What does work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooh that's three votes for Revitalash so far. I'm very tempted and it's on easy pay at the moment. Someone talk me out of it...

Sorry Ali but I think it is amazing. Since I started using it last august I am always being asked if I have false lashes on if I wear mascara and I don't even have to use eyelash curlers anymore as they are so long and curly. If you do buy just don't expect results overnight. I saw no difference for about 4-5 weeks but then they just got better and better. Check the reviews on qvc and amazon. Sorry if I might have talked you into it :cheeky:

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Porcelain (this is just about as perfect as powder foundation gets - on me at least. Love it).
Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Powder (the most perfect blusher on me ever)
Skincare wise, Liz Earle IBST and Skin Repair (calming a lovely outbreak of rosacea down at the moment)
ABC Tea Tree Skin Wash (perfect for feeling squeaky clean and controlling breakouts on me)

Sorry Ali but I think it is amazing. Since I started using it last august I am always being asked if I have false lashes on if I wear mascara and I don't even have to use eyelash curlers anymore as they are so long and curly. If you do buy just don't expect results overnight. I saw no difference for about 4-5 weeks but then they just got better and better. Check the reviews on qvc and amazon. Sorry if I might have talked you into it :cheeky:

You've gone and done it rosey..I just bought it, my first purchase this year. Now I expect miracles no less...

I think we are all reasonably intelligent and realise that there are no miracle cures or solutions for anything. And that, while some things appear to work wonders for some, none will work for everyone. There's never any need to feel conned by products sold on QVC. You don't like what you've bought? Don't feel it has done you any good? Send it back. Simple. Ultimately we have to choice to try things or not, and to send them back if they don't work to our satisfaction. The products I listed work for me. When I use them regularly they improve my appearance. I'm not a scientist, I don't know whether they work at a molecular level, but I think I'm bright enough to know whether or not they make a difference to the appearance and feel of my skin, nails etc. And I'm happy with that.

My skin gets really dry in the winter and someone on here recommended Eucerin from Boots, just coming to the end of the pot and will be buying it again, brilliant for my dry skin in the winter

Love L'Occitane shower gels, still buy Molton Brown one occasionally, something QVC introduced me to, land think I might also buy the Rivitallash..... thank you

My skin gets really dry in the winter and someone on here recommended Eucerin from Boots, just coming to the end of the pot and will be buying it again, brilliant for my dry skin in the winter

Love L'Occitane shower gels, still buy Molton Brown one occasionally, something QVC introduced me to, land think I might also buy the Rivitallash..... thank you

For my dry skin (actually eczema, I used F A B Cream from Boots, because I find the usual ones, Eucerin, E45 and so on actually make me more itchy than ever. It was recommended to me by someone in the US and I couldn't get hold of it until it launched over here. It's so good. Not cheap, but it works and, when you're itching and flaking away you'll gladly pay a bit more for something that works!

Oh yes, Laura Geller balance and brighten; best foundation I have ever used! Also love philosophy supernatural airbrushed canvas, which is not as good (but very close) - but I love the application with the sponge and always have a pot.

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Porcelain (this is just about as perfect as powder foundation gets - on me at least. Love it).
Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Powder (the most perfect blusher on me ever)
Skincare wise, Liz Earle IBST and Skin Repair (calming a lovely outbreak of rosacea down at the moment)
ABC Tea Tree Skin Wash (perfect for feeling squeaky clean and controlling breakouts on me)

I had forgotten about LG cosmetics in general as I was only thinking about skincare products before. I cannot live without BnB and I love her blushers too. Her products always look natural on.

Am also thinking of returning to LE IBST.

I would love to try it, but I've read of side effects of blurred vision and eye colour change. I've got horrible stubby lashes and it sounds like a miracle worker, but I'm too nervous to try!

