What a load of tripe!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
I am REALLY upset with Gems TV so called 'Customer services'.

I had purchased a diamond bracelet on a special game with Lynn which clearly stated they would provide it in three payments AND a complimentary up-grade box. She even presented the bracelet on the television in the box.

Mine, however, arrived in a bog standard box. I may have been a bit picky but I felt I was entitled to the box especially if I choose to give it as a gift in the future. I e-mailed customer services asking if I could get the upgrade box as it had been sold as a complimentary extra. I could not believe the reply....

Thank you for your email.

I have checked the footage and reports related to this game and we have no record of any box being given free with this item. I have also checked other customers orders and at no time can I find an instance for this item of a free box being offered with item number UJJ1078

If you have any further queries please call our Customer Service Department on 0845 65 88 663 or email us at [email protected] .

Kind regards,

Patricia Doyle

Gems TV Sales Team

So I can only conclude from that reply I am a liar.
Well, I have only just recently managed to get over the upset of paying over £200 more for a diamond ring that sold after the return date for less. I can only say Gems Tv has lost this customer forever...all for the sake of a complimentary bracelet box. They can now shove it up where the sun don't shine...

So sorry to hear this Huggles. Gems seem to be keen on losing their loyal customers these days and in your case all for the sake of a jewellery box!

You should reply to them and say you don't appreciate them insinuating that you are a liar.

Also that you would not have contacted them asking why you didn't receive the upgraded box if you had not heard Lynn state that it would be coming with an upgraded box.

They never learn do they, would it really have killed them to say they were sorry for their mistake and send the box out. NOT good enough Gems!!!

:doggie:

Another example of Gems not delivering.......

have you checked that they are honouring the 3 multipays?

Hope you like the bracelet

That is just ridiculous. You're talking about a box here, for goodness' sake. Couldn't they simply have believed you and sent it out of goodwill, even if they didn't have a record of Lynn making the offer?

The thing that galls me is the 'I have checked the footage...' quote. Which I know isn't true, because if she had she would see what I saw. However, it's their loss. I vote with my feet and if Customer Services do not want to honour something as small as a complementary up-grade box there's no way I will trust them in future to honour any other sales pitch. It is definately their loss, in this economic climate there will be someone else willing to take my custom...I am returning the diamond bracelet and am waiting on an Iliana 1ct tennis bracelet instead. The Gems TV was £399 for 9ct gold and less than 1ct diamond weight (diamond grade unknown), the Jewellery Channel bracelet is 18ct gold and exactly 1ct SI 1 diamonds for £429. Worth the extra £30, oh, and it also comes with a better presentation box.
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=559294

Just checked my Jewellery Channel invoice and with the VAT reduction, I'm only paying £419 + p&p. I'm really glad I'm sending back the Gems TV one now!

I don't blame you Huggles......enjoy the Iliana bracelet,it looks lovely and a much better buy than the GTV one.

Yet again another poor showing from GTV customer services,award winning my backside!!!Maybe a couple of years ago but certainly not now yet they have the cheek to still trade on this fact.
So many loyal customers are now deserting them,myself included,yet they seem to care not one jot.....it would be funny if it wasn't so sad:31:

Well, well, well...I've just received a phone call from Customer Services who have 're-checked the footage' and guess what? It turns out I'm not a liar after all, the bracelet was supposed to come with a complimentary up-grade box. I received an apology and was then asked if I would like the box sent out to me. I took great pleasure in telling them 'No, you can keep your up-grade box, there's no point sending me it now as the bracelet is getting returned.' After all, I'm getting a much better bracelet from The Jewellery Channel and they haven't accused me of lying...I wouldn't want to be in Patricia Doyles shoes when she gets back to the office. That's it though, enough is enough...no more Gems TV for me.

Huggles ... Glad you awaiting a new bracelet from tjc alot better quality imho,
and as for gems they seem to shooting themselves in the feet over and over again lessons to be learnt there somewhere

Wear your bracelet in good health. mags

The thing that galls me is the 'I have checked the footage...' quote. Which I know isn't true, because if she had she would see what I saw. However, it's their loss. I vote with my feet and if Customer Services do not want to honour something as small as a complementary up-grade box there's no way I will trust them in future to honour any other sales pitch. It is definately their loss, in this economic climate there will be someone else willing to take my custom...I am returning the diamond bracelet and am waiting on an Iliana 1ct tennis bracelet instead. The Gems TV was £399 for 9ct gold and less than 1ct diamond weight (diamond grade unknown), the Jewellery Channel bracelet is 18ct gold and exactly 1ct SI 1 diamonds for £429. Worth the extra £30, oh, and it also comes with a better presentation box.
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=559294

God whats happened to that company who won a best CS award several years running? Gems has gone to the dogs, I wonder why?

Huggles, I don't blame you at all, its a principal thing isn't it? I love your new bracelet, I have one similar in yellow gold and always feel very special wearing it, hope its beautiful when it comes :1:

:Applause: Well done Huggles. I would have been absolutely livid if I'd been in your shoes. What a friggin' cheek calling you a liar! I don't believe for one minute that they just decided to check the footage again - something or someone must have prompted them to do it. If one of my staff accused a customer of being a liar they would be up on a Disciplinary before they new what hit them. No wonder so many presenters have desserted the sinking ship!

Hope you love your Iliana - in my experience the quality is like night and day anyway with Gems TV coming a very poor second!

Well, well, well...I've just received a phone call from Customer Services who have 're-checked the footage' and guess what? It turns out I'm not a liar after all, the bracelet was supposed to come with a complimentary up-grade box. I received an apology and was then asked if I would like the box sent out to me. I took great pleasure in telling them 'No, you can keep your up-grade box, there's no point sending me it now as the bracelet is getting returned.' After all, I'm getting a much better bracelet from The Jewellery Channel and they haven't accused me of lying...I wouldn't want to be in Patricia Doyles shoes when she gets back to the office. That's it though, enough is enough...no more Gems TV for me.

It seems that while they were accusing you of telling porkies they weren't being too honest themselves then - if they'd checked the footage when they said they had, then they would've seen what they saw when they really did check it! I hope TJC's bracelet is lovely. Iliana is lovely quality.

Thanks for all the replies, folks, much appreciated...my Iliana bracelet arrived today and it is lovely. Much finer than the Gems TV one but the diamonds are twinkling away like fairy lights. I'm not able to take a picture of them both together as the gems TV one is wrapped up ready to post tomorrow. I'm now of the opinion it was aswell this has happened as I am very, very happy with my new Iliana bracelet, maybe this is karma?
DSC00208.jpg

Iliana bracelet
Picture004.jpg

Gems TV bracelet when it arrived.

That's beautiful, Huggles - congratulations on a special purchase. GTV's loss is your gain!

Latest posts

Back