an hour of nails, an hour of hair and showed lots of ranges in each hour. They should also take a look at the dreaded high street, Boots, John Lewis and Superdrug introduce new ranges regularly. QVC are always wafting on about their "buying power" which I tend to think is more about cosy relationships with a few companies........

I totally agree,I think that the regular viewer has heard Andrew & Keeley's repetitive sales patter so often they have become an unnecessary part of the show,plus I doubt anyone is so gullible as to believe the claims,same with Decleor and Liz Earle.
The presenters are surely able to sell all of the above.
It would be really good to get some new products and give the big comfortable brands a break from the live shows, but still be available on the web!
It might give them the shake up they need imho!

The Beauty Day with p & p of 1p started my addiction to QVC but now it's just one big yawn fest. Sat and watched QVC today for the first time in yonks and was quickly bored.

QVC are always wafting on about their "buying power" which I tend to think is more about cosy relationships with a few companies........

I take that phrase with a total pinch of salt now because when you add back the P&P they aint much cheaper (if at all) than other stockists.

And beauty day has been so dull to watch I resorted to housework

Why hardly any easypays?? At least that may have tempted a few folk to try a different range or a new product.

A really poor day all round I thought. I totally agree that smaller brands should have had a look in too. I love A'kin but always seem to miss their shows. Are they not worthy of being on with the big boys such as Elemis and Gatineau??

. I love A'kin but always seem to miss their shows. Are they not worthy of being on with the big boys such as Elemis and Gatineau??

Me too. Haven't seen them have a dedicated hour for ages. I also noticed that QVC aren't stocking as many kits/items as they used to so I hope they aren't phasing it out. That would be real shame as I think the brand would sell really well if they gave it more of a push/better coverage.

I really think they should use the opportunity of Beauty Day to have hours where they showcase brands that might not necessarily justify an hour all to themselves like Cargo, Benefit, Cosmetics a la Carte etc. They sell these brands but i really don't think they bother much and certainly they stock anything like the range of products other stores carry. It seems as long as they are flogging tons of products from certain brands they stop bothering with others.

Also, why not replace many of the repeated shows like Gatineau and Elemis with A'kin and other 'smaller' brands? Who really wants to watch esentially the same hours over and over?

Tx

I would also love to see more hours of mixed beauty brands such as Cargo and Cosmetics A La Carte as I have missed the shows in the past where they were featured in the beauty workshop hours. There needs to be more smaller beauty brands on QVC in my opinion and more organic brands. I do miss Aveda and also the better valued Decleor TSV's.

More A'kin would be wonderful, I wish they'd give this brand more airtime and promotion instead of keep wheeling out Gatineau/Decleor/Elemis (nowt wrong with these brands at all, but it is very same old same old..)

And they wheeled out the Sainsy's Nail Varnish Remover during the Nails Inc hour again this aft :giggle:

I couldn't believe it when they used the Sainsbur*'s nail polish remover. This stuff must be better than the removers from all the nail brands they sell. Maybe they will sell this for £10 +£4.95 p+p as a special deal for those who don't shop their.

I would love to see more A'kin on QVC. I am getting sick of the same beauty brands that are featured on Beauty Day. QVC should make the beauty channel available on all networks (Virgin, Freeview etc..) and that way they can keep all beauty realated things to one channel and regular airings to the standard channel.

Such a boring Beauty Day - worst yet:sad: I only watched one full hour(you'll not be surprised to read it was Nails inc 3pm:cheeky:) It seemed as if it was a "get rid of left over TSV's day". Like others i'd love to see themed hours - remember "Ask the experts" and "Get the Look" and also some segments in between hours giving us up to the minute beauty/skincare tips on trends and techniques etc(QVC used to do this on beauty days). I found the Andrew and Alison self appreciation shows very boring and not watchable(similar to Julia and Simon fashion jewellery shows) - its not a good idea for presenters and guests to get too friendly that when presenting they exclude the viewers:thinking: Rant over - here's to the next "QVC beauty day" things can only get better( they cant get any worse?) QPx

Such a boring Beauty Day - worst yet:sad: I only watched one full hour(you'll not be surprised to read it was Nails inc 3pm:cheeky:) It seemed as if it was a "get rid of left over TSV's day". Like others i'd love to see themed hours - remember "Ask the experts" and "Get the Look" and also some segments in between hours giving us up to the minute beauty/skincare tips on trends and techniques etc(QVC used to do this on beauty days). I found the Andrew and Alison self appreciation shows very boring and not watchable(similar to Julia and Simon fashion jewellery shows) - its not a good idea for presenters and guests to get too friendly that when presenting they exclude the viewers:thinking: Rant over - here's to the next "QVC beauty day" things can only get better( they cant get any worse?) QPx

I'd have agreed until they all totally "corpsed" during the last show after Andrew made an unfortunate remark!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=223325&country=UK

I don't think QVC can have the buying power they like to boast about. They hardly carry any ranges now, and only a small selection when they do, and most stuff is far more expensive than you can buy elsewhere. There's never anything in stock when I want it. Beauty Day was a complete waste of airtime IMO. It was almost like watching the beauty channel with repeats of shows over and over again. For those that can't see it, you're not missing anything, it's just a looped reel of taped shows. If I see that Gatineau TSV set on there anymore, I'll scream!

Sadly I feel QVC will think they had a great day with a sell out TSV

:flower: Did they say how many sold ? I wondered if they maybe didn't have as many as usual for a TSV. I don't think they are selling the quantities that they used to , most of us have to think twice now as to whether we buy or not. I know I don't buy like I used to. I didn't watch any of the beauty day. Doesn't sound like I missed much. :flower:

As Beauty Day was so boring I had a rummage around in the loft and I found some old VHS tapes and sat down to watch an Elemis TSV from Nov 2000 with AY and Bonnie from Elemis. The price was £24.98 for 6 items...those were the days! The Elemis shows were a 2 hour special which we don't see often for beauty shows nowadays, they tend to be on frequently in one hour slots throughout the day.

I also watched an 'In the Salon with Alison' with Alison Keenan who looked really smart with short hair, AY spoke normally, no screeching, shouting, no mention of 'jump to the phones', it was calm, very informative, products explained really well and absolutely not once was there a mention of how many people were on the phones or how many sold.
The products/brands featured were Tisserand oils, Integra, Aveda Shampure Litre size, Special FX nail foils, Pureline Dead sea salts and Sensual prelude, Dermablend, Slendertone, Gloves in a bottle hands protecting lotion, Pupa makeup, Gale Hayman eye lift gel, Elysee toning belt, L'Occitane Hand peel and Ephemer citrus set.....how the shows have changed!

What hasn't changed is the use of 'literal, actual, for you' in the literal actual television area for you but back then was only used a couple of times during the whole show!

:flower:

On QVC Facebook, loads of people begging for Molton Brown and Aveda to be brought back.

Think we would all be shocked at the prices QVC would charge us for these brands compared to what they where way back.

Latest posts

Back