My suggestion would be to not buy all this overpriced stuff and buy wine instead; you'll save money and won't care what state your face is in :nod:

There isn't much I repeat buy but I do with these,

l'Occitane Shea Body Lotion, Shea handcream & the footcream (why are these never in the TSVs these days?)
Laura Geller B&B in Porcelain plus her blushers, especially Ethereal Rose.
OPI Nail Envy

I repeat order Gatineau Melatogenine Cleansing Cream and I use LE clothes to remove, I started using this instead of LE cleanse and polish as it was bringing me out in spots (only after they had changed the formula).

I also can't live without Gatineau Floracil eye make up remover especially in the summertime as I suffer from hayfever etc. So I keep this in the fridge and when my eyes are feeling irritated I just use this over my eyes.

My nails are so brittle at the moment that after watching the OPI hour yesterday, I'm tempted to start using Nail Envy again to see if it will work this time. The last time I used NE my thumb nails split quite low down and it put me off using it again. But apparently it might be the way that I file my nails! :sad:

I would love to try it, but I've read of side effects of blurred vision and eye colour change. I've got horrible stubby lashes and it sounds like a miracle worker, but I'm too nervous to try!

I have read that too. I have also read that the idea of eye colour change relates to an ingredient that also appears in glaucoma medication. It can change eye colour by darkening it a little, but apparently only in the large amounts experienced in a big regular dose of the medicated version. In the microscopic amounts that used to appear in Revitalash it is supposedly extraordinarily unlikely. And I believe the new versions don't even contain it. I've also read that some of the claims about the possibility of eye darkening appeared initially on the websites of companies offering similar, but different, products. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend using anything you're bothered by and, of course, anything (mascara, eye cream etc) that you put that close to your eyes can cause temporary blurring. (I even have antihistamine eye drops that do it!) but I've never had a problem at all.
That being said, anyone can react to anything. I once used Gatineau eye cream and ended up with a burn-like reaction on my skin!

It works for me.
Cheers. *hic*

Lets face it, who would your family and friends rather be with: someone who lives life to the full and laughs off getting older, or an insecure mare who gets herself into debt trying to stop getting older and who is worried about something she's got no control over anyway? :thinking:

My suggestion would be to not buy all this overpriced stuff and buy wine instead; you'll save money and won't care what state your face is in :nod:

I literally, actually, took your advice HC:beer::drunk: and here is the proof: too drunk.jpg, might even give AY a call toocalling u at 2am.jpgCheers:beer::drunk:!

Nail Envy is my usual repeat buy. And I'll definitely buy Daniel Sandler's eye-liner again - doesn't budge all day. Clarisonic seems to be popular - how does it compare with Tresonic?

Nail Envy is my usual repeat buy. And I'll definitely buy Daniel Sandler's eye-liner again - doesn't budge all day. Clarisonic seems to be popular - how does it compare with Tresonic?

I have both, bought the tresonic first and then I was at a beauty show and bought the clarisonic at a greatly reduced price - honestly there is no difference and they both do the same job of cleansing the skin thoroughly. I know that some people have a problem with the tresonic unit coming apart, but I have never had that problem and my face feels great after using either of them. I take the tresonic on hols and overnight stays, but if my clarisonic gave up on me I would be happy with the tresonic. In fact if I had tried both beforehand, I probably wouldn't have spent the £79 for the show price on the clarisonic.

Anyone wanting to try the revitalash, there are much cheaper places than QVC- where I buy from, you get 3.5 ml for cheaper than QVC charge for the 2ml, as you don't pay p&p. I have used this since my cancer treatment when I virtually lost all my eyelashes, when they grew back they were literally half as long. I wouldn't say my lashes are exactly back to how they were (menopause has kicked in as well now, grrrr!) but they certainly look loads better. It is expensive I know, but it's one of the few things I buy as I am not a huge cosmetics buyer.

I love nail envy,wouldn't use anything else on my nails.
Actually I love OPI full stop and don't use much else of my nails
I find LE C&P followed by superskin,the best on my sensitive face.
I love the L'Occitane Bon Merre soaps for my sensitive skin.
I love ultrasun for my face - calms my roscea and a good base for make up,although I wouldn't recommend it abroad.
I love LG eyeliners,for their softness but staying power

But thats not to say I buy it all on QVC :up:

Latest posts

Back