What does work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
There is a lot written on here about beauty products being a con. So I wonder what products DO people feel work? I can say that there are some products I always repeat buy because the difference they make is hugh and visible. For example:

1. Revitalash. Am on my third tube and the difference is incredible. Far exceeded my expectations.
2. Nail Envy. Used religiously for 6 years. Used to have flakey nails, now I don't.
3. Balm Essential. All round miracle product for me.
4. Defi-lip. Only lip balm that works on my dry lips.

Any others?

i've been using my clarisonic for about a week now and so far so good. I use it on an evening during my second cleanse.

Nail Envy - really makes my naturally dry, flaky nails solid.
Revitalash - I had good lashes, now I have really good, well conditioned and fluttery lashes.
Philosophy Help Me - I love Philosophy but Help Me has made the single greatest difference to my skin making it appear healthy and plumping it, getting rid of redness and closing up pores noticibly.
Clarisonic - really makes me skin feel extra clean, reduces the amount of product I need and helps makeup glide on
SBC Propolis gel - works better than anything on my eczema
Gayle Hayman Liplift - the best lip balm/plumping product hands down.

I'm sure someone will be able to provide some scientific study that proves they don't work but I go on the feel of my skin and the way it looks in the mirror!

These products work for me

PCMC, Oxy night cream, Apricot toner, Sensitive facial wash.
Clarisonic
PK Moisture balancing conditioner
LD hydra flex, renovate, hand cream and polishes.

after my SC facial I will be trying some of her products.

Have just started using the brand new Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream and Serum from loccitane,seems to work very well for me,also the new pressed eyeshadow compact from Bare Minerals is the best I have used, hopefully Q will bring these products in the near future.

REN eye cream, which Le Q used to sell but disappeared without any explanation. I have very sensitive and reactive skin and I love that range.

alpha h skincare. no essential oils no fragance no spots/breakouts just soft smooth dewy skin...

Many things can work on improving the texture of the skin. None work on wrinkles or slackness. I think that is what people object to when they are being sold a con in a jar.

I have messed around with so many skincare brands & have had good results with both Elemis & Gatineau.I have uncovered some Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate & how it has plumped up my skin, I use it morning & night.
I have just bought some Cleanse & Polish to use with my Clarisonic.
The thing I first bought from QVC & will never be without is L'Occitanne soap.I never bother with anything else.
Am tempted by this Revitalash?

Nail envy - I now have very long and very strong nails.

Revitalash - my lashes are longer and thicker than they've ever been and I'm only on my first tube. I've already got a new one ready and waiting in the cupboard.

Decleor - Hydra Radiance Smoothing Cleansing Mousse. I rarely need moisturiser now since I started using this on its launch.

Rio facial toner - a must

sorry, no skincare from QVC works, but I love Bare Escentuals make-up

Pethidine.

I didn't have a care in the world for about a week....

I had that when I gave birth, the midwife had to wake me up and ask me to push, I didn't feel a thing!

But enough of that sort of talk, some of you may be eating....

For me, QVC success buys have been:-

Elemis Milk Bath - use as a body lotion and it is fab, comforting scent and skin smells lovely and remains moisturised all day. Also lasts for ages and doesn't clash with perfume.

Clarisonic - the master of deep cleansing

L'occitane Liquid Soap in Verbena - love it, but cannot always justify the cost.
L'occitane Shea butter handcream - as above.

Leighton Dennys Crystal Nail File - quick and leaves a smooth nail, without having to worry about which way you should be filing.

Decleor Essential Balm - just gorgeous smell and my skin looks fab in the morning.

Can't think of anymore and after today I am all beautied out - ordered too much today, hope the family don't mind eating beans on toast all through February!

Elemis PCMC for me too. Have been using it for about 6 years and notice a real difference in my fine lines if I don't.

Also:-

L'occitane liquid soap - only one that does not strip my skin when I wash.
OPI Nail Envy
Leighton Denny crystal nail file

All of the above products (with the exception of the nail file) I repeat purchase. I have also used Gatineau Melatogenine Force Collagen serum and it worked for me but the bottle only lasted one month and I can't keep up the outlay on this each month. Same goes for LE Nourishing body cream - have never found an alternative that keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth all day but I tend to buy cheaper alternatives that smell prettier (fickle me??).

I also love Decleor Herbal Clay Mask which QVC do not sell and I repurchase this.

Wouldn't be without these products:
Revitalash
Nail envy
LD crystal file
Clarasonic
Gatineau gommage and mask

Latest posts

Back