What Brands would you like to see re-introduced

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sorry I've taken this thread off topic with my reminiscing, but even though some of the products I've mentioned were complete lemons, I really did find QVC more fun to watch in those days. I also miss some of the guests who were often larger than life characters back then, now they just seem bland out of work actors.

Donna the dead sea bloke was called Joseph not Phillip as I posted earlier, can't remember his surname though.

Jude xx

Think I might be the only one on here who doesn't like Molten Brown, the fragrances of the bath products are migraine inducing.

What about the dodgy guy, who bought those diet bars, every so often, wasnt he some family member of CEO of QVCUSA or something, yes i remember Bright Bites. And you could buy the bags of sweeties also.

He got done for false claims, they didn't make you lose weight at all. Massive fine in the US.

A lot of the US vendors seemed to disappear after 9/11.

They tasted awful. I fell for the hype at the time and bought them. Needless to say I didn't lose a single pound in weight.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

Property of a lady jewellery

The canadian guy who used to bring us the fashion jewellery range - he was gorgeous - anyone know what happened to him.

From a purely selfish point of view I'd like to see all those naff "fancy goods" bought back. Old TuptonWare and similar. And German cuckoo clocks or ceramic toby jugs in the Oktoberfest event. Christmas figurines with close ups of faces that looked like burns victims. Pure tat but ****** hilarious. I loved it. Happy days.

Absolutely!

Brenda Christian had a lovely cosmetic range,didn't last long,though.

Ultraglow's mascaras were fab.

What about Ephemer? Remember the lovely looking black lady Phyllis who represented the range?

Their shower gels and body lotions were beautiful,when the company went bust I bought a ton of stuff in Boots for under a euro each.

Temple Spa were another lot who didn't stay long.

BLISSFULL TEMPLEPEE!

You're welcome... :wink:

Oh I love Blisfull Templetree. My hubby is working away just now and the hotel he stays at uses molton brown So he pinches all the shower gels and brings them home for me Ahh at least I sent him away with a nice body shop shower gel to use. He said to the girl I loved Molton brown and she gave him a few for me.

Any Molton brown fans , Aldi are doing there own range as a special starting from the 8th of november, they have rave reviews and apprently hard to tell the differnce between MB and them and at £1.99 at bottle for 300mls mayb worth a look and no p&P if u call in the store :giggle:

Another vote for Molton Brown and the dotty Jill Goldsmith with her penchant for tops with cut-out details.

For entertainment value - the overblown tat that was the Property of a Lady range and Ivanna Trump's tacky offerings.

Marvin Segel was the Bright Bites man......he's still flogging diet books on Amazon "Uphill all the Way"
The Ultrabronze creepy man upset the presenter when he announced that undertakers liked to use the product to give the corpses a "healthy glow" in the funeral parlour.

What has happened to the California Style jewellery? One of my first purchased from QVC was one of their necklaces. Also had a pair of Ivana Trump clip on earrings - never worn them - don't know why I bought them - I have pierced ears!!!!

What has happened to the California Style jewellery? One of my first purchased from QVC was one of their necklaces. Also had a pair of Ivana Trump clip on earrings - never worn them - don't know why I bought them - I have pierced ears!!!!

thats still on not as often as it used to be but Suzy said she aint back till next year

Marvin Segel was the Bright Bites man......he's still flogging diet books on Amazon "Uphill all the Way"
The Ultrabronze creepy man upset the presenter when he announced that undertakers liked to use the product to give the corpses a "healthy glow" in the funeral parlour.

Hilarious.

Just want to thank

Just want to thank reflexgirl for starting this thread. I've had a lovely trip down memory lane. I would like to see clientele back at QVC - I particularly like the Age Blocker, although some of the creams did have an odour of fruit salad about them. There is little variety on the channel now as the portfolio of brands has shrunk. QVC used to be the 5th largest jewellery retailer but I can't see athat they are now. I used to enjoy pearls and gems of the orient but don't see this range now.

Latest posts

Back